Best Books of the Month Shop Men's Shoes Learn more nav_sap_plcc_6M_fly_beacon Joe Bonamassa All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Amazon Gift Card Offer blacklist blacklist blacklist  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Fall Arrivals in Amazon Outdoor Clothing Learn more
Customer Discussions > Romance forum

WTF Endings

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 26-50 of 325 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Sep 7, 2012 6:52:36 PM PDT
B.E. Love says:
I really wanted to read A Rose Of The Fallen but after hearing about that one I won't ever read it:(

Posted on Sep 7, 2012 7:04:10 PM PDT
Me says:
I am so happy this discussion exists because I still am upset over how A Whisper To A Scream (The Sociopath Diaries) ended. It was like the author had better things to do so she just stopped writing. Pissed me off.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 7, 2012 8:32:33 PM PDT
CyMac says:
I had to check this thread to make sure The Point of it All was included, lol. It was the first book I'd ever read that made me leave a review because the ending was sooooo unexpected. There were all kind of warnings for this book about domestic discipline, and people not liking that - where was the warning that after all that drama, the H is killed, on the second to last page of the book? An apropros title: What really was the point of it all, lol!

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 7, 2012 9:22:08 PM PDT
CMommy says:
Thanks for the warning Ann Marie. This book was actually on my TBR list. Taking it off now.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 8, 2012 2:04:32 AM PDT
Janie says:
It makes me want to read them!

Posted on Sep 8, 2012 6:07:09 AM PDT
great idea for a thread to avoid all the trash out there

Posted on Sep 8, 2012 6:19:36 AM PDT
This thread reminds me of a book I read a few months ago - can't recall the name but I can recall how gob-smacked and ripped off I felt at the ending. The book covers a long time-frame from when, as a young woman, h meets and falls in love with H who becomes a famous rock star. She is continuously hated and harassed by papparrazi. They make her life hell. The H and h are solid for years, have a couple of kids who get sent away to private school etc. etc. in the end H cheats on her and h goes out in her car and fakes her death to escape the pain and craziness. How is that a romance? Where is my HEA? WTF???

Posted on Sep 8, 2012 7:15:29 AM PDT
LuckyGirl says:
Lover Unbound (Black Dagger Brotherhood, Book 5) killing off the heroine, no matter how unlikeable she is, is just wrong. Making her a ghost who continues to hang out with the hero and all the other characters is just ridiculous. Herein lies the last JR Ward book I shall ever read...

Posted on Sep 8, 2012 7:26:27 AM PDT
Not so much an ending as a conveniently placed miracle. Blaze of Memory (Psy-Changelings, Book 7) Heroine is essentially brain dead. The only thing keeping her alive is... well, I'm not sure. There's mention of a feeding tube but that would only provide nourishment after a fashion. Anyway, in pops Mary Sue and her best buddy Gary Stu to lay hands on the dying h and (several hours later) the h is all better now. Right.

You know, as irritating as I found Jane's Ghost, this nth hour miracle just infuriated me.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 8, 2012 7:28:58 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 8, 2012 9:35:12 AM PDT
HJ Leonard says:
I've been stuck not getting through that book for almost a year. Every time I picked it up, I get 1 or 2 pages, and then start snoozing. It's really frustrating, because I refuse to read series out of order, and I'm desperate to get to the next books, but I can't because this one is in the way.

edited to correct spelling

Posted on Sep 8, 2012 7:38:23 AM PDT
Dena J says:
Chasing Nikki (Chasing Nikki #1) totally blindsided me with its ending. It's a mature Y/A, was loving it until near the end of the book the heroine was in a car accident on her way to meet the H for their "first time" she wakes after the accident, they talk (still in the hospital), she goes to have a CT then suddenly she's DEAD! I cried many times reading that book so was very upset they didn't get their HEA! still bothers me!

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 8, 2012 8:56:48 AM PDT
GLB says:
Doing the Right Thing by Barbara Elsborg

h starts the book as a virgin and meets two brothers. One brother is set up as the H. Usual romance escapades. h loses her virginity to the "H" and the we read about their sex life for a few chapters. Still a good book, then in the last chapter she switches brothers and there is a new H and the former goes off heartbroken into the sunset.
Up until the switch, this was a great book. I liked the writing and characters. The h and first H had issues, but I still thought they could have ended up together. OR I could have accepted the new H if we hadn't been front and center to her sex life with the former H. Also, I HATE when h are sexually intimate with related men. ICK. To me, it always seems incestuous. I know it isn't, but I still don't like it. I know a lot of people don't mind and I don't mind if h dates relatives (related to each other, not h) but I don't want her to have sex with them both.

Great topic. I've been wanting to vent about that book ever since I read it.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 8, 2012 9:33:07 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 8, 2012 11:49:24 AM PDT
See, I think of Lover Unbound as less a WTF!! ending and "Really, that's how you're going to solve the problem?". She had to make the heroine immortal somehow, and she had already used up the "there was a vampire in the family" story line in the book before. At least it wasn't as rediculous as how she kept the Hero around in Lover Unleashed.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 8, 2012 10:15:10 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 8, 2012 10:19:59 AM PDT
I felt the exact opposite - I HAAAAATED Doing The Right Thing and the first brother presented as the H right up until the ending. Then the H switch downgraded my extreme fury to a severe case of "youvegottabeeffinkiddingme".

The only real satisfaction I got from reading it is that the bathmat, I mean the h, finally ends up with the guy who emotionally supported her for the entirety of the story. You know, the guy who DIDNT take her virginity, had her hide in the bathroom right afterwards and then have sex with his manipulative ex-wife the very same night, and then proceed to play with her head and her feelings for the entire book.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 8, 2012 10:38:20 AM PDT
Bitchie says:
Well great, this is the next book for me in this series.

Posted on Sep 8, 2012 10:45:08 AM PDT
T. Smith says:
I hate bait and switch of the H. I get invested in the H as the story goes on. I don't like it when the H suddenly becomes someone else. Sugar Daddy did it, but not bad enough for me to hate the book. Just slightly miffed that I invested in Hardy as the H and slowly you get the idea that he isn't going to be for her.

There was another series, I hate to mention the name because the last time I did the author tracked down everything I had said about this problem, some of the posts were months old and responded. Anyways this series has the same h and H in the first two books. In the third book it is still about them but at the end the h ends up with someone else. Someone who had always been around, someone who always offered some temptation for the h, who wanted her. And the H ends up with someone else too. I was definetly thinking WTF? I wasn't happy. Didn't like that one bit.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 8, 2012 11:14:45 AM PDT
Kate Barley says:
I am curious about this series by Thea Devine. So the H in book 1 becomes a baddie in book 2 and the reader doesn't know what happens to his wife and child? More spoilers please. TIA.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 8, 2012 11:51:39 AM PDT
Bitchie says:
LOL that's why I ended up putting Sugar Daddy aside. I had read just the stuff when they first met as teens, and thought he was hers. Then I read the blurbs for the other two books, saw he WASN'T the H, and set it aside and never went back to the series.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 8, 2012 12:08:30 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 8, 2012 6:06:39 PM PDT

One day maybe you should give the book another chance. IMHO, sugar daddy was the best book out of the three. I thought the author tried to show that Hardy although professing to love the h, never really put her first and Gage (I love him!) was so much better for her. I know a lot of people liked blue-eyed devil but I couldn't stand that book. To me, Hardy never really changed and was soft (not an alpha male at all) and the daughter I can't even remember her name was annoying as hell.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 8, 2012 12:09:14 PM PDT
Bitchie says:
I still plan too, they're all on my Kindle. Unfortunately the Kindle died yesterday, lol.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 8, 2012 12:27:16 PM PDT
gbaby says:
slbett, your post reminded me of a book I read and hated, Taking Instruction (Taboo). I can't say BDSM is my go-to genre, but I don't mind reading it sometimes. I also don't mind reading menage stories sometimes. But when the third party in the menage is the H's brother? NO! Not for me!! I couldn't believe it.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 8, 2012 12:31:24 PM PDT
But Gage never had to sacrifice anything to put her first - he was born with everything and what he had to give up would be negligible to everything else he had. Hardy struggled and worked for everything he had and had to make tough choices and sacrifices - he was by far the more interesting character. The series is mostly about the heroine's journey and they lean more toward Woman's fic than Romance - highlighted by the the first person POV The second book is mostly about Cage's sister - not about Hardy. He becomes just another rich guy/emotional savior for the heroine in his book.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 8, 2012 12:33:14 PM PDT
Ouch - wonder if it knew the new Kindles were out and committed seppuku?

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 8, 2012 12:52:45 PM PDT
Bitchie says:
Maybe. Or it knew I had spent an hour the night before deleting and reorganizing the stupid thing!

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 8, 2012 2:33:28 PM PDT
Me too (re: Blaze of Memory). Bah! I want to read the rest of the series so I'll have to read it. I was already putting off reading it since it doesn't sound like changlings play much of a part in it. But skipping books doesn't work well with that series. Nor does skimming. Bah!
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Romance forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Romance forum
Participants:  100
Total posts:  325
Initial post:  Sep 7, 2012
Latest post:  Oct 19, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 18 customers

Search Customer Discussions