Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Sixx AM Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Beauty Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer ctstrph2 ctstrph2 ctstrph2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl ReadyRide Bikes from Diamondback SnS
Customer Discussions > Romance forum

Kristen Ashley Addicts

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 201-225 of 700 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Sep 17, 2012 1:48:20 PM PDT
Jean says:
Enjoy it! Always nice to have a fresh, new (to you) KA book! Her ghost books aren't creepy or scary like you might think. They're pretty much just like another character. :)

Posted on Sep 17, 2012 1:58:47 PM PDT
I wasn't Worried about the scare factor but more of the unbelievable nature. Lol. But, it's KA, I'm sure I'll love it and then kick myself for waiting so long to read it! Lol!

Posted on Sep 17, 2012 3:40:28 PM PDT
KA sucks us into her books, that's why we can't leave the bubble. I have so many books in my TBR pile and I am doing a re-read of the Rock Chicks, on Sadie and Hector now. I read Creed after finishing Stella and Mace, and when I'm done this series I'm sure I'll start one of the other ones.

Posted on Sep 17, 2012 3:45:38 PM PDT
Vins says:
I liked Peace , Golden Dynasty, some of her books from Dream Series ...But I am kind of bummed that i am not liking Sweet Dreams ..I keep reading a lot of you guys who loved the book. I am kind of finding it slow . I stopped reading it half way through and started reading Creed , which I am liking a lot . sweet Dreams is her first book that I stopped reading half way through .

Posted on Sep 17, 2012 3:48:00 PM PDT
Seofin says:
Someone posted about those long separations and it's really not that common in her books. Why people make such a big deal out it, I can't understand it. If she wants to write about and people want to read about, why shouldn't? I for one will so keep on rereading For You and Golden Trail.

If you don't that don't. I't really not that big of a deal.

Posted on Sep 17, 2012 4:04:00 PM PDT
I might be the only weirdo that likes the separation books. I think it makes them deeper because there is already a big connection with the H and h. It isn't the "I just meet you but I love you forever instantly" books. Call me weird, but I like that depth.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 17, 2012 4:14:35 PM PDT
ambrosia says:
I wouldn't have such a problem with the long separation plot if it weren't for the fact that usually the H has moved on somewhat, married OW, and may have kids, whereas the h has only had meaningless short term affairs or one-night stands, never made an emotional connection, and does not have kids. Very one-sided.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 17, 2012 4:19:19 PM PDT
starsaga says:
@ESH, I agree, the separation is part of the story, there are infinite ways to write a story, KA chooses to have separation as a growth period for her characters.... And life goes on

Posted on Sep 17, 2012 4:42:19 PM PDT
Weren't Creed and Golden Trail the only separation stories where the H "moved on" and ended up with children because of it? In For You and in Rock Chicks (if you count that as a long sep) same goes for Breathe if you count that one as a LS there went other kids out of it.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 17, 2012 4:43:43 PM PDT
Starsaga, exactly. Life goes on. I love that she shows life. Most of the time the stories are believable because they seem like real life. I don't know many people who with a long sep would stay single for life. Lol

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 17, 2012 4:54:42 PM PDT
I think everyone's complaint is that there is either long separations or the hs are between 35-45 and do not have any children or had a good marriage/other relationship. Sometimes it is a combination of both long sep and the H has children w/ow. It's kind of hard to believe that KA's women reach that age group and have never had any children regardless of whether the partner was good or bad. It's normally the bad ones that are the babymakers (LOL!!!). Especially considering the ratio of ex-wives for the H. When you look at today's demographics there are a lot of single parent households, I think that's why a lot of people think it's not realistic.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 17, 2012 4:58:09 PM PDT
Romance Diva says:
No.

There was
Fairytale Come Alive
Games of the Heart (The 'Burg Series)

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 17, 2012 5:39:50 PM PDT
bookgrrl1976 says:
Can you really count games of the heart, though? They weren't together when he married someone else. They hadn't even considered a relationship.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 17, 2012 5:53:10 PM PDT
starsaga says:
Something that i really like about KA is that rarely (correct me if i am wrong) do the couple get into each other's pants within five minutes of meeting. It is often lust not love as the reason why they get together, but its not instantaneous-disrobing (no judgement here....i just dont like to read those beginnings in my romance-reading). In fact i love the fact that usually the h and H strike sparks off each other when the books start.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 17, 2012 5:56:36 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 17, 2012 6:17:18 PM PDT
Umm, I think in the Rock Chick Series it's a running gag to see how long the guy sleeps with or moves in with the girl. I think there's been some really quick ones like less than a month. It's been awhile since I read that series, though.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 17, 2012 6:10:50 PM PDT
starsaga says:
@Alexis, sure and you are right, i just like that her most of her stories have a little background to the first time between h and H, and in the separation-books (can we call it a sub-genre? ;-)) obviously there is a past. I like when two people struggle with the attraction when they meet and KA is especially good at creating that, imho

Posted on Sep 18, 2012 4:03:14 AM PDT
I'm just now reading Fairytale so I didn't have that one on my list. But, gah...heartbreak central.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 18, 2012 4:04:31 AM PDT
She sure is. KA can write sexual chemistry so well I can feel it!

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 18, 2012 7:40:41 AM PDT
Jean says:
Also, in For You Colt was married during the separation. The only reason he didn't have children was because she couldn't conceive. They were definitely trying, though.

Posted on Sep 18, 2012 7:53:57 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 18, 2012 7:54:41 AM PDT
JudyB says:
Started the Burg series after reading Dream Man/Colorado Mtn series, Knight, Rock Chick. Finished For You and loved it. Started At Peace last night and didn't want to stop and go to bed. Seriously, I have liked every book. Some were better than others but I think I am going to cry when I read a book I really, really don't like. I'm not a PNR person so I guess that's why I have stayed away from those. I just cannot believe I have been reading strictly KA books for over two weeks or more. And don't want to switch :) Will I eventually burn out?

Posted on Sep 18, 2012 8:05:33 AM PDT
Lol, JudyB...I've yet to burn out. I'll read something other than KA for a few weeks then I go on a binder of only KA. Lol. I've reread her books so many times it's not funny but they just keep getting better and better. I loved Joe...such a great story! The Burg books were a pleasant surprise for me. I avoided them for a while because the cover for For You was creepy as all get out. Lol. Same with her Fantasyland books, I avoided them because I wasn't sure about the whole paranormal/fantasy stuff but I loved them too. I'm kicking myself once again because I just started Fairytale Come Alive for the first time and I love it. I'm crying like a baby for most but it's a great book.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 18, 2012 8:06:32 AM PDT
Omg! I forgot about Colt being married! And that was pretty huge in the book too! Palm to forehead! Looks like I need to start my reread rotation up again!

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 18, 2012 8:09:29 AM PDT
It's almost comical to watch the initial disrobing. For example in the Rock Chicks there was ALWAYS an interruption for the first time they attempted to wam bam. So, you could just see it coming...added to the sexual frustration. Lol! She doesn't always make it easy (pun intended) for the H. Sometimes, though not often, she makes them work for it.

Posted on Sep 18, 2012 8:28:05 AM PDT
Jean says:
I also loved Joe. Hot. Hot. Hot. At Peace was the first book I read in the Burg series. I skipped For You until I had read all of the rest of them because...wait for it...I hated the name "February" LOL Still my least favorite of all of KA's books.

Who is everyone's favorite heroines? My very favorite is Lexie, with Gwen being a close second (except when she spilled Hawk's secret to Elvira, of all people). Wild Man was my first KA book and Tess's honesty and lack of game playing impressed the heck out of me and is what actually prompted me to read the rest of KA's books. So a big soft spot in my heart for Tess.

Posted on Sep 18, 2012 8:34:03 AM PDT
JudyB says:
@ES Harper - I don't think I will get to my other 200 TBR books anytime soon because I can already see me starting my initial re-reads after finishing the Burgs and reading Creed. Then I have two of the other Rock Chick books in my TBR. Trying to read all of them before I start my re-read but Hawk, Tate and Ty are calling my name...I can hear them now..
But I may need to re-read Knight either before or after Creed. I wonder if KA purposely set Knight up for redemption in Creed...
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Romance forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Announcement
Read fresh new romance stories - and tell the writers which parts you love!
25 1 day ago
Announcement
Amazon Discussions Feedback Forum
152 Feb 5, 2016
World of Romance. . . Rants & Raves. . . Thread #5 2721 17 minutes ago
Hero is Crazy in Love and Crazy Jealous/Possessive 6 411 25 minutes ago
The Best KU romance - full novels only please 212 30 minutes ago
Free Today Third Edition 2292 43 minutes ago
Harlequin Presents - Let's start at the beginning... a very good place to start - Number... 3933 47 minutes ago
Biker Romance Part 2 6500 54 minutes ago
Heroine keeps running away from hero or tries to kill herself? 13 58 minutes ago
The 2nd Bargain Kindle romance books that are also GOOD ... please, no promos in this thread 4379 1 hour ago
Dear book buying confessional........ 9780 1 hour ago
Second Chance Romance 5073 1 hour ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Romance forum
Participants:  76
Total posts:  700
Initial post:  Sep 12, 2012
Latest post:  Mar 25, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 17 customers

Search Customer Discussions