Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro
Customer Discussions > Romance forum

"The List" that was spawned by the popular Don't Shoot Me Thread

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 126-150 of 1000 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Nov 10, 2010 6:39:00 PM PST
boogenhagen says:
Vanessa You Are Brilliant!! Thank you! :)

Posted on Nov 10, 2010 8:28:58 PM PST
RomReader says:
Vanessa--adding 2 more to Contemp list

Long Night's Loving by Anne Mather -- h had 1-night stand w/ OM while married to H
Not His Kind of Woman by Roberta Leigh -- H cheats w/ h while he had a girlfriend who happens to be h's friend & roommate

Posted on Nov 10, 2010 8:58:30 PM PST
A new one for the list - The Promise - Brenda Joyce (Hero stays away from heroine for 6 years; he has mistresses and tavern wenches galore).....well maybe not galore, but I was like WTF???

Posted on Nov 10, 2010 9:03:26 PM PST
Well since I'm on a rant about this crappy book I will add it to the list as well. Not sure if it's on here already: Whitefire - Fern Michael's hero will screw anything that will stand still long enough, even while supposedly missing the heroine.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 17, 2010 12:43:23 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 17, 2010 12:48:23 PM PST
Vanessa says:
I think I read this book! He raped her and promptly forgot about her, right? And yes it was truly rape, brutal too. Then for some reason, I can't remember why but the grandfather wants her to marry H. I think he overhears her telling the grandfather about what he did to her and he feels bad? I see that it was republished several times, I wonder if all the copies are the same.

Posted on Nov 17, 2010 12:54:05 PM PST
My, times they are a changin'. A few years back, Ellora's Cave rejected my erotic romance, Searchers, because my heroine had an affair. Gasp! My rejection letter stated that although the story was well-written, they feared a cheating heroine would offend the readers. Gee, affairs never happen in real life, do they? Anyhow...Whiskey Creeks, Torrid romance, accepted and published the story. You can find it at: http://tinyurl.com/2e6vqew

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 17, 2010 3:28:01 PM PST
boogenhagen says:
Ginger--I am sorry they would not publish your book and glad you finally found one. The following comment is not intended to offend but I do have to say that I don't want to read about a cheating h unless the circumstances are extreme. Ie the husband is MIA for a long time, in a coma or thought dead.

I tend to try to identify with the h when I read a story and I don't and would not cheat on my H. I don't want to read about a bored or unsatisfied h who has an affair while still married. You want to leave a relationship or marriage because your unsatisfied-- fine, but don't betray yourself and your marriage that way. Get some backbone and character and either try to fix the problems or leave.

Posted on Nov 17, 2010 5:34:29 PM PST
Yes Vanessa,
Hero brutally rapes the heroine in the first chapter. I'm not squeamish but I really hated this book. Ick. I think your thinking of the same book.

Posted on Nov 26, 2010 7:20:13 PM PST
Morgan says:
Dont know if its been mentioned here or in the cheating thread but another historical by jane feather venus has a h that cheats to save H but there were other ways that werent quite so quick i remember because it made me so angry that book has stuck with me for a long time and to this day i hate the ending of that book ty for all your hard work bc i use this a reference point to make sure i dnt buy any of the books on this list lol

Posted on Dec 2, 2010 5:21:47 PM PST
Donna S says:
Bumping this thread. Someone is looking for the "list"

Posted on Dec 3, 2010 2:47:54 PM PST
tomegirl says:
bump

Posted on Dec 5, 2010 10:46:43 AM PST
CityGirl says:
Out of all of these books which one's a good? I don't want to waste my time reading a book where the H or h-whoever hid the cheating doesn't redeem him/herself.

Posted on Dec 12, 2010 10:26:58 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 12, 2010 10:40:13 PM PST
RomReader says:
Vanessa -- (EDIT: I found it after all. :) )
Can't find this on the historical List.

This Duchess of Mine by Eloisa James

both H & h cheat during their marriage. h left H after she caught him in the act with his mistress soon after they wed. h left for Paris where she had 2 affairs, which H condoned as payback for his betrayal of h. H was celibate during their 9-yr estrangement.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 13, 2010 5:52:51 AM PST
Vanessa says:
RomReader - Thanks I fixed that :) Apparently I had it listed as Duchess of Mine instead of This Duchess of Mine *doy*

Posted on Dec 14, 2010 9:09:43 AM PST
Wow amazing list!!
This is such a useful list for those who want to use it as a recommendations list or a 'to-avoid' list!
I'm definitely staying away from many of these books :)
Some actions can never be forgiven no matter how much (or how little) grovelling was done. Just not my cup of tea- but this list is much appreciated!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 14, 2010 9:21:07 AM PST
Book Fiend says:
CityGirl...go to the original discussion group and post the same question. You'll get LOTS of responses there. Take care.

Posted on Dec 27, 2010 7:12:30 PM PST
Melissa C. says:
Hi everyone this thread was getting burried and I saw some one was looking for cheating heros..... SOOOO Bump.

Posted on Dec 28, 2010 6:30:28 AM PST
Doro says:
h cheats in this one
The Rules of Marriage - Sheila Bishop h marries older H who neglects her so she has affair with his neighbor. She didn't think it was really against the rules of marriage because H had been having an affair with her married aunt when they met and her own mother had a long-term lover.

H has emotional relationship with OW
A Marriage Made on Earth - Sheila Bishop H & h are newlyweds, but H idealizes OW- a married neighbor lady. H lets OW tell h how to decorate house and dress and so on. H is always visiting OW - no physical cheating, but everyone thinks they're having an affair.

Posted on Dec 28, 2010 7:01:03 PM PST
Audra says:
Wow, what a list!

Another historical is "Splendor" by Brenda Joyce...H is married and cheats with h, intermittent angst and time ensues, H has to get back together with his evil wife, cheats again with the h, and they end up together when the wife dies.

Also...are any of these books good reads (or should I just read the source thread?)...I'm new to the forums and I hate cheaters just as much as the next girl but some of these books have to be great, right?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 28, 2010 7:22:53 PM PST
boogenhagen says:
the Nurse--Quite a few are really good, they are discussed in detail (with spoilers) on the Cheating hero's thread. So if you like the description, go to the CHT and type in the name of the book in the search customer discussion box and you will get a variety of opinions on the book and then can make a decision. Welcome to the forum and Happy Reading :)

Posted on Jan 3, 2011 1:22:56 AM PST
Books&Wine says:
Bump

Posted on Jan 9, 2011 9:01:18 AM PST
Vanessa says:
Okay I have updated "The List". The new ones of ** by them. I noted that apparently I didn't place Splendor on there so I have added it to my list to be added on to at a later date. As always if you see errors or other books to be added, please let me know. Enjoy! : )

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 9, 2011 9:05:41 AM PST
Navi says:
Vanessa, where can I find the updated list?? Can't wait to check out the new ones!

Nita

Posted on Jan 9, 2011 9:42:40 AM PST
Reader in NJ says:
Navi, Not Vanessa but the list is at the beginning of this thread (go to page 1).

Posted on Jan 9, 2011 11:51:59 AM PST
seton says:
from the List:

"Twin of Ice Jude Deveraux - h sneaking out on fiancé, first of the two books AND Twin of Fire Jude Deveraux h cheats w/ H, her twin sister's fiancé"

I dont see how TWIN OF FIRE is a cheating bk. The h is not the one engaged. The H only seduced h because he thought he thought she was her twin (his long time fiancee).
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Romance forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Announcement
Read fresh new romance stories - and tell the writers which parts you love!
25 May 2, 2016
Announcement
Amazon Discussions Feedback Forum
160 10 days ago
Hero is Crazy in Love and Crazy Jealous/Possessive 6 2164 12 minutes ago
Romance with aliens that actually look like aliens 2038 59 minutes ago
World of Romance. . . Rants & Raves. . . Thread #5 5085 1 hour ago
Loan Me Thread V. 7 1964 1 hour ago
Biker Romance Part 2 7035 1 hour ago
Dear Book Buying Confessional (and other topics) part 2 880 2 hours ago
heroine kidnaps hero romances?? 21 2 hours ago
Alpha H falls in love with Single Mom 9 2 hours ago
Free Today Third Edition 3352 2 hours ago
Harlequin Presents - Let's start at the beginning... a very good place to start - Number... 4319 4 hours ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Romance forum
Participants:  309
Total posts:  9518
Initial post:  Sep 21, 2010
Latest post:  1 day ago

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 83 customers

Search Customer Discussions