Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon The Suffers Explore Home Audio All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Bring a little greenery into your home Amazon Gift Card Offer girls2 girls2 girls2  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now SnS
Customer Discussions > Romance forum

Best Jealous Scene Ever

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 51-75 of 164 posts in this discussion
Posted on Dec 14, 2012 1:49:04 PM PST
Tiffany says:
In the book Intense. Insane. In Love by SD Becca Jacob is very jealous there are a few sences i really like.

"Did you get lost Cunningham?"
Both Jason and I turn towards the doorway - Jacob is there looking crazed and upset. My hand drops from Jason's arm.
"We should catch up Lee, what are you doing after work?" Jason asks, turning his attention back to me.
"Nothing."
"Great. I'll pick you up around six." He hands me his business card and I tuck it in my skirt pocket.
"Ok. See you then." Before exiting the copy room he pauses by the doorway for a brief stare down with Jacob.
After Jason leaves Jake makes no attempt to move from the doorway. Being alone with him is causing butterflies to knot up my stomach. When I pick up my paperwork to leave Jacob blocks my path.
"Why were you here alone with Cunningham?"
"None of your business."
"Do you just paw at every man making over six figures indiscriminately?" His words are like poison, quickly spreading, numbing everything positive I feel for him.
Placing a condescending smiling on my face, I look up at him. "Yes, that's exactly what I do. How did you guess?" He looks at me with contempt. I return the favor.
Holding his sneer, I go deeper into the darkness of he's eyes and find misery and hurt. I soften to it. Lightly caressing his face I step into him. Our bodies are now touching. I can feel his breath on my face. "What's wrong pussy cat?" I tease.
Closing his eyes, seemingly battling himself, he murmurs against my ear, "I can't stop thinking about you. It's driving me mad." His arms come around me, his lips move over mine, coaxing my mouth into parting beneath his...

I love this book.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 14, 2012 1:50:10 PM PST
Tiffany says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 14, 2012 5:17:05 PM PST
Doreen says:
Please tell me she broke her date with other guy after that :)

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 14, 2012 5:27:22 PM PST
What's the go with Part II, Tiffany?
The one and only review says it's the same as the first one.
Have you read the second one?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 14, 2012 10:57:15 PM PST
M.L. says:
@ Rosy Stone, I hope you enjoy Hungry For More. I might have to re-read it soon (and I usually never re-read books).

Posted on Dec 15, 2012 5:08:36 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 15, 2012 6:23:00 PM PST
Beeg Panda says:
Back to You by Priscilla Glen

NB: The h isnt completely convinced that the Hs reaction below is a result of his jealousy. Her best friend, however says: "........... Guys don't beat up other guys over girls they don't want." (Michael is the H and Lauren is the h)

"He moved quickly, passing everyone who was waiting in line for beer as he walked right up to the keg, cutting in front of Mark and grabbing the tap.

"Whoa, buddy," Mark said. "There's a line-"

Instantly Michael whirled, punching Mark in the face so hard that his feet came off the floor before he crashed back against the boy behind him and tumbled to the ground.

Lauren gasped loudly as she jumped up off the coffee table, her beer splashing to the floor. The sound-the sickening, cracking thud as his fist connected-carried all the way to the living room. She knew she'd never forget that sound.

Within seconds, people were scattering everywhere, most moving away from the scene as Mark's friends moved toward it, some of them trying to help him off the floor while the others tried pulling Michael away.

Lauren ran toward the kitchen, immediately noticing the blood on the floor as she entered. It was everywhere, looking like it was coming out of Mark's mouth or nose.

And then her eyes were pulled to the sudden, sharp movement of Michael ripping free from the boys who held him as he charged Mark again.

"Stop!" Lauren screamed, launching herself on top of the island counter that stood between her and the chaos, knocking over several bottles in the process. "Stop it!"

She tried to take his face in her hands, tried to get him to look at her, but his forward motion caused her to lose her balance. She flew backward, gripping the front of his shirt to steady herself as she landed on her backside on the countertop, sending a few more bottles shattering to the floor.

"Michael!" she screamed. For the first time since she'd known him, she felt a genuine flash of fear. He looked crazed, not even present.

"Michael, please!" she cried, feeling the tears building behind her voice.

He grabbed her wrist firmly, his eyes darting to hers, and once he realized who was gripping his shirt, she saw his eyes soften slightly. In that moment of hesitation, the boys that were behind him grabbed him again, yanking him out of her grip and restraining him long enough for the other boys to get Mark out of there.

Lauren sat on the counter surrounded by broken glass, her chest heaving and her eyes wide.

"Relax, bro! Relax!" one of the boys was yelling as a third ran to help them restrain Michael.

Lauren's eyes were locked on him as she watched him scan the scene, taking in the people backing away, the blood on the floor, the arms fighting to control him.

He jerked forward again, breaking free from the boys, but this time he moved toward Lauren.

"Let's get out of here," he said through labored breath, extending his hand to her.

Her body was shaking with adrenalin, her breath coming in gasps. She glanced over at Jenn, who was standing on the threshold of the kitchen, both hands clamped over her mouth and her eyes wide.

For a moment, it looked like she regretted the advice she'd given Lauren.

But then Michael grabbed Lauren's hand and pulled her off the counter, towing her out of the room, and as he dragged her past Jenn, she dropped her hands and smiled. "This is it. Call me," she whispered quickly as Lauren passed her.

As soon as they were outside, Michael released her hand as he tore down the driveway, and Lauren walked double-time to keep up.

When they reached his car a few feet down the road, he yanked open the passenger door before he stormed around the front of the car to his side.

"Are you okay to drive?" she asked softly.

He got in and slammed the door, and the next sound was the thunderous sound of the car starting. She stood there, hesitating for a moment as she took a shaky breath.

"Please just get in," she heard him say roughly from inside the car, and she swallowed before she slid into the seat and closed the door, buckling her seatbelt.

He took off like a shot, peeling rubber as they turned down the street, and Lauren leaned forward and grabbed the dash."

Posted on Dec 15, 2012 6:26:06 AM PST
bluey09h says:
I love this thread! Getting Hungry for more AND back to you.

Posted on Dec 15, 2012 12:23:02 PM PST
Avid reader says:
kate and Cullen in the "Magic" series - book 3? Kate is at dinner with Simeon and Cullen appears at the same venue with his entourage- great chapter from here on in - sparks and fur flying - not to mention roof-tops dashes and a mad as Cullen is bent on murder!! Needless to say Kate gives him back as good as she gets!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 15, 2012 12:39:33 PM PST
MelissaB says:
Justirishgirl,

You can have different accounts attached to your Prime membership as long as you have the same address. My husband is on mine using his account.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 15, 2012 1:03:27 PM PST
ambrosia says:
Avid Reader: That is a great scene. You should check out the same scene from Curran's POV in the Curran POV collection. It's even better when you see what he's thinking!!! I think it's free on Smashwords, but it's only $0.99 on Amazon.

Curran: Volume I (Curran POV Book 1)

Also so Fathers and Sons (Curran POV Book 2)

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 15, 2012 1:10:40 PM PST
HJ Leonard says:
Those used to be free on the Ilona Andrews website. Did that change?

Posted on Dec 15, 2012 2:02:15 PM PST
Avid reader says:
Thanks Ambrosia - will look and check. Am really enjoying this thread - am a lurker and haven't been a contributor - but great many recs from here!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 15, 2012 5:58:08 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 15, 2012 6:03:20 PM PST
romance4ever says:
Re "Intense. Insane. In Love" by SD Becca Jacob - I would have loved it and Part II of Intense, Insane In Love but SPOILERS: the H & the h never got together in Part 1 (in fact he does not appear in the book until it over 1/4 through the story) and spent very little time together (as in a couple) in Part II. Also Part I and Part III just ended abruptly. I felt ripped off, like it was a book the author just cut in half and published separately to get more money.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 15, 2012 10:47:01 PM PST
@Luvmylife: Thanks for the warning. Pity. It could have been good, but there are too many really good ones out there right now - and that's without the ones we're expecting to be released in Jan :-)
I'll give this a miss.

Posted on Dec 16, 2012 6:17:43 AM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Dec 16, 2012 6:33:14 AM PST]

Posted on Dec 16, 2012 7:05:11 AM PST
On Dublin Street has a good one! :)

Posted on Dec 16, 2012 9:05:15 PM PST
Coco_Wave says:
This is from Dark Magic by Feehan. My favorite book in the Carpathian Series. H is Gregory an h is Savannah. This is the beginning where he searches her out after 5 long years. Told from Gregory's POV.

His lips drew back in a silent snarl as the blonde assistant bent to trail a hand across Savannah's face and brush her forehead with a kiss before locking her, manacled and chained, inside a steel vault. Fangs exploded into his mouth, and the beast eyed the man with the cold unblinking stare of a killer. Deliberately he focused on the blond's throat-let him feel, just for one moment, the agony of strangulation. The man grabbed at his throat and stumbled, then recovered, dragging air into his lungs. He took a quick, nervous look around, trying in vain to see into the audience. Still breathing hard in alarm, he turned back to help lower the vault into a chamber filled with water.
The unseen predator growled his warning softly, a deadly menacing sound only the blond could hear. The man on stage whitened visibly and whispered something to the other assistant, who shook his head quickly with a slight frown.
While the return of his feelings brought indescribable joy, his loss of control was dangerous, even to him.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 17, 2012 4:29:04 AM PST
Karen L says:
I loved this scene and the series. Definitely second that recommendation!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 17, 2012 10:34:20 AM PST
bluey09h says:
Can you please post this scene Avid Reader? :)

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 17, 2012 1:03:24 PM PST
Avid reader says:
Have lent my books - will do a bit later today if I can find (am in the Southern Hemisphere!)

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 17, 2012 1:16:36 PM PST
Jem says:
No, it didn't change, you can still get them free. However, I believe some regulars on the site asked them to put the stories on Amazon because they wanted to support the authors.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 17, 2012 1:37:44 PM PST
Mo says:
Ikie - seriously it is like two different authors.

Posted on Dec 17, 2012 5:53:17 PM PST
This is a jealous h and it's an HP but it was great.

Rosie, the h, thinks the H, Constantine, has a married mistress named Cinzia. At the end, when Rosie is telling him she is leaving him, the phone rings. He is speaking a foreign language she doesn't understand...

"And then she heard him say 'Cinzia' as clear as a bell and sheer murderous rage just exploded like a blazing fire-ball inside her. Scrambling up, she launched herself at him, ripped the mobile phone from his hand and plunged it into the carafe of cold water beside the bed.
'You can talk to Cinzia when I'm gone, not before!' she condemned strickenly. 'I hope the
two of you rot in hell... I hope her husband catches you with her and kills you!"

The Secret Wife (Harlequin Presents) by Lynne Graham

Posted on Dec 17, 2012 6:05:00 PM PST
Russo says:
I loved Gregory I couldn't wait for his book, but I actually stopped reading the series after this book. Been meaning to pick it back up again

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 18, 2012 4:44:54 AM PST
The carpathian series: I have heard some good things about these books. However, do they happen to have any M/M in them? Could you give me a little summary on the series?

Thanks
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Romance forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Announcement
Read fresh new romance stories - and tell the writers which parts you love!
20 Jan 4, 2016
Announcement
Amazon Discussions Feedback Forum
152 7 days ago
Free Today Third Edition 1354 3 minutes ago
Hero is Crazy in Love and Crazy Jealous/Possessive 5 8460 14 minutes ago
Weekend Reading - 12-15 February 18 21 minutes ago
World of Romance. . . Rants & Raves. . . Thread #5 408 42 minutes ago
Need Help Finding a Historical Romance Based on Scotland 2 44 minutes ago
villians/bad guys who fall in love- movies and tv shows 168 59 minutes ago
The 2nd Bargain Kindle romance books that are also GOOD ... please, no promos in this thread 3778 1 hour ago
The Angstiest Harlequins Ever or at least for now..... 192 1 hour ago
BBA (a.k.a Books Are Not Babies) 9826 1 hour ago
Help with Finding a Harlequin 3 2 hours ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Romance forum
Participants:  81
Total posts:  164
Initial post:  Dec 8, 2012
Latest post:  25 days ago

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 51 customers

Search Customer Discussions