Customer Discussions > Romance forum

H in bed with OW

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 26 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 8, 2012 6:09:56 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 8, 2012 6:12:35 AM PST
read4fun says:
I am reading Sweet Release and the opening scene has the H in bed with OW(actually it's right "after"). It made me think of other books that I have read where this occurred ( Love Only Once: A Malory Novel, Flowers from the Storm and Something Wonderful ).
Are there any other ones? I prefer historicals.

Posted on Nov 8, 2012 7:22:49 AM PST
A Customer says:
The Seduction by Nicole Jordan. It's been a while since I read this, but I think it's how this book opens as well, with the H in bed w/ OW.

Posted on Nov 8, 2012 7:40:06 AM PST
Tara says:
I think Until You by Judith McNaught has an opening seen like that. He's getting dressed "right after" and chatting with his mistress.

Posted on Nov 8, 2012 7:46:12 AM PST
Susan Johnson uses this scenario quite a lot: see Brazen, Outlaw, Blaze etc

Posted on Nov 8, 2012 7:53:41 AM PST
NathalieM says:
There was another thread w/ this theme a few days ago & I found lots of recommendations there...(Outlaw by Susan Johnson & Jewel of My Heart by Rosemary Rogers were my rec.).

Posted on Nov 8, 2012 11:00:55 AM PST
read4fun says:
I forgot about Until you...I'll have to re-read it! I have never read anything by Susan Johnson, so I will check her titles out. Also, The Seduction looks really good!! Thanks for the recs :)

Posted on Nov 8, 2012 3:43:00 PM PST
Amyalissa says:
It's a contemporary read but In Your Eyes by Laura Moore. Personally, I didn't really like it because the opening scene with the OW was very detailed...

Posted on Nov 8, 2012 4:46:54 PM PST
Stronger Than Magic has a scene with the H and his mistress.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 9:12:58 PM PST
NathalieM says:
The OP prefers Historical Romance but I'm glad u posted this book 'coz I'm 1 of those who love the story. Pretty strong opening 4 a romance book but I got ovr it 'coz the scene was b4 H & h meet. If it was aftr then that'll b anothr story.

Posted on Nov 8, 2012 9:22:55 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 8, 2012 10:22:36 PM PST
B. Lim says:
Lord of Devil Isle Connie Mason H have sex with is mistress beginning of the book.

Tender Fury h caught the H having sex with his mistress.

Passionate Bid (Blue-Eyed Four Series Book 1) tierney malley

Posted on Nov 8, 2012 9:36:11 PM PST
The Perfect Bride (The Dewarenne Dynasty Series), heroine walks in on hero with OW.

Posted on Nov 8, 2012 10:38:26 PM PST
KatieM says:
Sin and Sensibility (Avon Romantic Treasure) by Suzanne Enoch

Posted on Nov 9, 2012 1:44:21 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 9, 2012 1:45:40 AM PST
read4fun says:
In Tender Fury and The Perfect Bride does the h walk on H+OW before she and the H are together? I just can't stand cheaters!!

Posted on Nov 9, 2012 5:14:28 AM PST
If I remember correctly in Perfect Bride, they were not together at all when she walked in on him and the maid. This was before they even thought of getting together. I dont think I felt any angst reading that at all.

Posted on Nov 9, 2012 6:02:38 AM PST
read4fun says:
Thanks AvidReader :)

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2012 12:40:28 PM PST
If I recalled right, in The Perfect Bride (The Dewarenne Dynasty Series), the heroine goes to the hero's home and I believe she has the intention of asking him for a MOC, she sufferes from post traumtic stress and he has an severe injury from the war (amputee?). I remember there was a certain amount of angst until they got to the bottom of her problems and then there was a revengeful OW.

Posted on Nov 10, 2012 10:35:48 PM PST
NathalieM says:
I just remembr 2 more historical romance bks w/ this theme.
1. The Fire of Paradise by Brenda Joyce: bk opens w/ H & OW1 & later there's a scene w/ OW2. @ the beginning I thought I wont like this bk but I'm so glad I continued coz the OWs make sense in this bk. This bk is in my keepr shelves now... Loved it!
2. Renegade Love by Katherine Sutcliffe: only 1 scene w/ H & OW also @ beginning of bk...Love this 1 2! Keeper shelf-check.

Posted on Nov 11, 2012 12:53:30 AM PST
sinnamon says:
Beyond the Highland Mist (Highlander, Book 1) by Karen Marie Moning

Scene with H & OW opens this book. H in arms of his mistress tries to forget about his soon-to-happen marriage with a girl the King ordered him to wed. Rumour says that his betrothed is unattractive and completely insane to the point that her father keeps her locked in the tower. What's H doesn't know is that his REAL, loony fiancée was murdered by her own father who scared of king's wrath replace his dead daughter with heroine. Heroine is a girl from 20th century who was magically sent few centuries in the past. She finds herself in the house of cruel man who forces her to act as his daughter and marry a stranger.

Very good read.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 11, 2012 1:19:59 AM PST
LJA says:
The whole series is great.

Posted on Nov 11, 2012 1:33:49 AM PST
RACHEL says:
After Innocence, h spies on H with ow at the beach, and he knows she's there, the book starts in the year 1901.

Posted on Nov 11, 2012 5:40:01 AM PST
read4fun says:
Thank you all for the recs, I'll check them out!!

Posted on Nov 11, 2012 6:26:36 AM PST
Tippi says:
Most Cheryl Holt books has this theme. Sometimes H has multiple partners at the same time.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 11, 2012 7:47:20 AM PST
many of brenda joyce's book has this theme. Personally that is why I stopped reading her. A book that has this theme and I do not know if I mentionned it or someone else did already is Improper Relations by Julianna ross

Posted on Dec 18, 2012 5:14:08 AM PST
misty9 says:
Has someone already mentioned Cheryl Howe's Improper Pleasures (The Pleasure Series)

Personally I didn't like the book, but it fits with the request.
The H is being 'taken care of' by a maid while the h looks on.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 18, 2012 5:36:22 AM PST
Lillian Rose says:
Thanks misty, it's free as well, what a bargain.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Romance forum
Participants:  19
Total posts:  26
Initial post:  Nov 8, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 19, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 14 customers

Search Customer Discussions