Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Recess Monkey Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro
Customer Discussions > Romance forum

Fanfiction

This discussion has reached the maximum length permitted, and cannot accept new replies. Start a new discussion

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 201-225 of 1000 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Feb 28, 2012 2:33:37 AM PST
Did you ever get the Proposal? I´m looking for it, too. Oh, and i´m also looking for CW&IA, haven´t read it since it was up on FF.net and i´m longing for a re-read =)

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 28, 2012 2:46:30 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Mar 1, 2012 10:55:25 AM PST
I can rec http://storymaster.the-code-monkey.com/story-master-application/
As long as the fanfic still is up and alive you can download it via this site to your mail.
It´s got multiple FFsites and formats, too.

Posted on Feb 28, 2012 2:53:50 AM PST
Willread says:
I`ve been reading fanfiction for several years. Mainly in the Sookie Stackhouse department but noone can really avoid the Twific area because there are some pretty good fics there.

This is my absolute favorite Twific: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5463682/1/Hit_By_Destiny
Hit By Destiny is about Bella who has a tough time at home and is bullied at school. One day she wants to end it all and steps out in front of a car - a car that happens to belong to her bully number one, Edward Cullen. He also has problems and seeing the evolving friendship/love between these two misfits is amazing. It`s a slow burner but it grips you by the heart. I read it years ago and I still remember most of the details (and I don`t have a good memory at all).

Posted on Feb 28, 2012 2:56:19 AM PST
I´m looking for The Office, CW&IA and the Proposal, anyone who could help me?
Would love to get my hands on a copy, in any format. =) I´m always using http://convertfiles.com/ so i can read my Mobi. (fr_larsson at hotmail dot com)

Posted on Feb 28, 2012 3:04:01 AM PST
I can rec The Red Line, http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4819806/1/The_Red_Line
Edward is an exotic male dancer. Bella is a college student studying psychology and needs a subject to do her thesis on. Bella pays Edward to belong to her for 2 weeks so she can study him. Things soon get very interesting between them.
Twilight - Rated: M - English - Romance/Hurt/Comfort - Chapters: 40 - Words: 349,180 - Reviews: 18722 - Updated: 5-1-09 - Published: 1-26-09 - Edward & Bella
It´s sooo good and something you´ll never forget.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 28, 2012 3:06:56 AM PST
Willread says:
I just noticed you`re from Sweden. Hit by Destiny, the fanfic I recommended, was written by a Swede :-)

Posted on Feb 28, 2012 3:08:09 AM PST
Another Fanfic >> publ. book is Poughkeepsie, Poughkeepsie (The Poughkeepsie Brotherhood Series)
A great read.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 28, 2012 3:09:32 AM PST
I was planning to read that one (already downloaded it =) ) but this makes it even better. I´ve got to support my fellow Swedes LOL

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 28, 2012 3:16:11 AM PST
Willread says:
:-D

Well, it`s an amazing story. The weird thing is that the story is all the things I tend to avoid in fanfics because it`s about high schoolers, it`s angsty and it`s super-long. But something drew me to the story and I`ve never regretted reading it. I was amazed by how the writer avoided melodrama and she never went for the easy ways out. Edward was an amazing hero. He did not own a scrap of shining armor and had as many demons to deal with as Bella but yet he managed to be there for her. The ending was .... *thud*

All the bird names he called her (instead of Swan) were worth the story alone :-)

Posted on Feb 28, 2012 3:22:49 AM PST
Oh, angsty, teen agers and Twi? Wide Awake by angstgoddess003 .. Another Fanfic i loved.
And "The Workshop: A Tale of Edible Delights" by danieller123 *sigh* =) i´ve read too much, and loved most of it..
A WIP that i´d drop anything to read an update for? http://www.fanfiction.net/s/7772463/ Unbecoming by BookishQua

Posted on Feb 28, 2012 5:40:21 AM PST
MBAButterfly says:
Is the University of Edward Masen what Gabriels Inferno was originally?

Beeg Panda: *****SPOILERS****** Yes, it's at the end. Jacob Black arrests Bella to try to get to Edward and make her rat him out. She refuses and is eventually send to a place like Martha Stewart went to. Like a "Camp Cupcake" She is there for about 2 years.

I'm excited about all the recs.!

Linda Larsson: Is there cheating with the fanfic you recommended?

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 28, 2012 5:53:33 AM PST
Mercered says:
SK: Yeah!!! I knew someone would know!!! I played with it for 2 hours and those were 2 hours I could've been reading :)

BEEG: SPOILERS: ***************yes she goes away for 2 years I think. Jacob B. set her up to try to get to Edward. She goes to a minimun security so she's with others who have committed white collar crimes. She goes like at the end. **********end of spoilers

That was such a cute story. I think I'm going to start on her other book, the book..I think it's the Boy Who Crawled in the window.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 28, 2012 5:55:47 AM PST
Kate Barley says:
Well at least Jacob's the villian in this one -- I am tired of poor old James always being the bad guy!

Posted on Feb 28, 2012 7:12:28 AM PST
Jmv_17 says:
I am at 75% into There Will Be Blood. Has anyone read what is available of the sequel so far? Could I get the link to the sequel?

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 28, 2012 7:19:33 AM PST
Beeg Panda says:
HJ - Ive didnt read Gabriel's Inferno, for a reason...and for the life of me I cant recall what that reason was - it mustve been something big - maybe cheating or something - I suppose I could check out the other discussions abt it but if The University of Edward Masen is like GI do you think I should give it a try? So many people have good things to say about how GI like BD and Ive always felt that Ive missed out.

And plse can you explain the fanfic term : "canon pairings" in good ole plain english for me? ta

Im reading High School Confidential now - Edward is married and she has an affair with him.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 28, 2012 7:23:55 AM PST
Mercered says:
BEEG: Spill it, I need to know some spoilers for HIgh School Confidential. I'm reading Fridays at Noon.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 28, 2012 7:44:36 AM PST
Beeg Panda says:
omw - I opened Friday's yesterday but goodness that woman is so rude I just didnt feel like that kinda angsty just yet LOL. Im liking High school C so far - shes typical Bella but Ive just started so need to check out our dear Edward here before I can say how I feel abt it - hope its not a bummer

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 28, 2012 7:46:42 AM PST
HJ Leonard says:
Canon pairings - I believe it means that the fanfic is not a completely different take on the original, but that it continues on with the original story. Clipped Wings would NOT be a canon pairing because it really only uses names as its commonality with Twilight, same as 50 Shades/Master of the Universe, Poughkeepsie.

Best case in point I know for canon pairing would be that recent fanfic I read about Vishous and Butch in BDB. Same world, just changing the story up so that they ended up together instead of with female mates.

As far as Gabriel's Inferno...I'm sure I'm in the minority. I didn't really like it that much. And I reread it just to prove it to myself (I'm weird that way, sometimes). It was very pretentious and I kind of felt like the author's tone was very patronizing. I do not find it at all like BD. The only reason I'm trying to get through The University of Edward Masen is because I suspect that book 2 is hidden somewhere within its daunting size, lol!

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 28, 2012 7:50:37 AM PST
Willread says:
Actually MotU would be Canon pairing since it's the same pairings as in the books. But it isn't Canon since it's All Human :-)

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 28, 2012 7:59:34 AM PST
HJ Leonard says:
I think that's what I meant - the characters aren't portrayed in the same world as the original (type, etc, ie Vampires vs human). Right?

I guess it depends on which portion you refer to. If you refer to Bella and Edward always being together in the stories, that's canon. If you see Hermione with Snape or Draco, that's not canon.

Wow, too many interpretations, lol. I even looked it up in the dictionary to try to get it right.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 28, 2012 8:20:29 AM PST
Willread says:
It is rather confusing.

There`s a difference between Canon and Canon Pairing. If Bella still lived in that little village I can`t remember the name of, her father was a police officer, Edward was a vampire and and Jacob a wolf, but Bella ditched Edward when he left her in the forest and started dating Jacob and they were the pairing of the story then the story would be Canon but not Canon Pairing.
If Edward was human and they all lived in Los Angeles and Edward and Bella were married then it wouldn`t be Canon but it would be Canon Pairing. Especially if all the other couples were also paired up like in the books. I think among the Twific-fans it`s very important for all the couples to be paired as in the books. A lot of the stories are about all of them finding each other - the girls being friends and the guys being brothers, for instance.

Hermione with Draco could be Canon if the writer could fit it into the Canon story somehow, but it wouldn`t be Canon Pairings, of course :-) (who would be Canon Pairings in HP fanfic? I`ve never read any).

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 28, 2012 8:25:52 AM PST
HJ Leonard says:
Canon pairing in HP would be Harry and Ginny, Ron and Hermione.

I'm so happy that you spelled it out. It was a bit confusing. Thanks!

Posted on Feb 28, 2012 8:30:27 AM PST
Willread says:
Yeah, and all the abbreviations had me confused too. I still go "what are these OS people are talking about." I don`t have a brain for abbreviations. :-/

I usually read Sookie fanfic and almost all the stories there are Eric-Sookie so noone ever talks about "Canon Pairings". It`s a given :-)

Posted on Feb 28, 2012 9:35:11 AM PST
V Tice says:
If you can get your hands on the Fanfic Edward Wallbanger you will laugh your butts off. It's a slow burn, but with some amazing sexual chemistry and frustration. I'm not sure if it is still up on fanfiction or not, since I haven't been over there for some time.

Also, and I may have mentioned these before, if you can get:

The Misapprehension of Bella Swan
Son of a Preacher Man
Breaking Trinity
Fourth Quarter
Rough Start

You will fall in love. They are all Twilight fanfiction. I wish I had links to provide or even the authors pen names. SORRY.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 28, 2012 9:44:49 AM PST
Willread says:
I agree with you on Edwards Wallbanger. It`s a shame that fic has been taken down. The ending was a bit meh but the story up until then was hilarious.

If anyone is interested in Sookie Stackhouse fanfic then this one is one of the more popular ones: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5033210/1/House_Of_Flesh_On_Fire
It`s about Sookie the student and Eric the professor. It`s pretty .... hot :-)

This is a list of all the most popular Sookie Stackhouse fanfics: http://www.fanfiction.net/community/I_am_older_than_your_Jesus_Godric_Fics_with_2000_reviews_or_more/86797/99/0/1/
Discussion locked

Recent discussions in the Romance forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Romance forum
Participants:  272
Total posts:  10000
Initial post:  Feb 11, 2012
Latest post:  Jan 26, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 51 customers

Search Customer Discussions