Customer Discussions > Romance forum

Looking for heartbreaking scene

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 51-75 of 97 posts in this discussion
Posted on Nov 26, 2012 7:50:13 AM PST
Jean says:
Charade by Nyrae Dawn. I was actually sobbing at one scene in this book. And really, I never do that. (It was a good book otherwise, too!)

Posted on Nov 26, 2012 8:36:57 AM PST
lovebooks says:
the bronze horseman was so touching and hair pulling at the same time.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 26, 2012 9:18:26 AM PST
Cadi W. says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on Nov 26, 2012 9:25:40 AM PST
Noelle says:
Night in Eden by Candice Proctor has a heartbreaking scene near the beginning of the story. It's an historical that takes place in Australia, one of my favs.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 26, 2012 10:00:44 AM PST
Personally CMommy saved me some cash. I'm glad she summarized them this way so now I won't be wasting my time or money. Thanks CMommy :)

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 26, 2012 10:08:29 AM PST
Robin Wilson says:
A good summary doesn't have to give away key plot points. That's what the word "spoiler" is all about. Don't ruin the ending, please.

Posted on Nov 26, 2012 12:12:14 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 26, 2012 12:15:56 PM PST
CMommy says:
I apologize if I ruined the books for anyone but the original request of this thread was for books with heart breaking scenes "with" spoilers.

I've gone back and edited my post to remove spoilers.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 26, 2012 1:09:33 PM PST
Cadi W. says:
Thanks for that. I think that the original post was a little tricky because I interpreted it as saying that her examples for what she was looking for were possible spoilers, but I can also see it possibly being taken as wanting spoilers.

Ahh, the interwebs!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 26, 2012 1:48:30 PM PST
Noelle: That was a very heartbreaking scene, I agree.

On the other spoilers, I'd rather know if a major character like the H dies so I can avoid it like the plague.

Posted on Nov 26, 2012 4:59:17 PM PST
Noelle says:
I agree with Mary, I would love to know ahead of time if a main character dies so I can save my $$ and buy something else.

Posted on Nov 26, 2012 5:24:26 PM PST
NathalieM says:
There r many ppl. who just have to know the ending of a book b4 reading it but I am one of the few who want 2 discovr what happens as I read a book even tho there's no HEA so I really appreciate it when a poster warns us w/ a 'SPOILER' sign so that I can skip that post.

On to this discussion: I just read 'Lucky Penny' by Catherine Anderson-I cried when I read the letter that H's daughter wrote 2 him & when H saw daughter 4 the 1st time...oh what a scene! :) I also love how the title fits perfectly w/ the story.

Posted on Nov 26, 2012 7:21:19 PM PST
D. L. Murphy says:
Don't appoligize for the spoilers if people don't want them they should not read the SPOILERS!!!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 26, 2012 10:38:47 PM PST
D. Campbell says:
CMommy - I luv the recs and spoilers. Keep 'em coming.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 27, 2012 12:33:18 AM PST
NathalieM says:
I agree w/ u...I don't mind that ppl. post spoilers but if u put a 'SPOILER' sign or alert b4 writing it that'll b great for those of us who don't want to know...I see lots of ppl. doing that & when I see it, I won't read it & I then just skip it to the next post that way it won't ruin the book for me.

Posted on Nov 27, 2012 1:00:48 AM PST
Mo says:
I am reading Binding Arbitration at the moment - I know, it doesn't sound like a very romantic title but I am loving it. Just reading a fairly heartbreaking part of it now.

Posted on Nov 28, 2012 6:05:52 AM PST
ClaireS says:
Has anyone read Miss Me Not by Tiffany King? Lump in my throat.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 28, 2012 10:24:30 AM PST
Please don't remove all spoilers!! I don't want to shell out hard-earned cash only to have a book ruined by a horrible ending. That's the real spoiler. So thank you!!

I hate books without a traditional HEA. I depend on this forum for good recs, but I also depend on this forum for finding books to avoid. Just saying a book has a heartbreaking scene doesn't help me at all. I want to know WHY it's heartbreaking. If it's one where the heartbreak is something horrible the H has done to the h followed by a good long healthy grovel, that's exactly my cuppa. If the heartbreak means one of the lead characters is going to die, that's exactly my kryptonite. So please please please spoil me!

Posted on Nov 28, 2012 11:43:18 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 28, 2012 11:44:48 AM PST
I cannot agree more Angela!

Just simply telling me a book has a heartbreaking scene isn't going to do much for me! I don't want to spend $7.99 on a book, waiting and waiting for that one heartbreaking scene and it ended up being absolutely nothing.

While one reader might think a character falling off a bike and breaking a finger is heartbreaking, I may not. So I want the spoiler... The juicy details... The whole shebang! As long as the spoiler warn readers about **** SPOILS **** then it should be adequate. If you don't like spoils, but continue to read after being warned, then so be it, don't say you weren't warned!

Posted on Nov 28, 2012 12:06:15 PM PST
Jean says:
Given the turn of the conversation, I guess I should elaborate on the scene that made me cry so hard in Charade. It's not much of a spoiler because the H's mother is dying of cancer at the beginning of the book. We know that right away.

But when she dies...after holding on because she was worried about the H (he's 21 and they only have each other) and he has to basically tell her that she can go and he will be okay. But, boy - he sure doesn't want to tell her that. Very touching.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 28, 2012 12:10:05 PM PST
wondercat says:
Jean - I loved that scene, too. That book totally exceeded my expectations in general.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 28, 2012 12:28:18 PM PST
Jean says:
I agree - I was not expecting much and was kind of blown away by it.

Posted on Nov 29, 2012 6:09:31 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 29, 2012 6:11:50 AM PST
The book with the most heartbreaking scene (the heartbreak continues for chapters) that I've read in years is Return to Shanhasson (Blood and Shadows). It's the last book of a trilogy.

*SPOILERS* *SPOILERS* *SPOILERS* *SPOILERS* *SPOILERS* *SPOILERS*
Don't say I didn't warn you!
S
P
O
I
L
E
R
S

The H from the first two books dies. He and the h have a bond that allows them to hear each others thoughts. She hears him being killed. It was the most heartrending scene that I've read in a very long time. Before y'all write this series off though I have to tell you that the author managed to accomplish a miracle and pulled it off. If you're interested, I talked about it in the Warlord/Barbarian thread. The link below is my initial horror at him being killed. After I finished I provided spoilers. I ended up loving the series and am glad I read them, For me that's saying something because I'm definitely a HEA type of woman. I don't read or watch anything that I know is going to end badly.

http://www.amazon.com/forum/romance/ref=cm_cd_et_md_pl?_encoding=UTF8&cdForum=FxM42D5QN2YZ1D&cdMsgID=Mx1V4J02JYIAAHX&cdMsgNo=102&cdPage=5&cdSort=oldest&cdThread=Tx1GFVU8DFPZU9D#Mx1V4J02JYIAAHX

ETA - to put more space between the spoiler warning and the actual spoiler.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 30, 2012 8:56:46 AM PST
D. L. Murphy says:
That is one of my fav's I just enjoyed it so much.

Posted on Dec 2, 2012 9:35:37 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 2, 2012 10:09:17 PM PST
cbela says:
Nana Janet..

Do you happen to have that series on loan? I've tried loaning thread but seems nobody has them? I'm intrigued and worried about premise of H and h relationship...and trying new authors. I'm definitely thinking to buy trilogy end of this month. :) The only fantasy and warlord/battle romance I''ve read is Golden Dynasty by KA.

Posted on Dec 4, 2012 3:35:01 AM PST
bumpy bump
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Romance forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Romance forum
Participants:  51
Total posts:  97
Initial post:  Nov 16, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 22, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 20 customers

Search Customer Discussions