Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon The Suffers All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Bring a little greenery into your home Amazon Gift Card Offer jstfd6 jstfd6 jstfd6  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Lisa Loeb AMO Shop Now SnS
Customer Discussions > Romance forum

Bargain Kindle romance books that are also GOOD ... please, no promos in this thread

This discussion has reached the maximum length permitted, and cannot accept new replies. Start a new discussion

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 51-75 of 1000 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Mar 18, 2011 6:55:40 PM PDT
Marilyn.K says:
Oh, I just finished this and it is so good. It's been on my TBR list and as I was reading it I was asking myself "what took so long?" I strongly recommend this book.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 19, 2011 12:56:31 AM PDT
SunFlowers says:
Thank you so much for this site! So many of the books I end up finding and like are at least $7.99 so this site was perfect.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 19, 2011 7:29:02 AM PDT
joeyjhg2 says:
I agree about Silken Threads. Patricia Ryan is an awesome author.

Posted on Mar 22, 2011 7:49:39 PM PDT
Mary Bellomo says:
I'm currently reading A Bed of Spices: Bed of Spices, A (Harper Monogram) by Barbara Samuel, and it's AMAZING. I'm about half-way through it, and I just can't put it down! Only 99 cents on Kindle. Awesome awesome bargain for a great book.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 22, 2011 8:10:03 PM PDT
Karlyn says:
Looks great Mary, my kind of read. Love those older historicals. How is the formatting? That is the only issue I have with buying/reading older books released as ebooks. They have some of the worse formatting.

Posted on Mar 22, 2011 8:17:47 PM PDT
Mary Bellomo says:
So far, I haven't had much of an issue with the formatting. I haven't noticed any problems. It bugs me, too, but when the story is really good I don't care. And so far I love this story. Definitely outside the norm. But totally fab!

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 22, 2011 10:21:33 PM PDT
Karlyn says:
Sold! Thnx

Posted on Mar 23, 2011 3:16:48 AM PDT
Barbara S says:
Barbara freethy is another author who has released some of her older books at great prices. I've read Summer Secrets which is currently at .99 and Really enjoyed it.

Posted on Mar 23, 2011 8:24:23 AM PDT
Recently read Faking It. It's a full length book and very good, and only $2.99. There's a sequel you can pre-order for the same price.

Posted on Mar 23, 2011 5:12:59 PM PDT
Karlyn says:
Here is something for Jill Shalvis fans. A compatible cookbook that goes with the Lucky Harbor series! Heating Up the Kitchen: Recipes with Love from Lucky Harbor for only .99 cents. :-)

Posted on Mar 23, 2011 11:46:51 PM PDT
LadyHawke says:
Oh, boy! I have a TBR list that won't quit and then I run across this thread - I can't stop 1-clicking! Help!! ;-)

Seriously, though, great thread. Thanks for the great recommendations!

Posted on Mar 24, 2011 5:12:14 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 24, 2011 5:12:31 AM PDT
Mel Comley says:
I've read a few great Indie novels lately.

This Last Summer only 99c
Sweet Seduction same 99c
My Perfect Wedding (Romantic Comedy) $3.99
and The Gift of Joy only 99c

Posted on Mar 24, 2011 5:45:45 AM PDT
TravelingGal says:
I really liked Anne Stuart's Out-of-Print Gems, which has 5 novels in it. A great bargain at $6.64.

Posted on Mar 24, 2011 5:56:07 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 24, 2011 5:56:44 AM PDT
Here are a couple of new self-pubbed books for 99 cents from New York published authors (both are hot):

The Arrival: Atlantean's Quest Book One by Jordan Summers (I believe this is a re-release of an Ellora's Cave book)

A Rock and A Hard Place (Neuri/Psychic Hunters) by Charlene Teglia and Sasha White

Posted on Mar 24, 2011 3:35:19 PM PDT
Mary Bellomo says:
Ok I just finished "A Bed of Spices," and I have got to say that's one of the best novels I've ever read. Whew... talk about emotional.

Posted on Mar 24, 2011 6:24:56 PM PDT
Krista Lyn says:
Julie Ortolon's Perfect series was just released on kindle. I've read all three. The first two are good, but the last one is UNBELIEVABLE. I strongly recommend it if you like beauty and the beast type stories.

Here are the links: (Books listed in order)
1.Almost Perfect (Perfect Trilogy)......99 cents!
2. Just Perfect (Perfect Trilogy)....2.99
3. Too Perfect (Perfect Trilogy).....2.99

Posted on Mar 24, 2011 6:28:26 PM PDT
Krista Lyn says:
Oops! I forgot one other...

For those of you that loved A Bed of Spices by Barbara Samuel, she just released another of her earlier works. Lucien's Fall is now on kindle for 99 cents. It goes for big bucks on the used book market and it is a very very good book!

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 24, 2011 6:41:19 PM PDT
Krista Lyn...thanks for these recs! I like Julie Ortolon and just bought Too Perfect. I am always looking for good Beauty and the Beast stories!

NRB/Penny

Posted on Mar 24, 2011 6:54:23 PM PDT
Krista Lyn says:
N.R Borromeo,
Oh my goodness are you ever in for a treat! Make sure you've got some time because you are not going to want to put it down! Enjoy!

Posted on Mar 24, 2011 7:00:55 PM PDT
Krista Lyn says:
Here's another.....

For those that bought and/or read Silken Threads by Patricia Ryan (which is awesome by the way), just an FYI that the sequel to it is also available on kindle. Here's the product link The Sun and the Moon. I haven't read it but it's selling for 2.99.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 24, 2011 7:10:34 PM PDT
Mary Bellomo,

Really?
Is it that good?
I just downloaded to my PC.
I love emotional read.
Thank you

Posted on Mar 24, 2011 7:58:36 PM PDT
Naomi Carter says:
Thanks for all these great recs at great prices! My TBR pile is going to topple soon.

Posted on Mar 24, 2011 9:35:33 PM PDT
Indigo Ocean says:
I loved Opening Up enough to write a review for it, which I've only done for a handful of books ever, and now I'm looking to find more inspirational romance novels. Any suggestions?

Posted on Mar 25, 2011 7:55:53 AM PDT
Mary Bellomo says:
Music Box- yes it's that good! Such a refreshing change fron the standard plot!

Krista- thanks for the other rec. I'll be getting it today!

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 25, 2011 10:54:10 AM PDT
Indigo Ocean says:
Thanks, Mary. Will check it out. Like the title.
Discussion locked

Recent discussions in the Romance forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Romance forum
Participants:  790
Total posts:  10000
Initial post:  Mar 12, 2011
Latest post:  Sep 15, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 196 customers

Search Customer Discussions