Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors
Customer Discussions > Romance forum

Dear book buying confessional........

This discussion has reached the maximum length permitted, and cannot accept new replies. Start a new discussion

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1551-1575 of 1000 posts in this discussion
Posted on Dec 15, 2012 9:08:20 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 15, 2012 9:10:57 AM PST
Noelle says:
@Crystal- I dont know what I would do if I had ever gotten that call saying that there was or had been an armed man at my child's school, I know it would have scared the crap out of me though. I have always ( well maybe not always but at least as long as 'school shootings' have been happening) that there should be armed guards of some sort that are trained to keep our children safe.

@ any who may be offended by our discussion involving guns-***small disclaimer*** I know many people have very different opinions about guns and gun control and I completely agree with the notion that everyone is entitled to
their own opinion. I don't want to use this tragedy as a platform to get into anything political.

The book looks like it may be pretty funny and it's a freebee =)

Posted on Dec 15, 2012 3:43:41 PM PST
Tina says:
Holly-- lol, I went to that high school. My niece and nephew were there when it happened. Small world.

Posted on Dec 15, 2012 3:45:52 PM PST
Tina says:
@noelle- I agree with you. This is not a platform for people's views on guns.

Posted on Jan 2, 2013 7:26:09 AM PST
neon moon says:
dear bbc:
this is a confession and a pledge to do better all at the same time.
over the last few days, i have 1-clicked so many books that i can't even remember them all. i have also bought several dtb. i feel guilty, and have decided on my penance. i will not 1-click anything for at least 2 months. if something other than what i have already pre-ordered, which i refuse to cancel, shows up on my credit card bill, i might take away my credit cards.
i know that one can never have too many books, bbc, but it's getting a little bit ridiculous, and i want to be able to say that i can finish reading my tbr piles within the next 5 years, especially if i only read 360 books a year. hopefully, if all goes well, you will not hear from me for the next couple of months. and, if i do stray, that i will have the fortitude to confess all.

Posted on Jan 2, 2013 8:29:41 AM PST
Noelle says:
I wish you luck bep! lol

I too have several things to confess. I have been having to much quality time with my one click button too. My problem is that I use the samples as if I already own the book. I see a rec and if it sounds interesting I download the sample. Then when I go to chose another book to read, I see all of these samples and think " so what do I want to read next" as if I'm looking in one of my book cases and can just grab what ever book looks good. And that's another thing, I haven't read one of my dtb in I don't know how long. I have soo many unread dtb, that I could read a book a day and not have to buy another book for about a year and a half.But what do I do......I look at all of the samples in my Fire and buy more books. So this year I hope to do better and read more of the books that I already own and TRY to reduce my mountain of a tbr. We'll see how well I do when I finish the book I'm reading now. lol

Posted on Jan 2, 2013 12:24:46 PM PST
Tina says:
Here's the good news....you 2 are ready for an ice age. I don't see a problem here.

Posted on Jan 2, 2013 12:26:29 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 2, 2013 12:27:28 PM PST
a reader says:
I have resolved to not buy so many books and pay down my cc.

to this end I am resolving to enter as many giveaways on blogsand web sites as possible
Some of my favorites are:
www.writerspace.com
www.likesbooks.com book blog (they are giving The Story of Us by Sarah Mayberry tomorrow scroll down on the blog a little) Season Blog and Smart Bitches are two more blogs that give away books and so does Plotmomkeys on Fridays--gift cards.

Posted on Jan 2, 2013 2:33:45 PM PST
Tina says:
Funny ap2010. I am very curious on how that is going to work out for you. Can you keep me posted?

Posted on Jan 2, 2013 2:42:53 PM PST
a reader says:
I've won a few things but I really need to pay off my cc and I have so many unread books in my TBR pile. I enter the goodreads giveaways and also check out the Jaunty Quills every day too.

Posted on Jan 2, 2013 2:56:29 PM PST
Rita Reader says:
Dear Book buying confessional, I have just bought two books for my kindle that I already had in print form! Been buying books like there is literally no tomorrow! I got three sets of the older Jennifer Blake books because there were some definite keepers and the price was so good. Mat, that is a problem. Strange how he doesn't mind the clothes and cosmetics. My husband would! Ha! I am so thankful my husband is a reader too. He never lectures me about my books. His bookcases are full too.

Posted on Jan 2, 2013 4:37:48 PM PST
Tina says:
I have been buying the Jennifer Blake books on my kindle too. She also released a lot of her books in audio form. i am so thrilled to get Royal Passion on audio plus in ebook form.I have been trying to get all of my favorite authors on my kindle and get rid of the paperbacks. My husband is a non-reader so he doesn't understand rereading of books.
When Johanna Lindsey released all of her books in ebook form I spent $150 that day. And her kindle prices were cheap.
I love love love my kindle. I am pro-kindle and proud of it!

Posted on Jan 2, 2013 4:49:23 PM PST
booknuts says:
My name is booknuts, and I am an addict! Even my BFF tells me to "step away from the bookshelves" when we go shopping! Of course, the 4,000 books in my TBR pile might have just a tiny bit to do with that! And that is just the ebooks I've gotten in the last 2 years--DTB's present their own lure! I do have fewer than 500 DTB's, though, so I feel a lot better about that!

Posted on Jan 2, 2013 5:28:32 PM PST
Noelle says:
***off to download some samples of Jennifer Blake books**** oopps there goes the bid to do better! lol

Posted on Jan 2, 2013 7:57:37 PM PST
kestergayle says:
I've never read any Jennifer Blake novels. What genre does she write, and where should I start? Like I NEED more books!

Lately I've been reading gay romance/erotica, so now I have a stack of those clogging up my kindle and my nook. Turns out, gay billionaire cowboys can have secret babies, too. Who knew?

I recently found an app that actually helps you organize your books on the kindle device itself. Lots of book-related web sites have the ability to do that, but you have to import your library all over cyber-space to use them. This is on your kindle, and you don't even have to be online to use it. It's called "Collections for Kindle Fire" ( or kindle HD, Kindle tablet etc.) It costs $2.99. I thought some of the over-booked amongst us might find it handy.

Posted on Jan 2, 2013 8:30:17 PM PST
Tina says:
WARNING Will Robinson, Jennifer Blake is like Johanna Lindsey, a hit or miss author.
She has some of my favorite books out And then some of the most boring.
She writes romance. My favorite is royal passion. It can be a stand alone but it really follows royal seduction which I really liked. I found both to be page turners. Royal seduction has rape in it but she writes it in such an usual way. Just a warning because for some people that is a deal breaker.

I really need that kindle app. Thanks for sharing.
There must be something wrong with me because if I see the word billionaire in the title I am not interested at all in the book. I like the word cowboy and I really like hot cowboy.

Posted on Jan 3, 2013 3:56:31 AM PST
You know... you folks who've been BUYing Jennifer Blake's backlist on kindle, I've gotten most of them FREE by being very very patient.

Dear book buying confessional, December turned out to be a crummy month - new release-wise (at least for me) so the last book i bought (maybe the only book) was a HI anthology with Julie Miller. Too bad I didn't have the time to read much last month, I might have made inroads on my TBR mountain.

Posted on Jan 3, 2013 8:27:45 AM PST
Noelle says:
Unfortunately patience isn't one of my virtues, if I want something I want it NOW. lmao Which is probably why I have so many unread books, I buy them faster than I can read them. =)
I hope you have more time for reading this month Crystal, I think for myself I wont have much time with having to get taxes done =/

Posted on Jan 3, 2013 11:32:18 AM PST
Heh, I plan to. Have no plans on doing much of anything (other than finishing up Halo 4 and taking the tree down) this month.

Not many coveted new releases for January too, so maaayyyybe....

Posted on Jan 3, 2013 12:19:21 PM PST
Tina says:
Me too noelle. For that reason I always dread jan. every each i say I will do better but I never do. Now if I can get rid of this blasted flu I could get something done. I feel so bad that I am just rereading old favorites. They are such a comfort. And since I have them on my kindle now I didn't have to move to get a different book.

I got several of my Jennifer Blake's for .99. But I have been getting them on audio too so no comment on the price. The good thing about audible is you have a year to return a book if you don't like it.

Posted on Jan 3, 2013 1:47:39 PM PST
Noelle says:
We own a daycare so we have to comb through all of our receipts to make sure we get all of our deductions. Well for the past 5 years or so, I've paid all of the bills, balanced the checkbook and took care of all the taxes by myself. I tell my husband it's because he works so hard as it is that I hate for him to spend any of his extra time on all of that stuff and so I do it myself. The REAL reason is so that he doesn't know how much I spend on books! lol So January is full of work for me.

Posted on Jan 3, 2013 2:31:43 PM PST
Tina says:
LMAO. The secret is out. So funny. I use amazon gift cards to hide my kindle addiction. I think this is a sign of addiction is when you hide the amount you are spending. Unfortunately I spend a few hundred a month on audible. They need gift cards because I have to stop spending where he can see it. I use an amazon cc and I don't get any points with audible-I hate that. Especially since I have to use my amazon sign AND the co. Is owned by amazon. I think that bugs me the most.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 3, 2013 3:32:36 PM PST
[Deleted by the author on Jan 3, 2013 3:36:25 PM PST]

Posted on Jan 3, 2013 5:32:39 PM PST
Rita Reader says:
Thank you ladies. After reading about your addiction I feel right at home. I have a love for books to the point that it is an obsession. About Jennifer Blake, I feel Tina is right, I absolutely adore some of her books, and others not so much. My two favorites are "Fierce Eden" and "Royal Seduction" and one more that I can't remember the title, but the hero is a blockade runner and at one point he hides her pantaloons and she has to go to the opera without them, and it makes him crazy imagining it. Any help guys? What was the title of that one?

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 3, 2013 7:04:21 PM PST
Tina says:
Rita-I haven't read the blockade runner one so I can't help you there. I got into JB before I really started using amazon. So it was a hit or miss on her books and I could never find them all so I moved on. Now that she has released her books in ebook form I am starting to get them all. So I may come across it but it will be a while. I am listening to royal passions right now and then I am going to listen to royal seduction again.
What do you think about what I said in their being rape? It is but she could prevent it if she wanted by telling Rolfe what he wants to know. How would you describe it? Cuz for some people it's a deal breaker. When I read I enter fantasy land. Nothing is real except I am the most beautiful girl in the world and 19 again.lol. Hey it's my fantasy world. Oh yeah, Rodrick is always there with me (from royal passions) or Brodrick (ransom).
The way JB phrases thing in Royal Seducation did it at times make you scratch your head? I have a list of 14 words with their meaning for R. Passions. Who says self-immolation? Just say self sacrifice. So I can honestly say it improved my vocabulary. Felt kind of stupid but now i am over it. Now with a kindle it looks up the words for me love it.
Have you looked on amazon? I think most of her books are on her now.
Now you have me wanting to read that blasted book. I am off to hunt on amazon

Posted on Jan 3, 2013 7:07:48 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 3, 2013 7:13:06 PM PST
Tina says:
On amazon Jennifer Blake has box set of like for 4 per set for 2.99 a set
I just bought the Louisiana plantation collection for .99
Discussion locked

Recent discussions in the Romance forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Announcement
Read fresh new romance stories - and tell the writers which parts you love!
25 May 2, 2016
Announcement
Amazon Discussions Feedback Forum
152 Feb 5, 2016
Hero is Crazy in Love and Crazy Jealous/Possessive 6 1416 56 minutes ago
The 2nd Bargain Kindle romance books that are also GOOD ... please, no promos in this thread 4916 1 hour ago
Free Today Third Edition 2957 2 hours ago
Loan Me Thread V. 7 1724 2 hours ago
Dear Book Buying Confessional (and other topics) part 2 464 4 hours ago
Sugar daddy turns to more 22 4 hours ago
Lioness shifter 1 5 hours ago
*** Coffee Shop - Let's Chat About Life And Our Books, Both Current And Planning To Read, All In The Name Of Living HEA *** 8625 5 hours ago
World of Romance. . . Rants & Raves. . . Thread #5 3973 5 hours ago
Hero has a young child he is the prime caregiver for 0 5 hours ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Romance forum
Participants:  218
Total posts:  10000
Initial post:  Aug 9, 2011
Latest post:  May 21, 2016

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 24 customers

Search Customer Discussions