Professional restaurant supplies Spring Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Subscribe & Save Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer bschs2 bschs2 bschs2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Shop Now May4th
Customer Discussions > Romance forum

"Hero is Crazy in Love and Crazy Jealous/Possessive 2"

This discussion has reached the maximum length permitted, and cannot accept new replies. Start a new discussion

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 201-225 of 1000 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on May 16, 2012 7:18:46 AM PDT
[Deleted by the author on May 16, 2012 7:18:59 AM PDT]

Posted on May 16, 2012 7:21:11 AM PDT
B.E. Love says:
thanks Lisa I looked on her book page for reviews aaah I was really surprised to see her and Jamie mcGuire's posts about peoples reviews thats really bad :(

Posted on May 16, 2012 7:21:12 AM PDT
Yep! She and her bff, Jamie McQuire, travel together to attack any reviewer who has the nerve to leave a less than glowing review.

It just kills me to walk away from a book that sounds promising. From what y'all have said, Flat Out Love, is a book that I would enjoy. Not only will I not spend my money to buy a book from a badly behaving author, but I also won't borrow one. Refusing to read the works of BBA authors is an ethical decision that I've made for myself.

*Stomping off angrily waving fists in the air. "Darn you Jessica Parks, depriving me of a good book!"

In reply to an earlier post on May 16, 2012 7:26:24 AM PDT
Miss says:
Nana Janet Lopez - Say it isn't so! Beautiful Disaster Jamie McQuire? What a waste of space!

In reply to an earlier post on May 16, 2012 7:35:02 AM PDT
D. Stom says:
Yep. Nope. We wish it weren't so. There's a bunch of us who're Royally Put Out at what these two have done.
(*shrugs*)
Unfortunately, there's no magic "make an author behave" wand, button or spell... :\

Posted on May 16, 2012 7:49:47 AM PDT
D. Medina says:
Katrina- I really suck at writing synopsis but the Dragon Kin series is written by Shelly Laurenston writing under a pen name of GA Aiken. The H's are Dragons and the h's are human (in most of the books so far) and the H's pretty much don't know what hits them or why they want only the h. The H's are alpha and possessive (they all belong in this thread). The h's are strong and a little scary in their determination to overcome what ever they need to in the books.
So, has anyone read anything by Elisabeth Naughton?

In reply to an earlier post on May 16, 2012 7:55:10 AM PDT
HJ Leonard says:
I've read Naughton's 'Stolen' trilogy and have been reading her newest, though not the recently released one (is that Marked?). I have so many TBR books right now that I'm waiting until I don't have such a backlog.

I like her. She's not in my top 5 authors, but about middle of my average pack of them. Entertaining, but not groundbreaking.

In reply to an earlier post on May 16, 2012 7:57:09 AM PDT
Kate Barley says:
I think I have read maybe 2 books in the Eternal Guardians series -- they are decent, solid reads but not rereads for me.

In reply to an earlier post on May 16, 2012 7:58:11 AM PDT
HJ Leonard says:
Yes, Jessica Parks and Jamie McGuire (along with April Bostic, author of A Rose to the Fallen) are the royal Queens of Badly Behaved Authors. I can't think of any worse, to tell the truth. Part of the problem is that they have a lot of fans who 'enable' them, and they truly don't get the whole, 'Don't bite the hand that feeds you,' concept.

Posted on May 16, 2012 7:59:45 AM PDT
Ann says:
Evidently I read Beautiful Disaster/Flat Out Love before the BBA info came out. So....Taking a stand against the BBA's does that mean since Jamie McGuire is on the black list you all won't read another Beautiful Disaster bk that comes out!?!?!? Curious.

In reply to an earlier post on May 16, 2012 8:02:35 AM PDT
HJ Leonard says:
For me, yes. I won't be buying or reading any books by her, or the others. I, too read these books before discovering this behavior, but I certainly won't support it or them any longer.

Posted on May 16, 2012 8:08:44 AM PDT
Deb says:
Pardon my ignorance, but what exactly did BBA do?

In reply to an earlier post on May 16, 2012 8:12:06 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 16, 2012 8:15:23 AM PDT
HJ Leonard says:
Basically, they attack (online, in public) reviewers who don't give them full 5 stars or did not like their books. They've insulted readers, taking things to twitter and facebook, and then instigated their 'fangrrls' to also attack the reader/reviewers. It's not pretty.

ETA - for more details, just go the the BBA thread and start reading through. I think this is where we started posting some links. Goodreads has more, when you look at the book reviews.

http://www.amazon.com/forum/romance/ref=cm_cd_et_md_pl?_encoding=UTF8&cdForum=FxM42D5QN2YZ1D&cdMsgNo=66&cdPage=3&cdSort=oldest&cdThread=Tx2NRTV45YTG5BC&cdMsgID=Mx2BU2JDPFVLQD6#Mx2BU2JDPFVLQD6

Posted on May 16, 2012 8:15:14 AM PDT
Ann says:
Check out the reviews for A Rose to the Fallen on Amazon and you can read some of the nasty things that author has posted to readers. Very immature.

Posted on May 16, 2012 8:18:03 AM PDT
Deb says:
Will do that! Glad I didn't buy either of them! Was tempted to buy Beautiful Disaster....think I might have a sample on my Kindle. Gonna delete it pronto!

In reply to an earlier post on May 16, 2012 8:22:12 AM PDT
E. Ward says:
I"m almost done with book two, and so far no cheating! hea? I hope so! these books are keepers for me!

In reply to an earlier post on May 16, 2012 8:23:20 AM PDT
I absolutely won't be reading anything else by Jamie McGuire. I won't buy it, I won't borrow it, I won't support her in any way, shape, or form.

I also purchased Beautiful Disaster (I bought after Jo loaned it to me) before I knew of her attitude and behavior. Which is a shame because I liked (not loved) BD and had been looking forward to her next novel. Oh well, that's the breaks.

Posted on May 16, 2012 8:35:13 AM PDT
C. Hix says:
Thanks to all the recs for new books...unfortunately have read most of them. The only one I have not read is Thoughtless and Effortless...too many people say the h is annoying. So I have been put off by that. So can I get some honest opinions regarding her. I mean I did not find Ana of FSoG as annoying as some so maybe she is not so bad.

In reply to an earlier post on May 16, 2012 8:35:53 AM PDT
B.E. Love says:
thanks E ward I think I will get the first one after I finishe Knight;}

Posted on May 16, 2012 8:48:26 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 16, 2012 8:57:17 AM PDT
nancy says:
I was just going to delete FOL but would returning it make a better statement? How can these authors write such good books then act so stupidly and how do I know in the future if an author is a BBA?

In reply to an earlier post on May 16, 2012 8:50:12 AM PDT
HJ Leonard says:
You can always follow the thread, read negative reivews and see if they've been commented on, join the Goodreads BBA group, google the author...

There are many ways to keep up on whom to avoid.

In reply to an earlier post on May 16, 2012 8:52:03 AM PDT
nancy says:
C.Hix- I thought the books were so good I could overlook her TSTL moments. Kellan and Denny alone are worth the read.

In reply to an earlier post on May 16, 2012 9:24:38 AM PDT
D. Stom says:
yep. pretty much covers it.

In reply to an earlier post on May 16, 2012 10:00:27 AM PDT
kelster says:
Oh Janet. I feel the same way. I had Flat Out Love on my TBR list and just recently pulled it up, read the Look Inside and was ready to purchase when I noticed the name of the author. It took me a minute to reconcile that the book (which started off really good) was written by someone who is so viciously nasty in her comments to readers. Very disappointing.

On another note, I read Dragon Actually which is the first in the Dragonkins series that was mentioned earlier. Very good. Loved how the love story came together and the relationship that developed between the H and h. H was very possessive and protective of the h. There was humor and some action and it was an overall light read.

Also read ACCIDENTALLY IN LOVE WITH...A GOD? (a Paranormal Romance) (Accidentally Yours) (Thanks Jo) there were things that I loved and other things that I tired of but overall I thought it was a good read. I did like that the H was possessive and jealous and that he taught the h to have a strength and backbone that would have eluded her without his interference and input. I thought that her witty comments were funny and realistically part of her personality that had been honed through her relationship with the H. There were surprises in the book and it took turns that I hadn't expected but by the end I was ready for it to end and get to the HEA.

Posted on May 16, 2012 11:01:41 AM PDT
Jae says:
The Man Who Risked it All by Michelle Reid The Man Who Risked It All
i think this fits the category..i enjoyed reading this :-)
Discussion locked

Recent discussions in the Romance forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Romance forum
Participants:  447
Total posts:  10000
Initial post:  May 7, 2012
Latest post:  Apr 30, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 128 customers

Search Customer Discussions