Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro
Customer Discussions > Romance forum

"Hero is Crazy in Love and Crazy Jealous/Possessive 2"

This discussion has reached the maximum length permitted, and cannot accept new replies. Start a new discussion

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 126-150 of 1000 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on May 13, 2012 4:50:57 PM PDT
1ladydevil says:
C. Hix- read Utter Domination by Celeste Anwar. You won't regret it. I have Preservation but have not read it yet. Why did you not like it? Does it not have a possessive/jealous H?

In reply to an earlier post on May 13, 2012 4:59:33 PM PDT
MellissaB regarding Lora Leigh Forbidden Pleasures: Does this recommendation fit this tread? Is the H really jealous or possessive since it is fantasy to share his h (wife, I think) with another man and he does it?

In reply to an earlier post on May 13, 2012 5:02:33 PM PDT
MelissaB: regarding my response to your recommendation Forbidden Pleasures - sorry, I just read C. Hix post and realized you were responding to her a opposed to the theme of the thread.

In reply to an earlier post on May 13, 2012 5:24:23 PM PDT
MelissaB says:
JustIrishgirl,

Yep, it fits what she wanted - alpha men, hot, ménage

I would say the main hero of it was possessive and wouldn't have wanted any man but his friend to touch the h - but I wouldn't have normally recommended it in this thread because he isn't "crazy" about it

Posted on May 13, 2012 6:14:31 PM PDT
C. Hix says:
Thanks to all the recs...I have read all the Rough Riders in the series so far and Masters of the Mountain. Want to read Forbidden Pleasures but seem to only see it in paperback, am I not looking in the right place.

1ladydevil- in regards to Preservation, I just could not get into the relationship..didn't feel the possesiveness. And the sex was not hot enough. But that is just my opinion.

Posted on May 13, 2012 7:34:57 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on May 14, 2012 7:32:04 PM PDT]

Posted on May 13, 2012 8:04:42 PM PDT
Lulu123 says:
Just wanted to let you guys know that Sherry's Wolf (After the Crash) by Maddy Barone is FREE right now. I think her first book Sleeping With The Wolf was rec'd on the original jealous hero forum and I really liked it. I'm not sure about her new book, looks a little short, but hey, at least it's free. :)

Posted on May 13, 2012 8:30:10 PM PDT
D. Arnold says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on May 13, 2012 9:29:33 PM PDT
D. Politis says:
@romancegal and D. Arnold: We are trying to keep this thread ONLY for book recommendations. If anyone would like to loan a book or receive a book loan, please use the Loan Me...Thread here: http://www.amazon.com/forum/romance/ref=cm_cd_tfp_ef_tft_tp?_encoding=UTF8&cdForum=FxM42D5QN2YZ1D&cdThread=Tx3EDCXOR8YEYMA

Posted on May 13, 2012 10:44:46 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 13, 2012 10:45:27 PM PDT
B. Lim says:
Found I just start reading this book so far he very possessive of her. I'm still in chapter one going on chapter 2.

In reply to an earlier post on May 14, 2012 1:51:27 AM PDT
I liked Utter Domination (Project Nemesis) as well. It sounded like a series (Project Nemesis), but haven't seen any more. Sigh... Time for a re-read.

Posted on May 14, 2012 6:44:30 AM PDT
D. Arnold says:
I keep telling posters to use the Loan Thread, and by the time I get request and tell them to find me on there the same amount of space is used. Any suggestions?

Posted on May 14, 2012 7:18:07 AM PDT
Kris says:
Hey Kelster, I think it was you and I who were discussing City of Lost Souls (The Mortal Instruments) I read it and loved it and she did clean up the Dirty Sexy Club Scene for the book however, I'm not sure how old your son is and you did mention that he reads the series. Just wanted to give you a heads up on a SPOILER***************SPOILER*******************SPOILER*******************SPOILER**********************

MAJOR SPOILER*************** There is an attempted rape scene where Clary's evil brother forces himself on her, he tries to kiss her, she bites him and then he attempts to rape her. She is able to fight him off and the scene is not graphic, but I just thought I would warn you before your son reads it.

In reply to an earlier post on May 14, 2012 7:22:13 AM PDT
HJ Leonard says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on May 14, 2012 7:29:51 AM PDT
HJ Leonard says:
Kris, is this book primarily from Clary's POV or is it still mainly Simon's? I couldn't finish the last book due to that.

In reply to an earlier post on May 14, 2012 7:45:21 AM PDT
kelster says:
Thanks Kris. He has it on order now. He is 14 and I think he is mature enough to handle most situations; he watches enough tv shows to get his fill of violence and sex but I am glad you told me so I can discuss this with him as well. I am glad you liked it. I'll tell him.

In reply to an earlier post on May 14, 2012 7:54:12 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 14, 2012 7:57:13 AM PDT
Kris says:
City of Lost Souls is written in the Third person narrative form. Clare is writing about every character and their relationships in this book (Simon, Simon and Clary, Simon and Isabelle, Maia and Jordan, Alec and Magnus, Clary and Sebastian, Clary and Jace, Jocelyn and Luke, etc.) The majority of the story centers around Jace and everyone doing their part to bring him back and to find a way to sever the bond he has with Sebastian so they can kill Sebastian without hurting Jace. This book is very heavy on Jace and Clary's romance and the romance of other characters. There is still a lot of action in this book. Although Simon is in it, the story is not as focased on Simon and how he is getting on as a vampire as it was in City of Fallen Angels. Anyway, I loved it and gave it 5 stars, but the reviews are a mixed bag so you may want to check out the reviews.

Posted on May 14, 2012 8:05:05 AM PDT
Ann says:
Kris - THANKS! I've been putting this one off because I didn't like the last bk being about "Simon". I want the focus to get back to Jace/Clary. Sounds good this time around.

In reply to an earlier post on May 14, 2012 8:13:33 AM PDT
Kris says:
Actually, in CoFA, the only thing I liked about that book was Simon. He sort of grew on me. I did not like the direction Clare took with Jace in CoFA and I was disappointed when I read it. In my opinion, she more than makes up for it with CoLS. I really enjoyed the book and loved that there was more romance and more story for the side characters as well. I was loving the Jace/Clary romance in this book. I even enjoyed Clary's interaction with her brother and hoped that they would sort of develop a brother/sister bond, but that went to hell; dude is seriously evil and not right in the head.

Posted on May 14, 2012 8:55:33 AM PDT
Ann says:
Figures - since daddy Valentine is gone, we have to have a baddie. He is gone, right? Or is he a character like on Vampire Diaries where no one ever really dies? I just missed J/C being the focus in CoFA and then was upset that at the end, once again, something else to tear them apart. Can't this couple ever get a break!

In reply to an earlier post on May 14, 2012 9:06:08 AM PDT
Kris says:
You will be happy to know there is no cliffhanger this time and Valentine is really gone unless she plans to pull him out of her hat in the last book of the series.

Posted on May 14, 2012 11:57:23 AM PDT
cruisegirl says:
Ok I am following Shelley Bradley/Shayla Black. I love her contemporary romance stories, however I have never read her Doomsday Bretheren series. However the novel she is currently writing features the story of Anka, Luc, and Shock. Now I don't know the order that these go in because I can't find a website that lists it, but I am just interested in this story and I have asked this question before on this forum but nobody answered. Has anyone read these books and can I just read this one she is working on now "Embrace me at Dawn" or will I be totally lost? Is there anywhere that I can read a synopsis of all these books to catch me up if I just choose to read this one. The other ones just didn't grab my attention for some reason like this one does. Someone made a youtube video on this book and since then I have always wanted to read it. Any advice or bringing me up to date on these books would be helpful. The charachters in this book seem to definately fit this thread.

In reply to an earlier post on May 14, 2012 12:02:04 PM PDT
HJ Leonard says:
I've only read the first 1 or 2 Doomsday Brethren books, but I believe that they should be read in order. Tempt Me with Darkness is the 1st book.

Posted on May 14, 2012 12:23:47 PM PDT
T.Petty says:
Christine Feehan's Dark Series fits here. I've read two so far Dark Prince: Author's Cut Special Edition (Dark Series) and Dark Fire(there are about 20 bks in series) . Currently reading Dark Desire (Dark Series) right now, all these books have possessive/crazy jealous Carpathian hero.

Just an FYI I found a little gem The Big Bad Wolf Romance Compilation (Bundle: Books 1-4). All stories involve a possessive(MINE) werewolf hero that has to convince heroine(their dormant) they belong together.

In reply to an earlier post on May 14, 2012 2:25:49 PM PDT
A. Cole says:
Seriously enjoy this (Pound of Flesh) way more than another Twilight Fanfic that is currently spreading throughout the world.
Discussion locked

Recent discussions in the Romance forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Announcement
Read fresh new romance stories - and tell the writers which parts you love!
25 May 2, 2016
Announcement
Amazon Discussions Feedback Forum
160 8 days ago
Possessive hero claims the heroine as his, while making love 273 1 minute ago
Dear Book Buying Confessional (and other topics) part 2 840 13 minutes ago
Hilarious Mistakes in Publishsed books (self pubbed or otherwise) thread 2 77 51 minutes ago
World of Romance. . . Rants & Raves. . . Thread #5 4971 54 minutes ago
Can anyone help me find this book? 10 1 hour ago
Books where h runs away from H because he's mean or inflexible... 0 1 hour ago
Alpha H falls in love with Single Mom 4 1 hour ago
Free Today Third Edition 3321 1 hour ago
Looking for books with H or h as a translator... aliens, sign language, anything 15 2 hours ago
Need help with a book title, please 19 2 hours ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Romance forum
Participants:  447
Total posts:  10000
Initial post:  May 7, 2012
Latest post:  Apr 30, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 127 customers

Search Customer Discussions