Customer Discussions > Romance forum

I Love Kristen Ashley but.....

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 65 posts in this discussion
Initial post: May 25, 2012 8:44:16 AM PDT
CMommy says:
I am tired of repeatition in her books. I've come to expect the h's are never going to get a full sentence out let alone a full word without being interrupted by the H, someone is always going to be whispering "Honey" or "Sweetheart", the ex-wife is always going to be a bad mother and a screaming shrew, there's always going to be at least a full paragraph or two about hair, make-up, or shoes.
But you know, even knowing all this I will still read her books.

In reply to an earlier post on May 25, 2012 8:47:46 AM PDT
HJ Leonard says:
I think if we had to wait a whole year between books, instead of reading 5-10 in a row, it wouldn't feel as obvious.

For myself, this particular formula of hers is my favorite. And believe me there are quite a few of her books that aren't.

Posted on May 25, 2012 8:54:12 AM PDT
CMommy says:
You're probably right about reading them close together. I guess we are a bit spoiled sense we don't have to wait very long for her books and I really appreciate the fact that they are long. I never feel like I get cheated when I buy her books.

Posted on Dec 12, 2012 8:53:04 AM PST
Bling says:
Agreed, They're very, very repetitive - also, girl says I love you first always, then acts really surprised when guy says it back to her; h is a good cook; h gets in danger in the very end; h is always called 'sweet' by H and many other things...but again, they're sort of addictive so...

Posted on Dec 12, 2012 9:13:14 AM PST
SAB says:
I just read the first three in the Colorado Mountain series and had to take a break before reading the fourth. I really enjoyed them but like you all have mentioned, the constant coffee making, describing each and every article of clothing, and danger that the h keeps getting into is getting old.

But I will give KA this, she sure knows how to write a hot love scene and I look forward to those.

Posted on Dec 12, 2012 9:20:44 AM PST
MBAButterfly says:
This is so funny. The way everyone loves KA, I felt like I was the only one who felt this way. I have to take long breaks in between her books, and, sometimes, I have to quit a book before I finish it and read some other stuff for a while before I go back. There are only so many whispered "honey"s that I can take in one book. :S

Posted on Dec 12, 2012 9:27:51 AM PST
MBA - it's not how many whispered "honey"s - for me it's the sheer number of times the word 'whispered' is used at all! I think it was in Sweet Dreams - or one of the other Colorado Mtn books - where I swear I was worried for the voices of both H/h as every other word/sentence they spoke was 'whispered!' Agree w/everyone - she is annoyingly repetitive, but for some odd reason, in her books it just works (or we learn to get past it because her books are weirdly addictive!).

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 12, 2012 9:38:13 AM PST
CyMac says:
It's not just you! I like KA a lot, but I gotta space 'em out as well. To date, I've only completed the Dream Man series. I know what I'm getting with the others, and I know where to go when I want that type of book. At the pace she's written until now, I'll have KA books for a good while. :)

Posted on Dec 12, 2012 9:57:09 AM PST
MBAButterfly says:
Did anyone enjoy her vampire book? Until the Sun Falls From the Sky I think was the name. I didn't finish it because the H was such an a** and the h was such a spineless wuss. Does it get better?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 12, 2012 10:00:32 AM PST
Lisa says:
To me, Until the Sun... got better at about 70%, after that point, it got much better. I almost did not finish it.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 12, 2012 10:15:38 AM PST
HJ Leonard says:
I did not like the book. I liked the second book fractionally better.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 12, 2012 10:24:08 AM PST
I did not like the book either. Couldn't stand the H or h, I finished it barely but did not really care what happened to either of them.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 12, 2012 1:28:24 PM PST
I DNF'd it, and decided never to read any of her fantasy/paranormals again. I'm picky about world-building. Her world-building isn't good at all.

I OD'd on her contemps around July & haven't really enjoyed one since. I barely made it through Motorcycle Man. I'm on a break.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 12, 2012 1:41:28 PM PST
HJ Leonard says:
Hugs!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 12, 2012 1:44:03 PM PST
You too. ;)

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 12, 2012 5:24:55 PM PST
It's quiet here . . . where is everyone hiding?

Posted on Dec 12, 2012 5:40:17 PM PST
Nahnee says:
I've just started reading Kristen Ashley a couple of weeks ago and have been devouring her books thanks to one-click shopping. I do take breaks between passages due to the urge of slapping the H for constantly interrupting and I always finish the h's sentences for her in my mind. However, I still really like her books.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 12, 2012 5:43:05 PM PST
Bitchie says:
I was just asking about you today, good to see you!

I'm still on my KA break. I like her stories, but they do get repetitive. I think the problem was we all discovered her at roughly the same time, she already had a whole bunch of books out, so we gorged ourselves on them to the point of sickness.

Now, I still need to read the vampire books and Creed. I think I'm up to date on Rock Chick, The Burg, and the Colorado Mountain series. If I had liked Knight better, I'm sure I would have already read Creed. I did start it, but it was around the time my Kindle died, and I just never got back into it.

Posted on Dec 12, 2012 5:48:51 PM PST
Nahnee says:
@Smut Mommy

Yeah I have been binge-reading Kristen Ashley's and a bit sick right now especially after reading The Golden Dynasty. That book really left a bad taste in my mouth and put me off the binge-reading.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 12, 2012 5:53:10 PM PST
Bitchie says:
Yeah that's one series I haven't made it to yet. In fact, I haven't read ANY of her more PNR series- the haunted house ones, the Fantasyland ones, or the vampire ones. I think I've hit all her contemps though, except for Creed.

Posted on Dec 12, 2012 5:53:13 PM PST
Russo says:
This is why I'm really curious to read her new books through her publisher. I think editing through a different set of eyes may take away some of the repetition of her books. Apparently I must be reading nothing but smut because yes I like her love scenes but sometimes I think its more "fade to black".

Posted on Dec 12, 2012 5:55:02 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 12, 2012 5:58:27 PM PST
Sugar Snacks says:
I LOVE Kristen Ashley, but I've stopped reading Creed (Unfinished Heroes) at less than the half way point.

*Spoilers*

It really upset me that the H not only married someone else, but then he had two kids with her, then he named the kids the names that the h had picked out for their future kids, THEN he left his wife whom he himself said was a good woman and completely loved him. The situation bothered me on so many levels I just stopped reading at that point. Even if the H and h some how salvage a happy ending I'm still going to be upset about the ex-wife that got the shaft...

That being said, I really really REALLY can't wait for the motorcycle club series :)

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 12, 2012 5:55:13 PM PST
Bitchie says:
I'm both excited and concerned to see what happens in her newer books. She DESPERATELY needs an editor, so I'm excited to see how much better they are, but she also has a unique voice that I don't want to see get lost.

Posted on Dec 12, 2012 6:01:46 PM PST
Nahnee says:
I'm looking forward to Tabby's story. I hope that because Tabby has got a lot of Tack in her, she would be able to get a sentence out before Shy interrupts. Or maybe that's just wishful thinking.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 12, 2012 6:11:31 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 12, 2012 6:12:01 PM PST
CyMac says:
Yeah, but didn't the ex-wife kinda of trick him into marriage by getting pregnant? Or maybe I'm just remembering that wrong. In any case, the whole situation was a little messed up, but I think there was blame on both sides.

Edited for typo
‹ Previous 1 2 3 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Romance forum
Participants:  28
Total posts:  65
Initial post:  May 25, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 17, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 5 customers

Search Customer Discussions