Customer Discussions > Romance forum

Fans of k-dramas... please help

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1026-1050 of 1000 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2012 11:56:18 AM PST
D.M. - What did you find confusing about the ending of Flower Boy Ramyun Shop? I thought it was pretty straight forward.

Posted on Dec 19, 2012 12:05:23 PM PST
Lovely D.M. says:
Hey Reader123, okay it ended with the hero meeting the heroine again after he apparently left for military service. However we don't know if he is on leave to just visit or if his service is over.We don't know if he fixed things with his grandfather and if he will return to work in his grandfather's company or not. We don't know what he will do now that he's come back. We don't know where the H/h will live. At least that's the way I remember it, but maybe because it's been a while since I've watched it I'm missing some details from the ending?

Posted on Dec 19, 2012 12:18:40 PM PST
D.M. - It's been a while since I watched so I may not remember correctly, but I thought he was out of the military - he had avoided contact with the h while in the service because he was afraid he could not handle hearing her voice and not seeing her. Last scene involving his father I thought was the father instructing his secretary to make sure investments were transferred to the H - so I took it that financially the H was going to be OK. I think you are correct that they did not address where he would work or live, but I was just happy that the ending showed them together again.

Posted on Dec 19, 2012 12:31:30 PM PST
Lovely D.M. says:
Thanks for the info. Reader123, even though not all the questions are answered but at least the more important ones seem to have been addressed even if not clearly. Well your post makes me think that the ending did not suck, it was an okay ending that should/could have been better.

Posted on Dec 19, 2012 2:40:11 PM PST
Thanks for the update on your Baby Faced Beauty feelings, D.M. Same as you this was a show I enjoyed watching, but wouldn't add it to my list of favorites. 1 % of Anything was decent through the first half, but is dragging in the second half. I'm actually more interested in the romance between the H's cousin and the h's adopted sister at this point. I think my main issue is that the main couple don't really have any "spark" between them. I don't feel like she loves him. I'm almost finished and these two haven't even kissed. All we've had are some sincere "hugs" to this point. Kang Don Won is adorable and I can't help but wish that he and Joo Won(Gaksital) would act together in a drama as brothers since they really do look that much alike. I'm going to finish this one, but I don't love it. It gets an okay.

@Jennifer: Flower Boy Raymun Shop only gets better from the first episodes. The H becomes basically obsessed with the h. He's so cute trying to figure out all his new feelings. His reaction to discovering that he's jealous still makes me grin. Plus it's got Jung Il Woo and Lee Ki Woo. It's a cute fluffy drama with an HEA. I'd definitely reccomend continuing.

By the way, Coffee Prince has the same h and Goong, but she's completely transformed since the H thinks she's a boy for about 80% of the drama. But she's still adorable. I wish I could go back and watch all these great dramas again for the first time. And about Faith, if you go in for the romance between the h and H then I don't think you'll be disapointed. The H is Lee Min Ho, there is really no downside to this. Speaking of Lee Min Ho, his other two dramas after Boys Over Flowers are worth watching as well...City Hunter (LOVE) and Personal Taste (REALLY LIKE).

Posted on Dec 19, 2012 4:54:28 PM PST
I'll keep up with Flower Boy, his shock over getting water on his cashmere sweater was priceless!

Lee Min Ho could read the dictionary aloud and I'd probably watch it, he is, checking over my shoulder to make sure my sweet hubby isn't looking, so handsome!

I will definitely check out City Hunter and Personal Taste (the premise for PT sounds super fun).

Posted on Dec 19, 2012 8:35:06 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 19, 2012 8:36:14 PM PST
Lovely D.M. says:
Happy watching Jennifer :)
I'm feeling kind of jealous lol, because you have so many new shows to check out.

Rashell your review of "1% of anything" made me less excited about checking it out. The synopsis is good, but anyways maybe someday (soon) they'll take the idea and use it for a new show? I think the idea could make for a really good romance/comedy type drama.

On another note: I'm excited for the movie "Kyo Koi Wo Hajimemasu" (Love For Beginners). I've read some of this manga and liked it, and apparently they've made a live action movie of it! I'm looking forward to when it becomes available with English subs.

Posted on Dec 19, 2012 10:03:52 PM PST
D.M. - - It's like discovering chocolate and coffee after a lifetime without them. I was trying to explain my recent obsession to a friend and she just stared at me amazed and then said, 'I fell asleep halfway through Life is Beautiful, still not sure what it was about."

Kyo Koi Wo Hajimemasu is the one where she cuts his hair, right? Wow, it has a kinda cold, forceful hero, reminded me a little of the lead in Honey x Honey drops. But I'd totally watch it, the manga is good.

Posted on Dec 20, 2012 5:53:07 AM PST
Jennifer - if you liked the manga Hana Kimi, you might want to check out To The Beautiful You. In all there are 4 live action dramas of this manga (2 Japanese, 1 Taiwanese and1 Korean), of these the Korean verison, To The Beautiful You was IMO the best - more focus on the romance between the H/h and less on the school hijinks.

Posted on Dec 20, 2012 7:26:57 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 20, 2012 7:37:41 AM PST
Lovely D.M. says:
Good morning, and yes Jennifer Kyo Koi wo Hajimemasu is the one where the heroine cuts his hair and then he promises to take all her firsts. I agree the hero is kind of cold and forceful, but then he becomes sweeter to our sweet/shy heroine. Yes I agree the manga is good, which makes me more excited for the movie!
Are you interested in anime? I like live action drama and movies more than anime. However there are a few really good Shoujo anime that I like. I wish they'd make a live action version of Maid Sama and Vampire Knight/Vampire Knight Guilty (those are the two anime that I really like).

Edited to add: lol at your friend's response, she needs to watch one of those dramas and read one of those mangas to know what she is missing. Oh and yum at your analogy, it reminds me of how I felt after I discovered these shows too :D

Posted on Dec 20, 2012 10:25:42 AM PST
I'm looking forward to Joo Won's Level 7 Civil Servant drama scheduled to premiere in January. I do agree that he and Kang Dong Won look alike and would be great in a drama together. Unfortunately the last TV drama that Kang Dong Won appeared in (he only appeared in three) was in 2004 (Magic - in which he did not get a HEA) - I think he now only does movies. I don't think his TV drama Country Princess is available anywhere - but since he was the second male lead, I doubt if he got a HEA in that drama either.

Posted on Dec 20, 2012 11:00:38 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 20, 2012 11:13:37 AM PST
Kyo Koi Wo Hajimemasu sounds very exciting and possibly right up my ally!!
D.M~ I would also love a Maid Sama live action.
I've still not found a subbed version of Ouran High School Host Club. DramaCrazy only has raw. Anyone know where I can watch subbed?
Over the holiday break I have hopes to catch up on my drama watching. Starting with FH2 and Alice. And maybe rewatch My Princess and Playful Kiss :)

If I don't happen to make it back before~ I wish you all a very Merry Christmas and safe and happy New Year. I am happy to have found you this year!!

P.S~ Welcome Jennifer, whatever recommendation they give you here, enjoy them all. We have an awesome group of drama watchers here!!

Edit to add~ just watched the movie preview for Kyo Koi Wo Hajimemasu (Love for Beginners) now i'm really excited!!

Posted on Dec 20, 2012 11:19:27 AM PST
aly - Gooddrama has Ouran High School Host Club

http://www.gooddrama.net/japanese-drama/ouran-high-school-host-club

Posted on Dec 20, 2012 12:08:58 PM PST
I love anime and manga, just finished watching Ouran HHC, so finding out that there is a live action movie is ah-mazing, I have some serious host club withdrawl!

I just started Hana Kimi, I like the premise, but haven't been totally in love with it, but I bet I'd love the drama. Are there a lot of shoujo mangas made into dramas? I wish Tonari no Kaibutsu was made into a live action, but I'm pretty happy with the anime.

Thanks, aly, everyone has been super nice and helpful here, best of all, no weird sock puppet spammers to deal with!

D.M. There's a lot of resistance to watching subtitled movies, I can't understand it.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 20, 2012 12:17:40 PM PST
Sorry Reader, I should clarify I meant OHSHC the movie. I have watched the drama. Thank you though!!

Posted on Dec 20, 2012 12:45:54 PM PST
Lovely D.M. says:
Aly, yes I'm really excited for the movie too! I hope that they turn more good romantic Shoujo manga into live action shows or movies. Also happy watching with "Cheongdam dong Alice", which is the only "still airing" show I'm following right now, and I'm really liking it so far.

Jennifer, I didn't like Hana Kimi that much, for me it was just an average show. I would place Hana Kimi in the wacky comedy genre, instead of any romance/drama genre. Oh and since you like anime, if I come across another good anime series (besides the two I've already mentioned) I'll be sure to tell you!

Reader123 are there any other new shows that will start airing soon that could be to my taste? This Level 7 Civil Servant one, I just don't find the premise that interesting but I might check it out when it starts airing. The only two new shows that I'm really excited about, are "Pretty Boy Next Door" and "That Winter the Wind Blew".

Oh and Aly's post reminded me, I hope you all are having a wonderful Christmas vacation! Merry Christmas, and Happy Holidays to all :)

Posted on Dec 20, 2012 1:16:47 PM PST
OH, I can't WAIT for Pretty Boy Next Door. I'm practically stalking that thread at soompi trying to get as much info as I can. I'm hoping that Viki subs it since they are the fastest. But this is a drama where I could totally have second lead syndrome. I adore Kim Ji Hoon. SO HOT! And we'd better get the mandatory return from the army abs scene or I'm going to be very displeased.

D.M., be glad that you dropped Missing You. SY and JW kissed in today's episode. And poor Harry is so jealous and terrified to lose her that it breaks my heart. YSH is just so pretty to look at. I can't even imagine how good looking he will be once he's actually a man. (Have to remind myself how young this guy is) She does tell JW that she won't leave Harry behind. But still it seems that her heart is with JW.

I'd like you manga readers to give some rec's here too. I've never really tried to read one, and many of my favorite dramas are manga based so I'm up to checking them out. Thanks! I love this thread to pieces.

Posted on Dec 20, 2012 1:39:20 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 20, 2012 1:40:00 PM PST
D.M. - Actually, I am really looking forward to Level 7 Civil Servant - Joo Won is one of my favorites. Also, looking forward to Pretty Boy Next Door. Only other future show I have on my radar is Gu Family Book with Lee Seung Ki, but I don't think it airs till April. Apparently City Conquest will not air in 2013.

I'm currently following Alice and Jeon Woo Chi.

Happy Holidays everyone!

Posted on Dec 20, 2012 2:46:13 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 20, 2012 5:27:45 PM PST
Lovely D.M. says:
Hey Rashell, thanks for the headsup! Now I'm feeling glad that I dropped Missing You. Oh and please no second male lead syndrome in Pretty Boy Next Door, I hate suffering through that lol. They have to make the first lead more appealing than the second lead!

About manga recommendations, I'd say try out Kyou Koi Wo Hajimemasu that one has a lot of chapters up already and it has a good drawing style and an interesting story (and a live action movie that I hope will become available soon with English subs). Also I'm right now following a new manga, only one chapter is up so far. The manga is entitled "Boku no uchi ni oide" (Come to My Home), it is off to a really good start.

Just know that those mangas are not finished, meaning if you start them you will have to wait for a month or more for some of them to update with new chapters. As for anime, the two I mentioned "Vampire Knight/Vampire Knight Guilty" and "Maid Sama" are my favorites.

Reader123, what is Gu Family Book about?

Posted on Dec 20, 2012 3:01:50 PM PST
D.M. - Gu Family Book is a fantasy sageuk. Dramabeans info on the drama:

http://www.dramabeans.com/2012/10/lee-seung-gi-and-suzy-cast-in-fantasy-sageuk/

Posted on Dec 21, 2012 12:24:24 PM PST
D.M. - Did you know that there is a Season 2 of Switch Girl currently airing?

http://www.dramacrazy.net/japanese-drama/switch-girl-2/

Posted on Dec 21, 2012 2:00:15 PM PST
Lovely D.M. says:
Thanks for telling me Reader123 :)
I've already watched the first episode of season 2 raw, and I just found it a bit too weird for my taste in its humor. The cute and sincere scenes between the H/h are what makes this show for me, and there is a scene like that in almost every episode. I still like how calm Arata is in comparison to how hyper Nika is. I guess I'll wait until it all gets subbed before I decide whether to watch it or not.

Posted on Dec 21, 2012 2:09:56 PM PST
Lovely D.M. says:
Oh and thanks for the link about Gu Family Book, hmm I don't know if I'm interested in this show or not. So I'll reserve judgement until more info. or a trailer becomes available.

Posted on Dec 23, 2012 10:17:28 AM PST
Thanks for the manga recs. I don't think I'll read anything that isn't finished though. I can hardly wait a week for new drama episodes so months for a new chapter would be impossible.

Alice continues to be delightful to watch, but I think now at the halfway point we'll be getting more angsty. I actually really sympathize with Yoo Ju and really hope that her husband loves her. It's not that I don't feel bad for Sueng Jo, but I know there were times in other dramas where I wouldn't have blamed the h for ditching the H over his massively jerky family. So I can understand why YJ didn't want to battle that. And honestly maybe she really didn't love him as much as he loved her but that doesn't make her bad. To me she is a very sympathetic character and I don't want to see the life she worked so hard for blown apart.

Posted on Dec 25, 2012 3:33:57 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 25, 2012 3:49:02 PM PST
Lovely D.M. says:
I agree Rashell, I also really sympathize with Yoon Joo, and I don't understand why she's not happy. Is it because she's afraid of being found out? I agree with the points you made, and I hope she gets a happy ending with her husband. I'm interested to see where the story will go from here with our H/h, since JTC has just revealed his true identity to our heroine SK. I'm also interested to see what Tommy will do, he's the person who seems to know everything about everyone.

Now onto another topic
I wish the trailer for the movie KKWH movie was English subbed. Anyways when I was watching it, I stumbled upon this medley mv of the movie. I simply loved the movie scenes shown!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8hlvCXII6AU
The KKWH movie is looking great, I can't wait.

And here's two favorite parts of the OVA/anime KKWH. The second one is very apt for Christmas!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W0qFoSdtp5U
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zB8VU_ZqAvc

On another note, there's a new trailer for Pretty Boy Next Door! I'm excited for this show as well. It looks like it's going to be a very cute, funny and romantic show. I love when the hero does the "I'm watching you" sign to the heroine. Again, I wish this mini trailer had English subs.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=hjKSR-bbH1M

Edited to add: I was sure I put this in the end, but I don't know what happened, so I'm writing it again. Merry Christmas :)
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Romance forum
Participants:  91
Total posts:  4124
Initial post:  Jan 14, 2012
Latest post:  2 hours ago

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 20 customers

Search Customer Discussions