Customer Discussions > Romance forum

Fan Fic Fight Club - Season Two

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 126-150 of 1000 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Jan 27, 2013 12:06:29 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 27, 2013 12:55:19 PM PST
bklvr says:
I loooooove 'Kiss Me Slowly'. I listened to that on repeat while writing a scene in 9Cs. Yeah, LOVE that song, lol!

I tend to look for slow, sad songs. I do use up tempo ones sometimes, but it's the ones that make my heart hurt that help most when writing. I need that extra help when I'm trying to portray some of this stuff.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 27, 2013 12:06:58 PM PST
*does a happy dance at finding a fellow Vast AND BMRC fan*

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 27, 2013 12:08:06 PM PST
Beeg Panda says:
Miss-
This doesn't play here in SA. Gah! It's Civil Twilight: Letters from the Sky, right? I'm looking for another link to listen to. Did you listen to the Bruno Mars one I posted here earlierA? It's so beautiful. The songs he writes are all beautiful but that one just reminds me of my Edwards. LOL.

Read-
I finished The Rocker That Holds Me. Quick, short read. I enjoyed it even though it felt more like Chicklit than Romance.

Posted on Jan 27, 2013 12:12:49 PM PST
So I just found out that Aiden Turner, who plays Kili in The Hobbit is going to be in the Mortal Instruments movie, so now I HAVE to watch it, and want to read the book just to see who he's gonna play.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 27, 2013 12:13:37 PM PST
readtoomuch says:
@Tracy: If you don't mind reading EdwardxLeah fics, then check out author IdPattThat. Seriously, she makes this pairing work.

Pulling Heaven Down
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/8396274/1/Pulling-Heaven-Down
He's reaching, wishing, and hoping he's enough. Will she let him be just that?

All the King's Horses
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/7813013/1/All-the-King-s-Horses
When an unexpected tragedy threatens to tear their family apart, Leah and Edward must find the strength to put the pieces back together.

Accidental Atonement
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6372221/1/Accidental-Atonement
Leah Clearwater considers herself a lost soul and happiness a lost cause. Will community service with the new youth pastor show her that even she deserves a second chance?

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 27, 2013 12:15:36 PM PST
bklvr says:
Smut: He plays Luke Garroway/Lucian Greymark. He is Clary's Mom's best friend and has basically been her "stand in" father all her life. Not gonna say anymore b/c I don't want to spoil in case you read the books. ;)

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 27, 2013 12:16:14 PM PST
Beeg Panda says:
read-
omg E and Leah - I never once thought of this combo. is Bella in these at all?

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 27, 2013 12:17:49 PM PST
They've been in my TBR for ages, but they might have to move up.

I do love that man!

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 27, 2013 12:18:57 PM PST
ambrosia says:
Smutty Mom: was Kili the blond twin or the dark twin? I thought the dark twin was hot - though not as hot as Thorin Oakenshield!!!! Wowza! (and, unlike Viggo Mortenson, he's got a great voice! His thin, reedy voice really detracted from Aragorn's smex appeal. :-( )

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 27, 2013 12:19:17 PM PST
bklvr says:
Smut: Luke is an awesome character. He's one of the few adults in the series I like.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 27, 2013 12:19:32 PM PST
readtoomuch says:
@Smut: you too!!!! I love Vast and BMRC. I thank God I watch True Blood otherwise I might have never heard of BMRC. And Vast?! It's scary how many people have never heard of Vast. My friend thought they were a cover band!! WTF?! She lost my respect right then and there. No excuses for not knowing anything about music.

Posted on Jan 27, 2013 12:23:24 PM PST
readtoomuch says:
I'm definitely watching the TMI movies. At least I'll know the acting will be better than ehem *cough cough*

Kili is going to be Luke?!?! oooohh yeeaah

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 27, 2013 12:24:25 PM PST
readtoomuch says:
@Beeg: yeah, there's some Bella bashing. It was quite enjoyable. hmm...wonder what that says about me? =P

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 27, 2013 12:27:50 PM PST
bklvr says:
Read: Yes!!! I cannot tell you how excited I am for these movies, lol. I know most of y'all are Twilight fans (at least Twific fans) but TMI has always been my series. Have you seen the trailer? I can't WAIT! (though I have to say, Jamie Campbell Bower looks NOTHING like the Jace in my mind, but he certainly acts like him!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hc4CiTvQ-YE

Posted on Jan 27, 2013 12:29:35 PM PST
Happy Sunday everyone! =) and *yay* to the Second thread. Any guess on how many threads we´ll make all in all? XD

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 27, 2013 12:30:43 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 27, 2013 12:32:08 PM PST
The dark one. He also played the vampire Mitchell in the BBC (GOOD) version of Being Human. So hot!

@ readtoomuch a friend turned me onto Vast years ago and I fell in love, and I always squeal when someone else knows them or when I see them pop up on something I watch. And I think I found BMRC on the True Blood soundtrack too, lots of great music on that show.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 27, 2013 12:34:12 PM PST
readtoomuch says:
I was pretty disappointed at the Jace casting because yup, he doesn't look anything like the Jace in my head. But neither did Robert Pattinson as Edward. I will say that I didn't think he was all that cute when the Twilight movies first came out, but he is definitely much more attractive now especially with a little scruff on his face. Just a little... not like mountain man or anything. Still wouldn't watch the Twilight movies though unless it was supposed to be a comedy. Sorry to all the ladies who loved the movies =D

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 27, 2013 12:36:18 PM PST
ambrosia says:
S&M: Thanks! I guess it's time to read the Mortal Instrument books!

Posted on Jan 27, 2013 12:36:25 PM PST
Lulu123 says:
A cheating rec: Edward is caught in the act with Tanya. Bella wants nothing to with him and decides a little payback is due. This is listed as a Bella/Paul story and it's still a WIP but I'm really liking Bella's backbone and the fact that she's not willing to just blindly forgive E.

Revenge is a Dish Best Served Hot » by twifantasyfan
Bella's homecoming wasn't anything like she expected. Seeing her fiance cheat on her made her think "revenge is a dish best served hot". AU/AH.
Twilight, M, English, Drama & Romance, chapters: 5, words: 15k+, favs: 208, follows: 354, updated: 1/21/13 published: 2/17/12, Bella & Paul

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 27, 2013 12:38:21 PM PST
bklvr says:
Read: I was REALLY disappointed at first, because, as I'm sure you've guessed, Jace is my favorite hero. Ever. I just really connected with him in the series, so his casting was the only one I cared about. When we got word of Jamie I kind of felt like crying. He just was nothing like I envisioned and I, personally, don't find him attractive. BUT...I've been impressed by him in all the clips and the trailer. He may not look like Jace to me, but he FEELS like him, which is what really counts.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 27, 2013 12:41:35 PM PST
I thought Pattinson LOOKED ok as Edward, Stewart LOOKED ok as Bella, but the acting was horrible and overly melodramatic. I think most of the rest of the movie was miscast though. Why did they hire so many brunettes to play blond characters? The wigs got more ridiculous with every movie. Alice looked ok in the first two, but even she had bad wigs for the rest of the movies.

I think they should have let whoever did the casting and makeup for the Lord of the Rings movies do the casting and makeup for Twilight. Those movies were perfectly cast, and those elves (even the ones who had to wear wigs) had that flawless perfection that Twilight vamps are supposed to have.

And Pattinson definitely HAS got better with age.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 27, 2013 12:44:15 PM PST
readtoomuch says:
@Linda: whodathunkit, huh?!? hopefully, many more threads in the future.

@smut: It was "Shuffle Your Feet" that had me perking my ears and turning on the closed caption to see if the name of the song and band were listed. Then I realized I had actually heard other songs by BRMC when I googled them like "Red Eyes and Tears" during Six Feet Under and then "Stop" on Sons of Anarchy.

Do you watch SoA? I started listening to Joshua James because of SoA. He's sooo good on the guitar.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 27, 2013 12:44:26 PM PST
bklvr says:
Smut: I had no problem with the appearances of Rob or Kristen, either. But the movie previews were on TV before I even read Twilight, so...

But I will say, I never picture Rob as Edward when I read fics.

Posted on Jan 27, 2013 12:48:03 PM PST
Miss says:
Beeg - Yes it was Civil Twilight Letters from the Sky. I love that song.

read - I saw that you had Incubus on your list. When my brother in law died of a brain tumor I created a memorial video to be played at his funeral. When the part of the video introduced us to his marriage to my SIL the song Dig by Incubus is the song that I chose to go with the the photos documenting their relationship. There was not a dry eye in the house and considering all that both he and my SIL went through the song was more than fitting. I still get teary eyed to this day when that song is played.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 27, 2013 12:49:27 PM PST
readtoomuch says:
I agree! LotR was simply amazing in their casting. Viggo never looked so freaking hot as he did playing Aragorn. Orlando Bloom as Legolas was A-MA-Zing. Karl Urban as Eomer! Gah - that man would make the perfect Viking!! I could go on and on.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Romance forum
Participants:  93
Total posts:  7025
Initial post:  Jan 26, 2013
Latest post:  8 days ago

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 38 customers

Search Customer Discussions