Customer Discussions > Romance forum

Worst Betrayl Ever!!!

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 176-200 of 1000 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Jul 9, 2010 9:44:19 AM PDT
Vanessa says:
I skimmed that book! Did they then try to rape the h?

Posted on Jul 9, 2010 9:48:54 AM PDT
Yes, it was bad. But the rest of book is much better. Paybacks are great.

Posted on Jul 9, 2010 12:58:26 PM PDT
Sassy- uhhhh what?????

Posted on Jul 9, 2010 2:40:02 PM PDT
molly o says:
thanks raging passion by amanda carpenter was one of da first books i ever read, my mother was allways reading and when i had my first son i got this book from my mother and it allways stuck with me thanks again

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 9, 2010 2:55:34 PM PDT
Dee says:
I think that was Paradise. Love her books.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 6, 2011 7:20:59 PM PDT
Thank you for that. This book was so bad that I stopped reading it after the "lousy lay" part. Just awful!!!

Posted on Sep 6, 2011 7:38:46 PM PDT
damatam says:
Just discovered this thread and it reminded me of some inner rage that I felt when reading books like this!

In regards to Linda Howard, I love her stories, but some of her heroes have made me so mad! I was upset that Marnie forgave Dane in Dream Man. He endangered her life and he was sorry so it was okay?!

In regards to Charlaine Harris, I didn't like that she made Bill into such a jerk. First, he cheats with Lorena, then Sook finds out that he was sent to seduce her. The first was enough of a betrayal!

I quit reading Kat Martin after the 2 "Angel" books because both Hs were such jerks.

Posted on Sep 6, 2011 8:22:45 PM PDT
Tanya says:
Dream Lover by Virginia Henley can be added to the list and automatically springs to mind.

Families are sworn enemies (although can't remember why) so H kidnaps h from Family and forces her to live as man and wife and then, when she gets pregnant delivers her back to her "loving family." I had a hard time with that.

Posted on Sep 9, 2011 3:22:15 AM PDT
TrishaLouise says:
Take This Regret by Amy Lichtenhan (This was a good book )

***Soilers**
There are some mistakes we make that we will regret for the rest of our lives. For Christian, it was the day he betrayed Elizabeth.

Christian Davison has a plan for his life. He is determined to become an attorney and to one day take his place as partner in his father's law firm. Nothing will stand in his way, not even Elizabeth Ayers and their unborn child.

After Christian cuts her from his life, Elizabeth spends the next five years struggling to provide for her daughter and willing to sacrifice anything to give her child a safe, comfortable life.

For five years, Christian has regretted the day he walked away from his family and will do anything to win them back just as Elizabeth will do anything to protect her daughter from the certain heartache she believes Christian will bring upon them.

When Christian wrestles his way into their lives, Elizabeth is faced with asking herself if it is possible to forgive someone when they've committed the unforgivable and if it is possible to find a love after it has been buried in years of hate. Or are there some wounds that go so deep they can never heal?

They say everyone deserves a second chance

Posted on Sep 9, 2011 3:31:18 AM PDT
"A Game of Chance" by Linda Howard - the hero is an undercover op whose mission is to find a terrorist. He places the heroine in a situation where she believes she is likely to die, deliberately seduces her to make her sexually dependent on him and sets her up as bait for her father even though he learns that she's terrified of the man and has spent her life running from him. It's one betrayal after another.

Posted on Sep 9, 2011 5:13:16 AM PDT
MyCat says:
TrishaLousie,

I just have to ask - was the betrayal in terms of cheating (physical/emotional) or he just walked away?

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 9, 2011 12:00:30 PM PDT
Hero dumps heroine to marry boss's daughter. This sounds very similar to Long Journey Back by Robyn Donald. Don't recall exactly the relationship of H/h, but she was devastated. The series is concluded in Love's Reward, that heroine being the boss's daughter.

Posted on Sep 9, 2011 2:28:34 PM PDT
TrishaLouise says:
MyCat: He just walks away.... No cheating involved and his leaving her has been eating him alive. It is a very touching book and the author does a good job of endearing the hero to you despite his bone head decision.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 9, 2011 3:53:49 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Sep 9, 2011 4:34:14 PM PDT]

Posted on Sep 9, 2011 4:13:19 PM PDT
TrishaLouise says:
No, it wasn't Bellabella

It's loanable on kindle if someone wants to read it. Just let me know

Posted on Sep 9, 2011 4:23:53 PM PDT
Reader says:
I downloaded it, TrishaLouise. This one sounds really good. It is getting bumped up on my to be read pile.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 9, 2011 4:35:56 PM PDT
BellaBella says:
TrishaLouise, I'd love to borrow it. Maybe we could do an exchange.

Posted on Sep 9, 2011 5:33:05 PM PDT
TrishaLouise says:
Bellabella: email me: trishalouise@hotmail.com

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 9, 2011 6:04:50 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 9, 2011 6:06:09 PM PDT
TX Reader says:
Hey TrishaLouise, I downloaded Take This Regret this afternoon after reading your posts and am so glad that I did! I'm half way done and really really enjoying it. Have you read her other book, Pulled?

Posted on Sep 9, 2011 6:54:28 PM PDT
TrishaLouise says:
TX reader: No but I added it to my TBR pile.

I just started reading Thoughtless by S.C Stephens..... I found it for free on the net and so far so good

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 9, 2011 7:12:55 PM PDT
I have friends who have never reread Dream Man because of what Dane did. Me? I loved his reaction in the end, and his meltdown when he thought he'd killed her with his stupidity. To me, his reaction made up for his earlier d*ckheadery.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 9, 2011 7:18:08 PM PDT
Navi, what about Linda Howard's Sarah's Child? Did you feel his early insistence that she get an abortion and then his refusal to have anything to do with their child was a betrayal? I know alot of people felt what he did was unforgivable too.

I'm starting to see an unforgivable thread running through Linda Howard's books. lol

Posted on Sep 9, 2011 7:19:41 PM PDT
A FAERIE FATED FOREVER The hero is engaged to the heroine and everyone insists she's plain because she doesn't show herself off as much as the other women around do, and he tries to make her so angry with him that she breaks the engagement.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 9, 2011 7:36:34 PM PDT
wondercat says:
I just started reading Take This Regret based on the reviews here. I'm only a tenth of the way thru with it and all I can say is Wow! I'm going to need some extra tissues aren't I? I normally don't spend $9.99 on a kindle download but I already know I'm not going to regret this one. Thanks for the rec!

Posted on Sep 9, 2011 7:48:24 PM PDT
Reader says:
TrishaLouise:

I just started reading Take This Regreat and it is SOOO good. I love the h! I'm not in love with the H yet but I don't hate him either. ;)

THANK YOU!
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Romance forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Announcement
Amazon Discussions Feedback Forum
105 Jun 10, 2014
Looking for Tarzan/Caveman/Wild-man books 12 2 minutes ago
Hero is Crazy in Love and Crazy Jealous/Possessive 5 555 20 minutes ago
Harlequin Presents - Let's start at the beginning... a very good place to start - Number... 1831 25 minutes ago
Silhouette Desire - To quote "Touch And Go" - Lets go straight to No.1 1414 26 minutes ago
Rommance stories of brothers in love with girl 12 30 minutes ago
Recommendations for Christmas week?!! Happy holidays :) 5 36 minutes ago
ISO: Stories where the H thinks the h got pregnant on purpose? 9 42 minutes ago
Need historical book title, please 1 1 hour ago
Let's hear it for the unloved blonde romance hero... 15 1 hour ago
books you think are wallbangers - warning spoiler alert 2279 1 hour ago
Free Today Second Edition 4134 1 hour ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Romance forum
Participants:  486
Total posts:  9891
Initial post:  Jan 30, 2010
Latest post:  11 days ago

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 98 customers

Search Customer Discussions