Customer Discussions > Romance forum

Dear book buying confessional........

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 151-175 of 1000 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Aug 13, 2011 11:28:25 AM PDT
Cali Mom says:
Hi Aussie Girl,
I just joined Goodreads.com (can't believe I didn't know about this before!) and I would love to be your friend - I will look for you there. :)

Posted on Aug 13, 2011 12:49:02 PM PDT
Noelle says:
@ Lisa F- Great idea! I would love to be a costumer too......I would get to keep the books right??? LOL I have NetFlix streaming too but sometimes the movies just disapear. =(
@ Enders- You have a great hubbie and he's got to be a keeper.lol Mine is pretty understanding and suportive of my addiction too, it was just the 600.00 cc bill ( I got a little carried away) that had him choking. lol
@booknuts- that's an empressive number of books! I've only been reading for a few years and maybe someday I will catch up to you. Right now I have 1261 books here in the house and out of that 446 is my tbr pile. I'm over at goodreads too and it's a really good way to keep count of all of the books. =)
@ Diane Bernard- Exactly!! I take my Kindle and what ever dtb that I might be reading at the time for the same reason. I stay much calmer if I'm made to wait for some reason if I have my book with me. =)
@Aussie Girl- My oldest daughter (I have 3 girls) has already moved out and her room is now the "gym". She was pretty upset that we didn't just leave it as her room, she refuses to call it anything other than her room. Now a small stack of her clothes has turned up in there wich she never remembers to take home with her when she leaves.lol So we have the 'gym' now and when my middle daughter moves out her room will be my library. Our guest room will come last when my youngest moves out. =)
@kari- lol, wich did it become....guest room or book room???

I'm Noelle (my first name) over at goodreads too. My avitar is my wine glass/red wine over looking the ocean in Maui , so if anyone wants to send a friend request I'll friend you. =)

Posted on Aug 13, 2011 12:55:07 PM PDT
I just joined Goodreads but it's exhausting to load up the books on my shelves. I've only done 250 and have at least 1,750 to go. I started by writing reviews, but saw that if I reviewed every one, it will take me years, so I just started loading books by author.

I found something odd, though. I've seen at least two books that don't exist. One was planned but never published (and I double-checked Amazon on this) and the other is a tentative title for a book that isn't due out until next year.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 13, 2011 4:42:29 PM PDT
booknuts says:
noelle, i would like to send a friend request to you but i didn't see the wine glass overlooking the ocean. there were about a beejillion noelle's and only 2 had pictures/avatars, and those 2 didn't look, to me anyway, like a glass of wine, unless you were the girl looking into the ocean and i just didn't see the wine glass!

if anyone i've been visiting with here on these amazon discussion groups would like to friend me, i am diane booknuts. always willing to talk about buying books and categorizing books and reading books and....

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 13, 2011 5:11:43 PM PDT
This is my problem with Goodreads. I have an account, but I get so frustrated trying to remember if I've read a book without being able to look inside it. I suppose I'm sort of at average levels compared to readers here, but I've read more than 6,000 books and remembering the ones from 10-20 years ago is impossible!

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 13, 2011 5:22:56 PM PDT
books that are due to be released/ or discussed are added ahead of time on a regular basis....its a bit of a source of fustration - especially when you see 1 star or 5 reviews for these books that aren't even written yet

Posted on Aug 13, 2011 5:25:45 PM PDT
Aussie Girl says:
Hi Hillary, There is no way I could go back and post all the books I've read over the years at Goodreads, it also would be thousands. So I've just started from now. I just don't have the time or inclination to do it. I love peeking at what everyone else is reading though, reading the discussions and getting even more reccs.

Posted on Aug 13, 2011 5:26:59 PM PDT
i would do previous books in batches...because I could never remember - but when someone mentioned an author and i knew I had read...I would go to their book list and mark as read the ones I remembered

Posted on Aug 13, 2011 5:52:58 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Aug 13, 2011 6:03:59 PM PDT
Aussie Girl says:
thanks to all my new Goodreads friends!!! I'm also having trouble finding you Noelle and Cali (Are you the Cali from Toronto???) Its lots of fun, isn't it talking books all around the globe.

PS. Deanna and Hillary, trying to find you too>

Posted on Aug 13, 2011 7:09:46 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Aug 23, 2011 5:22:14 AM PDT]

Posted on Aug 13, 2011 7:43:45 PM PDT
i'm dee over there from Waldorf, MD and my avatar is a swimming pool with Deep end written on it and then bat**** crazy people underneath (its an edited motivational poster)

Posted on Aug 13, 2011 7:50:28 PM PDT
here is my profile - http://www.goodreads.com/user/show/2177726-dee (apologies if there are any double posts - I could have sworn I posted this an it isn't showing) - I have Noelle as well as most of the others here as friends (I think)

Posted on Aug 13, 2011 9:59:14 PM PDT
Aussie Girl says:
Thanks Deanna, Diane and Diane....still looking for Hillary (and Cali). Seriously, I think I am spending more times on these forums than reading lately....

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 13, 2011 10:37:22 PM PDT
booknuts says:
aussie girl, thanks. and i'm spending a ton of time of my computer as well; i need to start reading more to meet my challenge of 500 books on goodreads for this year

Posted on Aug 14, 2011 1:21:57 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Aug 14, 2011 1:27:31 AM PDT
Aussie Girl says:
Wow, Booknuts/Diane, my hat goes off to you....500 books, I can only dream. My modest challenge is to reach 150 and I've just hit 102. I just finished Fallen from Grace, by Laura Leone which was really good. I've only just started reading contemporaries and enjoyed a lot of the books recommended here.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 14, 2011 7:49:04 AM PDT
I think I have to let go of my past and maybe just add them as I see them from other people...and not beat myself up about it! :) Now I have to remember my login...Suppose I'll be looking for some of you later :)

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 14, 2011 8:00:45 AM PDT
Apparently I had my websites mixed up...must have been shelfari or something because when I went to check neither of my emails were listed. And they're one of a kind, so it's hard to miss. I now have an account as Hillary S. if that doesn't work, I'll see about putting an email in my profile here.

Posted on Aug 14, 2011 8:03:53 AM PDT
Dee, adding a link was a good idea...here's mine :) http://www.goodreads.com/user/show/6035980-hillary-s

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 14, 2011 9:50:15 AM PDT
Cali Mom says:
Aussie Girl,
Oh so sorry - no, I'm Pam from California :)

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 14, 2011 11:24:09 AM PDT
Noelle says:
Ok, I can see the confusion. I tried to "find" myself over at goodreads and I'm completely lost.lol I just sent you a friend request booknuts. I am friends with Deanna L. Fisher, Aussie Girl and now Diane Bernard from this thread so some of you (if your friends with these guys) can look me up from their friends page.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 14, 2011 11:24:57 AM PDT
Hey Noelle - I sent you a friend request as I never got yours - did you get it?!

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 14, 2011 11:36:10 AM PDT
Noelle says:
I friended a Booklover from Indianapolis....is that you?? lol

Posted on Aug 14, 2011 11:44:07 AM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Aug 23, 2011 5:22:33 AM PDT]

Posted on Aug 14, 2011 11:51:05 AM PDT
Noelle says:
There is another way to find people over at goodreads, just go to the groups that they have joined and look for their names there. I'm on Bodice ripper anonymous, Dangerous Hero Support Group, Historical Romance, Romance Forum Refugees...ext. There you should be able to see my avitar and name, just click on it and then add.

Posted on Aug 14, 2011 6:47:53 PM PDT
Aussie Girl says:
Boy is it tricky finding people at Goodreads. Thanks, Hillary I found you...I see you like Linda Howard. I have Death Angel on my TBR as I have now branched out to Contemporary.
Cali Mom (Pam) still looking ...there is quite a lot of Pams in California, Ha HA.

I think I have another one for Dear Book Buying confessional.....I am addicted to adding people at Goodreads.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Romance forum
Participants:  202
Total posts:  6168
Initial post:  Aug 9, 2011
Latest post:  31 minutes ago

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 20 customers

Search Customer Discussions