Customer Discussions > Romance forum

"The List" that was spawned by the popular Don't Shoot Me Thread

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 51-75 of 1000 posts in this discussion
Posted on Oct 1, 2010 10:19:23 AM PDT
Books&Wine says:
I'm posting so that we keep the list near the top. Finished Stranger at the Door. It was very good. IF it's not on the list, it shoule be. Will post more on the main thread.

Posted on Oct 1, 2010 1:23:24 PM PDT
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on Oct 3, 2010 5:50:42 AM PDT
Melissa C. says:
Books&Wine re: Stranger at the Door. I enjoyed that book very much too. It is on my keeper self. I'll have to go dig it out for a re-read as it has been a while.

Posted on Oct 3, 2010 3:40:05 PM PDT
TX Reader says:
Stranger at the Door: I read it as well, loved it too. The telling of his story of his time in the war where the infidelity happened was soooo emotional.

Posted on Oct 3, 2010 9:21:05 PM PDT
Navi says:
Thanks again for putting this together! My "To Buy" list is growing by the minute.

I had a question-- I am unable to locate any information on Cowboy Come Home - Eve Graddy... can something link me to where I can read about/order this book?

Navi

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 4, 2010 2:19:51 AM PDT
Chele says:
Navi-The author of Cowboy Come Home is actually Eve Gaddy. You can find this book for a penney on the Amazon site. It is a Harlequin SuperRomance Book copyright March 2000. Hope this helps :)

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 4, 2010 6:01:54 AM PDT
Vanessa says:
chele and Navi - I have now fixed it on "The List". Thanks for pointing that out : )

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 4, 2010 10:00:08 AM PDT
Books&Wine says:
Melissa C and TX Reader,
Glad you guys liked Stranger at the Door as much as I did. It's now on my keeper shelf (cupboard). It's too bad that Harlequin stopped the Everlasting Love line. It produced some very deep, emotional books.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 5, 2010 9:55:35 AM PDT
Books&Wine says:
Tx Reader,
You're right. It was very emotional. Men usually grieve very differently than women and often in unhealthy ways: anger, substance abuse, infidelity, reckless behavior. That doesn't excuse Sam's behavior but it does help to explain that abberant period of his life. Izzy was a wise woman to understand that and to be able to eventually forgive him and not give up on a 45 year marriage.

Posted on Oct 5, 2010 11:08:57 AM PDT
TX Reader says:
Book&Wine, yes, I liked the way Izzy handled it too. When they met in Hawaii for his R&R it was so emotional for different reasons.....she was puzzled, he felt guilty. I enjoyed the fact that this was a baby boomerish age related book and so I could really identify with it.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 5, 2010 10:56:38 PM PDT
Books&Wine says:
You and me too. :D. I wish we could find more books like this.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 6, 2010 10:20:53 AM PDT
TX Reader says:
Book&Wine, I had hoped that as my favorite authors age there would be more books such as The Stranger at the Door but apparently not or least I haven't run across any. Actually the way I came across this book was through a thread in this romance community. The poster was looking for romances with older couples and the pickings were few if I remember correctly. This one was available on Kindle so I bought it right away. It's a great story, very very plausible.

Posted on Oct 7, 2010 9:21:36 PM PDT
boogenhagen says:
I just wish they would write more of the Everlasting Love line period, those were really great books. Every now and then a Superromance will come out with the Everlasting logo on it and I just have to get it.

Posted on Oct 8, 2010 4:34:11 PM PDT
Melissa C. says:
boogenhagen, can you remember the title of some of those Superomance books with the Everlasting logo. I would like to check on them. I too loved that line.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 8, 2010 6:17:09 PM PDT
Books&Wine says:
I wonder if the publishers follow any of these threads. If so, I hope they're reading this. There alot of us babyboomers growing older and it would be nice if some of our H/h's did as well. Maybe we can start a write in campaign. lol
I also look for a Superromance with the Everlasting logo, but when you buy them on Kindle, it's hard to know if it's labeled EL.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 8, 2010 6:18:31 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 8, 2010 9:54:57 PM PDT
Books&Wine says:
Melissa C,
I can't remember names of the all the books, but I do remember that Fall from Grace by Tracey Gold was a very good Everlasting Love.

Posted on Oct 8, 2010 7:09:48 PM PDT
Melissa C. says:
I agree, " Fall from Grace " was very good.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 9, 2010 1:20:33 AM PDT
JennyG. says:
Here is the link to the list of Harlequin Everlasting Romances on www.fictiondb.com:

http://www.fictiondb.com/series/harlequin-everlasting~14040.htm

Jenny

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 9, 2010 5:20:26 AM PDT
Melissa C. says:
Thanks JennyG for the info.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 9, 2010 8:31:02 AM PDT
TX Reader says:
Book&Wine, there's certainly lots of material to work with as was shown in Stranger at the Door.
I don't know if you've read this one, Familiar Stranger by Sharon Sala, but it's also about an older couple.
I read Fall From Grace too and liked it very well too.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 9, 2010 8:54:56 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 9, 2010 8:57:13 AM PDT
Books&Wine says:
TX Reader,
Thanks for the suggestion. I'm going to look up the Sharon Sala book.
There's a old defunct line from the 1980's, I think, called To Have and To Hold about married couples. I think Dell was the publisher, but not sure. I've ordered a couple for my TBR.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 9, 2010 9:37:01 AM PDT
TX Reader says:
Book&Wine, thanks for the book lead and I'm going to check it out right now! I've been narrowing my reading preferences to married couple tales versus stories that lead up to marriage. I've been married so long--smiles--that I can't much relate to dating anymore. (+:

Posted on Oct 9, 2010 9:30:52 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 10, 2010 3:36:40 PM PDT
boogenhagen says:
I highly recommend the To Have and To Hold series, I have every one and while some were not as good as the others, they are all pretty decent.

and here is the link to all the To Have and To Hold ones

http://www.fictiondb.com/series/to-have-and-to-hold~14158.htm

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 10, 2010 7:41:52 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 10, 2010 9:25:11 AM PDT
TX Reader says:
Thanks Boo, I was having trouble finding these books listed. I had no idea you could search for a series at fdb. Great search tool, thanks!

Posted on Oct 10, 2010 2:15:50 PM PDT
TX Reader says:
Vanessa, I was looking over your list and saw that you have listed the heroine as a cheater in "Lord Greywell's Dilemma Laura Matthews h cheats". He cheats not her. He finds that she does not appear to be a virgen on their wedding night, no maidenhead. She was innocent but he wouldn't believe her. He cheated a couple of times with his ex girlfriend. Towards the end of the book he learns that it's possible not to have a maidenhead and still be a virgen. HEA.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Romance forum
Participants:  277
Total posts:  7629
Initial post:  Sep 21, 2010
Latest post:  4 hours ago

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 84 customers

Search Customer Discussions