Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors
Customer Discussions > Romance forum

"The List" that was spawned by the popular Don't Shoot Me Thread

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 2801-2825 of 1000 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Nov 4, 2012 6:40:18 PM PST
B. Lim says:
boogenhagen would you please spoil more on Summertime Blues please? Did she stalk him through out the book? Is the h is TSTL?

Posted on Nov 4, 2012 8:40:29 PM PST
Lillian Rose says:
M. Nix, Boog, what happened to the OW and the child? If he didn't love the OW why was he sleeping with her and the h at the same time? I guess he must not have loved the h too much if he was sleeping with the OW as well??? Why did he stay with the OW for 14years? What happened to his child?? What happened to OW? This h seems to be TSTL. I bet for 14years that she never moved on????? Did she just wait for him???

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 4, 2012 8:47:27 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 4, 2012 8:52:53 PM PST
B. Lim says:
Lillian Rose he have custody of his daughter. I think his wife die that why he came back home to h. I couldn't read the whole book because the h is to much of TSTL. I don't think the H love the h. I only read few chapter of the ending and not really loving it. I have to love the ending of the book or get more spoiler before reading the whole book. No grovel for cheating on h.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 4, 2012 9:09:04 PM PST
Lillian Rose says:
B, yeah I hate it when such a long time had elapsed as well, I mean 14years, he would have stayed with the OW if she had not died? Maybe if he divorced the OW and it wasn't such a long time maybe, but probably not. But it seems to me that he was quite content to live the rest of his life with the OW and his child. So no I don't think he loved the h at all.

Posted on Nov 4, 2012 9:15:38 PM PST
B. Lim says:
That how I feel that H didn't love the h. That why I can't read this book. If he work hard to get the h back like the Unwanted Wife I would love to read it. That why I can't read Shiloh Walker No Longer Mine, Always a Bridemaid by Elaine Harper those books the H is such an ass. No grovel for there mistake and h can't wait to take them back.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 4, 2012 9:23:28 PM PST
Lillian Rose says:
Exactly, I so agree, if the OW had not died, the H would have stayed with them forever and the h would have hopefully have found their real H. How can a reader be expected to believe that the H loves the h when he would have stayed with the OW forever if she hadn't died. Where is the I have to be with the h no matter what, I mean if children are involved it doesn't mean that the H can't look after the child. But in most of these cases, well every one the H cheated on the h to have the child in the first place, so where is the love this book has it's foundations on???????

Posted on Nov 4, 2012 10:14:22 PM PST
He stayed away from her because he thought she was his sister. He cant be around her and not want/ love her inappropriatly. He stayed with the other woman for his child and because he knew he would not love anyone but the h.

Posted on Nov 4, 2012 10:38:10 PM PST
B. Lim says:
AvidReader what made him come back to h still believing h is his sister? Did he have a content marriage with OW?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 4, 2012 11:14:02 PM PST
Lillian Rose says:
AvidReader. yes okay I agree with that, but he was still having sex with OW when he was having sex with h, and he didn't know h was sister then????

Posted on Nov 4, 2012 11:17:47 PM PST
B. Lim says:
Lilian he didn't know the h was his sister then only after he have sex. I was wondering did he find out before he return home after 14 year separation.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 4, 2012 11:34:52 PM PST
Lillian Rose says:
B, but he was still having sex with both the h and the OW at the same time, I know it was only sex with h once, but whilst he was seeing the h he was having sex with OW, not a H to me. Or did the H/h have sex the first time they saw each other? I got the impression that the H was taking the h out and he was having sex with OW at the same time? Did the h wait for him all this time or did she move on????

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 4, 2012 11:45:11 PM PST
B. Lim says:
Lillian Rose I think you should read this book. The ending is pretty good and is not abrupt like Shiloh Walker No Longer Mine, Always a Bridemaid by Elaine Harper. The they got marry and she help him raise his daughter. No they didn't have sex first when they see each other. I believe the h wouldn't qualify to be his wife any because she poor and the OW is same class as he is.

Posted on Nov 5, 2012 12:54:51 AM PST
boogenhagen says:
Re Summertime Blues- the H returns to town where h lives after his wife dies and the h meets his daughter when the daughter needs a dietitian. He did believe the h was his sister cause his father had an affair with a woman who said she was the h's mum but was actually the h's aunt and the aunt lied and said the h was her daughter when actually it was the h's cousin who was the H's sister.

Anyhow the H was planning on staying married to his wife, but she got drunk and drove her and the H off the road. The wife winds up dead a few months later and the H's hand is ruined thus ruining his career as a surgeon. They go back to the H's hometown and the h keeps going over to his house, ostensibly to talk to him about his daughter who is diabetic and needs help. Turns out the wife hated the H cause he was always mooning about h and told the daughter he hated her. Frankly I thought all it needed was a dna test proving the daughter wasn't his.

The H keeps trying to run the h off and finally tells her what he believes but the h is like no way cause my mum and dad wouldn't cheat on each other. Turns out she was right but the H is still rejecting her cause of the kid and the h keeps coming back and then HEA. The h was the worst pathetic stalker doormat, she just wanted him no matter what and the H was a complete and utter whiny wimp, all he really cared about was he couldn't perform surgery anymore. I did not believe he really loved anybody, just his career but I think he used the h to punish the woman who forced him to marry her. Supposedly he was faithfull to her but I totally don't believe it.

Posted on Nov 5, 2012 1:03:47 AM PST
B. Lim says:
Thank boogenhagen for the spoiler. No wonder I can't seem to read this book. Not into TSLT h right now. I don't want to destroy my Nook because the h is so stupid. Did she ever move on during the 14 yrs separation?

Posted on Nov 5, 2012 5:34:58 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 5, 2012 5:36:28 AM PST
Neither one could stay away from each other no matter how much they thought they should. When they were dating, she was incredibly young (under age) and the sister of his best friend. I truly believe he tried to just be friends with her and not go all the way and having the bit on the side surely helped him do that. As for her stalking him later, she had a lot of unresolved issues since she never really got to have closure. She knew when he got Tricia pregnant that he was seeing someone else but I don't think she processed that at the time since she had just slept with him and then finds out they are done. It mentions (IIRC) that she was still stunned a month later when he married Tricia. My biggest problem is that he never grovels. When he is confronted by the cheating it was so long ago in his mind that he thinks she should get over it and not waste any more time. When she leaves to have time by herself, he states he wants to be mad at his dad and the aunt but he knows its all his fault. And that's it? I cry foul! It's not enough!

Posted on Nov 5, 2012 7:49:40 AM PST
I can't believe that these books - with a H who is a jerk and a h who is a doormat - are written by women authors. Don' t they know women readers are going to hate them?

Posted on Nov 5, 2012 8:20:09 AM PST
Michigangirl says:
If she didn't face in 14 years that he slept with her but married the woman he got pregnant therefore he logically was cheating on her and sleeping wtih the other woman at the same time, and vice versa probably, that he cheated on the other woman by sleeping with the heroine too. Actually it sounds more like he cheated on the other woman with the heroine since he was sleeping with the other woman first and for a while..as opposed to once with the heroine. She's just burying her head in the sand there to not face that. It sounds more like she needs counceling of her own than anything else.

It sucks but you couldn't get over it and move on and accept the truth of the situation in 14 years????

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 8:57:57 AM PST
boogenhagen says:
Technically it is an eighties book IIRC, doormats with no apologies were much more prevalent - I think it was supposed to be a big breakthrough that the H did not try to bully her into bed or order her around- he was a remarkably reticent H and rather beta.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 1:08:49 PM PST
wondercat says:
bookadict - Did the H ever redeem himself in Marriage Meltdown? I want to start it but I'm really tired of the H's in these books getting away with their indiscretions without some serious groveling.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 1:24:22 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 5, 2012 1:25:45 PM PST
D. Arnold says:
Not bookadict, but just finished reading the book. For what it was, the grovel worked for me. As usual with alot of these books there is a big misunderstanding and by the time the HEA came about, I fully believed that H/h had worked through all of their issues and could have a HEA. There was no abrupt end to the story and the H was not mean to her in any way. More condescending with his tone and once there was hope for their marriage, H began to soften up toward her. He basically had a way of thinking and didn't give their marriage a real try. She was just very naive! I would have to give it a 3.5/4 stars. There were some writing issue for me that pulled me out of the story, which I don't like. Other than that a fairly easy and not too angsty read. I was worried and hadn't read it for a good while, but these posters had it on my mind again and I dove in. At first I was nervous, but the more I read the less stressed I felt and could enjoy the writing and story. I took the story as part of a page from my life and could empathize with the h. I am now just understanding my marriage, man and our family and can see how they could have gotten sidetracked from a misunderstanding and her not being taught about certain aspects of marriage. IMO, go for it.

edit for spelling

Posted on Nov 5, 2012 7:51:00 PM PST
Lillian Rose says:
Marriage Meltdown - SPOILERS - The h knew that the H and his PA intended to carry on or start an affair at Dury House, the place screamed it and she was hit in the face with it. He had lunch with his PA instead of her, he chose his PA over her, he chose to stay at Dury House knowing that he was going to sleep with his PA when he got there. Maybe he chose not to at the end, but if the h didn't go with him I think he would have. He was guilty of everything but the act. Yet he tells the H he thought about it but didn't want to. But it wasn't just a quick think it was planned that he would sleep with his PA, his thinking was that he could have an affair with his PA and it wouldn't touch his marriage.

At the end he blames his PA too much, saying that she set him up to be blackmailed, but I say if he hadn't planned to do the wrong thing then she would have nothing to blackmail him over. I am so for the OW taking her share of the blame, but in this case it seemed to me that the H was changing the focus of what he was going to do, to the PA was setting him up to blackmail and that she's the only bad one. To me as soon as the H mentions the PA trying to blackmail him that all was forgotten.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 9:21:54 PM PST
Michigangirl says:
Agree but I like the comment boogenhagen made in a previous discussion.

He knew and she knew, and he knew that she knew. But there would be too much honesty and they wouldn't be able to come back from that if they both admitted it. So in order to give their marriage a chance to go with her keeping some self esteem, pride, self respect, whatever you want to call it. They had to pretend that's what it was. But the truth is, both of them knew otherwise, they just wanted to swallow the BS so they could try to move forward.

He wouldn't attempt to sleep around again, and as horrible as it sounds, she wouldn't be that complacent with him anymore.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 11:30:40 PM PST
RgReader says:
Not all women readers will hate them.

Posted on Nov 6, 2012 3:57:54 AM PST
Mercered says:
Marriage Meltdown spoilers: I think that book bothered me more than most cheating books b/c he was so methodical about the affair. It was thought out, he balanced the pros and cons, got to know the ow on an emotional level and believed he would be justified in having his cake and eating it too. I had a big problem with that. Some H(?) just fall into the affair and they don't know how it happened (I was drunk, depressed, whatever the going excuse is)...I wouldn't be suprised if he didn't have a business plan in his desk proposing the affair. Then to blame his wife that he had to go somewhere b/c she didn't know what to do or was uptight, knowing he was the only one that she had been with. She was just a reflection of a) her childhood and b) his teachings. So if she's bad, then lets look at the teacher. I would've let him grovel some more while I traveled through Europe alone...esp the way he treated her when she tried to spice things up. He was just cruel.

Posted on Nov 6, 2012 5:26:03 AM PST
Lillian Rose says:
Marriage Meltdown - spoilers - IMHO I think it was Dury House that warned her that something was off. That's when she had a really hard look at her relationship with her husband. The H wasn't happy with the way things were sexually between them, but he didn't bother to try and change things, he just put her in the wife category - she wasn't for sex she was for family and children etc. He would have a mistress for sex so when she started changing the rules and wanted more from their marriage then he wasn't happy because he had already picked out his next sexual partner was happy with the way things were going to go with the PA. Now he had a wife who wanted to be more and he wasn't happy he was looking forward to having this affair with his PA so he was cruel to his wife and kept on trying to keep her firmly in her place as wife. I still think that he was thinking of having an affair even on the flight. When he could hear her laughing with the passenger beside her, he all of a sudden wanted to be the one to share those new things with her. I think that's when he realised what he could really have with the h, and he wanted that more than he wanted the affair. To me that's the first time he started putting his wife before the PA and treated her differently. When at Dury House and the h was confronted by what the H and PA had planned and she locked herself in the bathroom, that's truly when he started to sweat and realise what he could loose. I don't think he would ever cheat or even think about it, but I also don't think they had a partnership of a marriage I think he was in charge all the way and always would be.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Romance forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Announcement
Read fresh new romance stories - and tell the writers which parts you love!
25 May 2, 2016
Announcement
Amazon Discussions Feedback Forum
152 Feb 5, 2016
World of Romance. . . Rants & Raves. . . Thread #5 3969 3 minutes ago
Worst Betrayal Ever!!! 2 678 27 minutes ago
Heroes that grovel correctly *Possible Spoilers* 8992 41 minutes ago
Hero is Crazy in Love and Crazy Jealous/Possessive 6 1410 44 minutes ago
Romances Set in a "Real" Alaska 144 1 hour ago
Dear Book Buying Confessional (and other topics) part 2 459 1 hour ago
Silhouette Desire - To quote "Touch And Go" - Lets go straight to No.1 2544 1 hour ago
Free Today Third Edition 2949 1 hour ago
Harlequin Presents - Let's start at the beginning... a very good place to start - Number... 4151 1 hour ago
Contemporary Romance Novels of Heroes with Intense PTSD 50 1 hour ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Romance forum
Participants:  308
Total posts:  9496
Initial post:  Sep 21, 2010
Latest post:  7 days ago

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 82 customers

Search Customer Discussions