Customer Discussions > Romance forum

Plus Sized Reads

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 76-100 of 1530 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Jul 18, 2011 4:22:20 PM PDT
Ridley says:
"I am who I am too, but since I can't stop the labels from being applied I choose to pick the one less insulting and to me Plus Size is an accepted and beautiful term used to describe women who are of a large size."

Yet you had no problem labeling an overweight heroine a "real woman" in comparison to a woman who's a size 4.

If you have accepted that you are who you are, what's the point in denigrating thin women for their bodies?

Posted on Sep 16, 2011 10:22:24 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Feb 15, 2013 3:46:21 AM PST]

Posted on Sep 16, 2011 11:35:08 PM PDT
Pomma says:
Thank you! i will check it out. I appreciate it *S*

Posted on Sep 16, 2011 11:44:50 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Feb 15, 2013 3:46:27 AM PST]

Posted on Sep 17, 2011 7:37:33 AM PDT
rainy says:
A. M. Verdenius I downloaded that story to my kindle awhile ago and loved the story! I was wondering if there where going to others lol. It's definitely worth the read Pomma, check it out :)

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 17, 2011 8:20:05 AM PDT
Jamie Garton says:
Thanks, I will check it out. I am okay with self promotion in this discussion. It is rare to find books with an h that fits the description I look for.

Posted on Sep 17, 2011 8:56:19 AM PDT
Pomma says:
I downloaded it this morning the reviews read so very good. I am a reviewer but rarely if ever rely on them when I buy a book because reviews are really personal perceptions in all honesty.
But the subject matter of the story is what comes across in these reviews and why I want to read it.
Thank you all and now I'm off to read it! *S*

Posted on Sep 17, 2011 9:45:46 AM PDT
Pomma says:
I so believe in self promotion. With authors self publishing there has to be self promoting to get their books out there so reader can find them.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 17, 2011 10:22:08 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 17, 2011 10:22:28 AM PDT
wondercat says:
I downloaded your book about 6 months ago and really liked it. The ending was fabulous!

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 17, 2011 7:40:05 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Feb 15, 2013 3:46:38 AM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 17, 2011 7:43:10 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Feb 15, 2013 3:46:45 AM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 17, 2011 7:44:23 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Feb 15, 2013 3:47:00 AM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 17, 2011 7:51:43 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Feb 15, 2013 3:47:07 AM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 17, 2011 7:52:17 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Feb 15, 2013 3:47:12 AM PST]

Posted on Sep 18, 2011 7:28:28 AM PDT
rainy says:
Awesome! I was wondering if Mike was going to get his own story, so glad to see that he is lol. You can count on me to be one to purchase it when It's available :) I don't think u have anything to be nervous about lol.

Posted on Sep 18, 2011 8:40:06 AM PDT
NewDiane says:
"The Grand Sophy" by Georgette Heyer is a Regency (no explicit sex) with a tall, buxom, full-figured heroine.

"Seize the Fire" by Laura Kinsale is a Regency/Victorian with a heroine who is anywhere from plump to fat (she gains and loses weight during the course of the story.

"The Long Masquerade" by Madeleine Brent has a secondary character who is overweight. Victorian.

Posted on Sep 18, 2011 10:47:51 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 18, 2011 7:19:09 PM PDT
Pomma says:
I absolutely loved "Doctor's Delight". A beautiful story that definitely pulls at the heart, and keeps the reader pulled into the story. I just plain loved it. I am so happy that your writing about Mike, and I can't wait to read it. I love emotional stories that gives a reader an emotional investment and connection with the characters. I simply can't say enough about how wonderful the story the book was....*S*

Posted on Sep 18, 2011 1:11:57 PM PDT
@A.M. Verdenius
Just finished Doctor's Delight and it was a delight. Really enjoyed it and I'm looking forward to Mike's story.

I'm trolling through your backlist now as I love sci fi romance too.

Great work. Glad you suggested your book. As a plus sized girl myself, it's hard to find a good plus book that doesn't dwell too much on the weight but has enough angst about it to make the story believable.

Posted on Sep 18, 2011 1:43:03 PM PDT
It's hard to find a good book with a plus sized h. Most of the ones I find are weird kinky erotica with whips and chains and corsets and that just isn't my scene. I like my erotica to actually be respectful of women.

Evangeline Anderson does a lot of plus sized erotica but there is usually some bdsm elements if you like that.

Maddy Barone has a few short and sexy novels (really novellas) that are good.

Galaxy Fever by Piper Leigh. Short, sweet and very hot, sci fi erotica with a larger lady h.

Gabriel Hawk's Lady by Beverly Barton. An adventure romance with a larger h. But the H is a jerk to her and calls her fat, in trying to hurt her so she won't go with him on their trip into a war zone in South America. He puts her in boot camp and makes her lose weight before he will take her with him, at the end she is still curvy.

Posted on Sep 18, 2011 2:03:00 PM PDT
Thanks for the info.
I didn't know there were any plus size heroines.
If you like cats with courage I just read:The Cats of Catarau series by Susan Cox:SHARDAI, AKASHA,MAKITA

Posted on Sep 18, 2011 7:03:05 PM PDT
K. Simmons says:
Hi all... thanks for posting all of these recommendations. If anyone else is interested, I've added them all, as well as a few personal favorites, to a new wish list that you can see here (so all the titles/links are easily clickable).

http://www.amazon.com/gp/wishlist/J5U61UOIT30Y/ref=reg_hu-rd_add_wl

Posted on Sep 18, 2011 8:30:51 PM PDT
HI ladies, I am new. As an Author I just wanted to say I feel it is important that we represent the "real" women as our heroines. Who isn't tired of the "tall, lithe, runway model" cookie cutter mold for the heroines...I know I am! The everyday woman on the street sure is. I have enough insecurities of my own without the message of only the "pretty, thin girl get her man".

Posted on Sep 18, 2011 9:37:04 PM PDT
Thanks so much kt_simms, I found a few in there I haven't heard of before, but just fyi courting miss hattie doesn't have a plus sized h, hattie is supposed to be very ugly and is known as horse faced hattie but she isn't over weight.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 18, 2011 10:03:52 PM PDT
Aussie says:
Thanks for that. Wow, I remember reading The Grand Sophy years ago, I'd forgotten all about her. I'll check out the other books. Thanks!

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 18, 2011 10:04:18 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Feb 15, 2013 3:47:28 AM PST]
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Romance forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Romance forum
Participants:  228
Total posts:  1530
Initial post:  May 29, 2011
Latest post:  5 hours ago

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 79 customers

Search Customer Discussions