Customer Discussions > Romance forum

Kristen Ashley Addicts

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 76-100 of 700 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Sep 14, 2012 11:56:24 AM PDT
Jean says:
I'm dying to read the blog post but my employer has blocked my access. Boo!

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 14, 2012 11:57:55 AM PDT
I can understand why your employer did that...you probably wouldn't get any work done otherwise! It's worth a peek when you get home ;)

Posted on Sep 14, 2012 11:58:48 AM PDT
starsaga says:
ahah! I wondered.....I discovered KA when most of her books were already out...this is the first new-release experience for her books, from this thread I see that there's going to be a huge sigh heard around the world when the book is out!!!

Posted on Sep 14, 2012 12:15:30 PM PDT
I thought Daisy was in her late 20s, maybe at a stretch mid 30s. I'm still rereading the RCs, so I am fuzzy of the later books since they aren't fresh on my mind but didn't she say that her and Malcom couldn't have kids at one point? I don't remember her ever saying why.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 14, 2012 12:16:56 PM PDT
Oh boy, I think we all go a little nuts on release day. It's pretty fun to watch, all the threads seem to go nuts with book talk and my goodreads girls all start reading and discussing at the same time. I. Can't. Wait.

Posted on Sep 14, 2012 12:18:36 PM PDT
ACK!!! I think she's gonna make us wait the full time, this time!

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 14, 2012 12:20:39 PM PDT
starsaga says:
love it!!! I have never been able to put a KA book down till its done (or whatever the equivalent in e-world), I have to say I am addicted.....it was Joe that got me started....

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 14, 2012 12:22:07 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 14, 2012 12:25:50 PM PDT
Colleen says:
I thought Daisy was the same age as Jet (early 20s). I could have sworn that Jet said she looked like a very young Dolly Parton.
I don't remember the kid thing at all, but I'd believe it.

ETA:
Dolly Parton, or a fair impersonation of her, was standing in the doorway, big blonde hair, tiny body, enormous knockers, wearing a pink negligee set, complete with marabou feathers, even on the high-heeled slippers she wore. I realized she wasn't Dolly because she had to be my age or maybe a year or two older.

Kristen Ashley (2011-03-04T08:00:00+00:00). Rock Chick Rescue (Kindle Locations 2511-2513). Unknown. Kindle Edition.

And isn't Jet like 24?

Posted on Sep 14, 2012 12:35:06 PM PDT
I think Jet was 28. But still, that would make her at the most 30. So, I couldn't remember if I was making things up in my head or not about the whole no kids thing. I could have sworn there wasa convo in a later book about how her and Marcus tried for a few years. I'm losing it, lol.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 14, 2012 12:36:22 PM PDT
Jean says:
Ha ha! Now I can't remember how old Jet is!!! At any rate, then I guess that does make Daisy in her mid-20's. I knew she wasn't that old. I want to put Marcus significantly older than her. In his first appearance in RC, I think Indy describes him as older.

Posted on Sep 14, 2012 12:39:17 PM PDT
I just finished rereading Jets story, I'm not going to put money on it but I'm pretty sure she said 28. I remember thinking "really"? Every time I reread these I think, I really need to note their ages somewhere! I know for sure Indy and Ally were 30. The only thing that stands out about Malcom is they say he is a very good looking man. But, I think I remember Indy saying he was older looking.

Posted on Sep 14, 2012 12:40:00 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 14, 2012 12:45:57 PM PDT
Colleen says:
I think Jet is mid 20s, because her dad left when she was ~14 and I thought (could definitely be mistaken) that at one point it's said that he left 10 years ago.

I'll see if I can find that part, but this age thing, I could be really wrong.

ETA-
I was wrong!

Trust my luck, after twenty-eight years, to find my attitude and toss it around when people were doing something nice for me.

Kristen Ashley (2011-03-04T08:00:00+00:00). Rock Chick Rescue (Kindle Locations 5001-5002). Unknown. Kindle Edition.

Also, Eddie is 33.

ETA2:

This is what I was thinking of, but I had the years completely wrong.

"It's too late! The time to do that was fourteen years ago. You've been gone half my life!" I shouted, "We've moved on. It's over! You've got to get out of town, Dad, and stay gone. For your own good, but especially for ours."

Kristen Ashley (2011-03-04T08:00:00+00:00). Rock Chick Rescue (Kindle Locations 5326-5327). Unknown. Kindle Edition.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 14, 2012 12:43:30 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 14, 2012 12:44:06 PM PDT
Jean says:
Colleen, I think you're right about the 24 thing...that sounds familiar to me, too.

ETA: Should have waited a few more minutes to agree with the 24!!!LOL

Posted on Sep 14, 2012 12:44:25 PM PDT
gbaby says:
I always thought Daisy was early to mid-30s and Marcus late 30s to early 40s.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 14, 2012 12:48:38 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 14, 2012 12:51:03 PM PDT
Colleen says:
Hahaha!
Well, she was 14 when he left and it took 14 years for this to happen, so we were bound to get confused!
I wish KA would put up a profile of her characters
IE
Indy- 30 year old owner of Fortnums. Hooked up with Lee in Rock Chick.

So we could easily reference their ages and where we first saw them!

I'm off to search for Marcus's info.

Posted on Sep 14, 2012 12:52:49 PM PDT
Lol! Sorry ladies. I don't even know why it matters to me so much since they aren't primary characters but they are in each book so I feel like they are important. I love Daisy.

How sad is it I don't remember Jets age off the top of my head when I just finished the reread. I'll admit I skimmed some. I think she stated her age during the fight (argument) with Lottie when she first came to town.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 14, 2012 12:55:45 PM PDT
Jean says:
I saw on KA's website that so many people were requesting Daisy and Marcus's story that she was considering a novella. All we know is Daisy had a rough early life, she was a stripper, she was raped, Marcus rescued her, they were married, HEA. :)

Posted on Sep 14, 2012 1:02:14 PM PDT
Found it! She is 28! Location 7877' she says "trust my luck, after twenty-eight years to find my attitude and toss it around..."

Posted on Sep 14, 2012 1:03:07 PM PDT
Jean says:
I have NEVER "savored" a KA book. I fly through it to the exclusion of all else. This is why the re-read is important - for the details! I went all the way through Lady Luck picturing Lexie as a blonde. The re-read pointed out she was brunette! Had to put a whole new picture in my head. :)

Posted on Sep 14, 2012 1:10:44 PM PDT
Colleen says:
In all honesty, I skim whenever she describes. She over describes and I'm not a Jersey girl, so hair out to there isn't my cup of tea.

Posted on Sep 14, 2012 1:13:35 PM PDT
Jean, that's so funny! When I first read Jets story I thought she was a brunette in my mind! For some reason I always seem to get the hair color off.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 14, 2012 1:14:42 PM PDT
Colleen I do the same thing. I have the hardest time picturing huge teased out hair. Maybe because in the deep south we do the opposite and try to get rid of the large hair with our heat. Lol

Posted on Sep 14, 2012 1:20:03 PM PDT
Colleen says:
I can picture the hair, I just regret it whenever I do.
Her descriptions mostly make me think of Katy Perry's Last Friday Night video.
Yuckyyyy.
I did read one description once of Roxy that I liked (it was when she was in the safe room).

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 14, 2012 1:23:16 PM PDT
Jean says:
...and there was a nice description of Jules' hair for her first date with Vance - and it wasn't out to there. Of course, that might have been easy to miss since it was during the infamous "cherry popping" discussion.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 14, 2012 1:29:29 PM PDT
gbaby says:
ES~ Same here. I always picture Jet as a brunette.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Romance forum
Participants:  76
Total posts:  700
Initial post:  Sep 12, 2012
Latest post:  Mar 25, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 17 customers

Search Customer Discussions