Safety Month Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors
Customer Discussions > Romance forum

Fanfiction

This discussion has reached the maximum length permitted, and cannot accept new replies. Start a new discussion

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 176-200 of 1000 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Feb 27, 2012 10:18:44 AM PST
Mercered says:
MBA: Holy Batman!!! I'm done! OMW! I need him to finish the sequel.

readtoomuch: sent it, enjoy!

Jeanne: Location 1079, 6% in. I couldn't wait until they met either.

Posted on Feb 27, 2012 10:32:55 AM PST
[Deleted by the author on Sep 28, 2012 7:09:59 AM PDT]

Posted on Feb 27, 2012 12:01:22 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 28, 2012 10:11:33 AM PST
Carrie says:
Okay... you guys are killing me with curiosity.

Can someone send There Will Be Blood to me, too?

Posted on Feb 27, 2012 12:14:05 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 27, 2012 1:12:15 PM PST
Melanie says:
Me, too, please:
eta....thanks!!

Posted on Feb 27, 2012 12:23:59 PM PST
Beeg Panda says:
Mercered / MBAButterfly - ok, youve sold me, Im gonna read There Will be Blood - is the HEA good and solid cos now I hear theres a sequel, someone pls tell me theres no cliffhanger ending here?. I dont wanna be left hanging here. I havent even tried to download fanfic downloader LOL, i thought it couldnt be as easy as pie and really dont feel like trudging through a new application when I can be reading lmho. Ive been lucky in that Ive found most of the good completed fanfic in pdf, reccd here and elsewhere and have been downloading them like mad. (let me know if theres anything youre looking for, I can check my stock LOL) Now I just have to find the time to read them all. wish i didnt have to sleep - such a waster of perfectly good reading time...family asleep, fones not ringing etc

MBAButterfly - i SO know what you mean about being depressed abt what to read next!!! Thats how I felt after reading Water! thats why i just jumped onto Wide awake and Clipped - both of which i STILL cant finish....sigh.......Ive been reading other stuff in between....

Kate Barley - Im with you on this: "stories where hero is the stalker, slightly psycho, crazy in love, restraining-order-required type which I just love." - I love 'em too. People must be rolling their eyes at the likes of us......oh well...arent we lucky we get to read what we want hey

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 27, 2012 1:08:07 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 27, 2012 1:08:29 PM PST
Mercered says:
Beeg: The ending fits, it is HEA, but it leaves off where you want to see what else happens...I was satisfied but I'll let MBA give her opinion when she finishes. Sleep is overrate!!! I was thinking the same thing about trying to figure out the fanfic downloader...I could be reading!!! Lol...SO threatened to hide my ipad if I didnt start getting some sleep...said I was crankyyyy...

Melanie: sent it :)

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 27, 2012 1:13:19 PM PST
Beeg Panda says:
Mercered - ok lets hear what MBA says too. As long as its not another fifty book 1 - which i still havent read btw - anyway, do you think i should read The will be blood now, after not being able to finish clipped and wide awake? its too SAD for me right now - all that emotion - oh im not in the right space to read that right now. i like angst but sadness and unhappiness and being sick and mentally vulnerable is a bit outta my acceptance sphere right now

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 27, 2012 1:20:48 PM PST
Mercered says:
Beeg: hmmmm...it definitely has your possesive/jealous man to the 10th....i havent read clipped but you might need to cleanse your palate b4 you read twbb if you're unsure. There was a quarterback fanfic someone had recced that I really enjoyed...cannot believe you still haven't read Christian yet! I haven't read the 3d one yet either...lol. I'm nt ready for it to be done yet:(

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 27, 2012 2:59:10 PM PST
@Mercered

Here is the step your probably missing:

Go to the "Menu" tab
Click "Configuration"

Look for "Fanfiction output path"
Click on "..." below it

And depending where you want your fanfiction books saved, you make a new folder, for example, say I wanted mine saved on my desktop:

I would click "Desktop"
Click "Organize"
Click "New Folder"

Change the name "New Folder" to whatever I want it, I picked "Fanfiction"
After highlighting that new folder, click "Select Folder"

Then click "Save" on the Configuration window

@all

I'm glad you guys like There Will Be Blood!!!!!
I was shocked too, that the author was a guy o.O

I finished the sequel up to most recent update, I liked it, there is A LOT of action events, *hint* Edward becomes the MOB BOSS!! =]

Posted on Feb 27, 2012 3:13:28 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 27, 2012 3:14:50 PM PST
I ran across another twilight fanfiction =] it's SCI FI/ROMANCE!! called Written in the Stars by Lissa Bryan

Edward in this book IS SOOOOOOOO Adorable!
He purrs when he cuddles with her, he becomes ABSOLUTELY torn apart when... ***SPOILER*** ...he thinks she was killed.
Definitely possessive, he DOES NOT like it AT ALL if some guy touches her. =]

Synopsis form the author:

Edward is king of a dying race, his planet torn by civil war. Bella is abducted to become his bride. From college student to Queen... Can she learn to love this strange man and help save his people? AU/OOC. Rated M for lemons, violence and mature themes.

Warning:

1. He is personality is more like a cat, he has a tail, a different male anatomy ^.~
2. No cheating, he doesn't even look at OW
3. On my sony ereader it's about 750 pages

You can find on:

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/7502401/1/Written_in_the_Stars

Posted on Feb 27, 2012 5:02:37 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 27, 2012 5:08:08 PM PST
MBAButterfly says:
Thanks S.K. Han!

Ok I finished There Will Be Blood as well. Freaking LOVED it!

Beeg: the book does have an ending where everything is tied up. There isn't a cliff hanger, the sequel is just a continuation of the story of their lives. The author even said the sequel was a stand alone. Can't wait!!! I am also taking a break from Clipped Wings and Wide Awake, but I could not put down TWbB! I was totally hooked and when I wasn't reading, I was thinking about reading it, or what I just read.

********SPOILERS**********
I was a tinched miffed at Edward for leaving Bella in prison for 2 years, but I still love him. The fact that he waited on her and didn't even look at another woman for those 2 years was great. I feel so sorry for the family members that don't know Edward it still alive. If I was Esme, I would literally kill my husband, then my son for making me go through that. I am going to check out other stories by this author now. Anyone read anything else? We all need to write to him and threaten him with a hit order if he doesn't finish the sequel! lol

Posted on Feb 27, 2012 5:12:49 PM PST
I have read a couple of really good fan fiction turned published lately, First being Poughkeepsie (The Poughkeepsie Series Book 1) , and I actually didn't know until I was well into the book. But IMO, it's nothing like Twilight, and those are the best ones to me. This book made my shelf of very favorite books.

I also read another one Sempre (Forever) which again is nothing like twilight.

Posted on Feb 27, 2012 5:22:20 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 27, 2012 5:35:59 PM PST
Novelsta says:
Thanks MBA, i got it :)
but i think i'm gonna wait till the sequel is finished so i can read it together

Posted on Feb 27, 2012 5:33:25 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 27, 2012 5:35:53 PM PST
MBAButterfly says:
mehar_mia1: Sent!

R. Welborn: Can you give spoilers on Sempre? I saw in the description the h was a slave. Is this set during the 1800's?

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 27, 2012 6:23:08 PM PST
Carrie says:
Thank you S. Cook!

Posted on Feb 27, 2012 7:23:21 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 27, 2012 7:28:54 PM PST
Lisa says:
Robin had posted this in the Hero is Crazy thread:

RobinTadpole says:
Hey, long time lurker of this thread, thanks for all of the great recs. I am getting crazy with the fanfiction and I found one that seems to be made for this thread. It is called Fridays at Noon by troublefollows1017. I have not read that far into it yet, it's really long, but he is very jealous and possessive. He wants her to quit her job and live with him after only 6 weeks and he can't stand her talking to any other guy.

Like I said, I haven't read the whole thing. Hopefully it will continue being great.

Capri found the link:
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6453369/1/Fridays_at_Noon

Btw: It's also found in 4shared. It's 505 pages long!

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 27, 2012 7:32:18 PM PST
bookgrrl1976 says:
There are also outtakes and a follow up to Fridays at Noon on Fanfiction.net.

Posted on Feb 27, 2012 8:08:08 PM PST
MBAButterfly says:
Lisa, I checked out the link you posted for Fridays at Noon and it didn't say completed and it sounded like the author posted the chapters out of order. Is the version on 4shared in order and is the story completed?

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 27, 2012 8:20:35 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 27, 2012 8:34:29 PM PST
Lisa says:
MBA: I wouldn't know if it was completed...i have emailed you PDF. There are outtakes at the end.

On the last page of the fanfic site, the author wrote that she had hit complete at 30 weeks. Maybe there will be a sequel. It looks like the PDF I sent is the same as the doc from fanfic site, with outtakes slipped in between chapters. The chapters are listed and it didn't look out of order or am I missing something?

Posted on Feb 27, 2012 9:43:56 PM PST
Lisa says:
MBA: I understand now what you're saying about the chapter skipping....at ch 22...don't know...I am just the messenger. L

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 27, 2012 11:26:02 PM PST
Beeg Panda says:
MBAButterfly - SPOILERS *****************she goes to JAIL???? omw no man! why? and is she ok there - no crap going on? at what stage does she go in - like near the end?
ta for taking time to reply, MBAB

Mercered - yes i read that quarterback one! cute hey?

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 28, 2012 12:09:19 AM PST
I read that one, it was called
"Title: The University of Edward Masen

Category: Twilight

Character(s): Edward & Bella

Genre(s): Romance/Hurt/Comfort
Rating: Rated: M
Summary: Edward Masen is the selfish and brooding university professor; Bella
Swan is his shy, but determined graduate student. Appearances can be
deceiving. Have their paths crossed before? Rated M for good reason, all
human, canon pairings, AU, OOC, ExB"

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 28, 2012 2:18:50 AM PST
HJ Leonard says:
I actually have that now (The University of Edward Masen), and it looks to be even longer than Clipped Wings.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 28, 2012 2:23:35 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 28, 2012 2:23:45 AM PST
Kate Barley says:
Yikes - The University of Edward Masen is longer than Clipped Wings which was like the never ending story? I don't know if I can bear that many angst-filled pages again!

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 28, 2012 2:28:42 AM PST
HJ Leonard says:
I started it several times, and then set it down. Then I tried going further in to see if it held part 2, but it's hard to recognize it in comparison to Gabriel's Inferno. The beginning is almost identical, but there had to have been some massive rewrites before Gabriel's Inferno was published.
Discussion locked

Recent discussions in the Romance forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Announcement
Read fresh new romance stories - and tell the writers which parts you love!
25 May 2, 2016
Announcement
Amazon Discussions Feedback Forum
152 Feb 5, 2016
Dear Book Buying Confessional (and other topics) part 2 450 4 minutes ago
Harlequin Presents - Let's start at the beginning... a very good place to start - Number... 4141 17 minutes ago
Loan Me Thread V. 7 1714 26 minutes ago
World of Romance. . . Rants & Raves. . . Thread #5 3927 54 minutes ago
Silhouette Desire - To quote "Touch And Go" - Lets go straight to No.1 2541 1 hour ago
apocalyptic romance that is NOT young adult 63 1 hour ago
Hero is Crazy in Love and Crazy Jealous/Possessive 6 1365 1 hour ago
New release date for Highland Ever After: The Montgomerys and Armstrongs 8 1 hour ago
Need a good historical romance 366 2 hours ago
MOC but... 1 3 hours ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Romance forum
Participants:  272
Total posts:  10000
Initial post:  Feb 11, 2012
Latest post:  Jan 26, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 51 customers

Search Customer Discussions