Customer Discussions > Romance forum

Need title - medieval romance - wounded warrior...

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 88 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 10, 2012 2:32:54 AM PST
JennyG. says:
I have trouble remembering the title of the following book:

A young woman is in an abbey. The mother superior tells her she has to clean up a warrior who may be dying from his wounds. The heroine grumbles all the way but goes to see him. When she sees the warrior she recognizes him. She tries to flee but he grabs her. He asks something like, "what are you doing here", meaning she is not a virgin. He would know since they had been together. He says he is going to kill her if it's the last thing he does to avenge his clan that she may have betrayed. She is obviously in love with this guy and only trying to protect him by being in the abbey. I'm sure it's all a big misunderstanding.

I hope you can help.

Thank you very much in advance.

Jenny

Posted on Nov 10, 2012 10:09:05 AM PST
CindyO says:
bump

Posted on Nov 10, 2012 10:50:38 AM PST
A Knight to Remember maybe?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 10, 2012 10:52:25 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 10, 2012 10:53:11 AM PST
JennyG. says:
Thank you, but that is not it. I have never read A Knight to Remember by Christina Dodd.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 10, 2012 11:12:59 AM PST
Doreen says:
This sounds good. Does the scene in the abbey take place at the beginning or later in the book?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 10, 2012 11:18:11 AM PST
JennyG. says:
If I remember correctly, in the beginning. I think it's in the first few chapters.

Posted on Nov 10, 2012 12:35:11 PM PST
Doreen says:
I don't think I've read it but I'd love to. Have you ever used the Historical Romance writers website?
http://www.historicalromancewriters.com/timeperiods.cfm
It has all kinds of searches like character names, time period, publisher, etc... I've had some luck finding long lost books there.
If you figure it out please report back :)

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 7:03:25 AM PST
AnekaTX says:
bump

Posted on Nov 15, 2012 12:02:18 PM PST
Doreen says:
Bump

Posted on Nov 16, 2012 12:18:50 AM PST
Tippi says:
bump

Posted on Nov 17, 2012 5:05:13 PM PST
[Deleted by the author on Nov 17, 2012 5:28:01 PM PST]

Posted on Nov 17, 2012 5:29:05 PM PST
Guess Who says:
Maybe it's Wonderful by Jill Barnett Wonderful

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 18, 2012 1:46:07 AM PST
JennyG. says:
No, that cannot be it. I have never read Jill Barnett books.

Posted on Nov 18, 2012 12:40:39 PM PST
Catniss says:
Do you know if it's an older bodice-ripper type or something newer? I'd really like to read this too and keep checking back but the mystery is never solved!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 18, 2012 12:41:57 PM PST
Doreen says:
I know, me too!
OP - Do you happen to remember the names or any other specifics?
(fingers crossed :)

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 18, 2012 12:44:34 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 18, 2012 12:44:49 PM PST
JennyG. says:
Sorry, no. I don't remember anything else, just the above info.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 18, 2012 1:12:50 PM PST
HJ Leonard says:
Jenny, you're killing me. I don't know the book, but now I want to read it!

Posted on Nov 18, 2012 1:21:52 PM PST
Bea Reader says:
Hannah Howell's Highland series? I can't remember the title.

Posted on Nov 19, 2012 8:18:31 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 20, 2012 9:02:09 AM PST
JennyG. says:
I've read only two Hannah Howell romances so far, Amber Flame which was reissued as His Bonnie Bride and Promised Passion. The rest of her books are in my TBR-pile.

I am not at home so I cannot get to my books to check. As soon as I can I'll let you know if it's either of those two books.

Thank you all for trying to help. :)

Posted on Nov 19, 2012 3:45:56 PM PST
******SPOILERS********* about His Bonnie Bride.

It's not His Bonnie Bride. The H and h met each other on a battle field when the h was a little girl. She tended to the H's father. When she was 18 the Hero was in England stealing (sheep?) and stole the h. The H ransom the h back to her father after they had an love affair. She comes back when she's pregnant and he marries her. Her father comes back to get her and after she has the baby the H comes back, and they make up! Sorry for spoilers!!

Posted on Nov 19, 2012 3:58:17 PM PST
J. Monroe says:
From what I recall, Highland Champion is the Hannah Howell book where the H, Liam

Posted on Nov 19, 2012 5:09:07 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 22, 2012 5:20:43 PM PST
acmer says:
It doesn't fit your whole description but Never Seduce A Scoundrel (Foxe Sisters Trilogy) is the closest one I can think of, only she's not in an abbey yet though she's sequestered, and she does tend to his wounds but he cannot remember their night together, only knows there's 'something' between them. So I don't think that's it but just in case.

Maybe a Donna Fletcher book? I'm pretty sure more than one of her heroines were in convents or something similar (probably why I can't recall specifics, they're all jumbled together) and at least one of her heroes gets there wounded, but can't think of one where they had known each other previously (but again, my memory of them is fussy).

Posted on Nov 19, 2012 5:49:39 PM PST
Tippi says:
I was thinking Donna Fletcher too. The story sounds very familiar and the girl was in a monestray.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2012 5:54:33 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 19, 2012 6:03:50 PM PST
cathyr says:
Isle of Lies by donna fletcher
"Moira Maclean is summoned by Mother Abbess in the dead of night. Frightened and worried and with no time to dress, she rushes in her night dress and bare feet to discover disturbing news. Her father and brothers have been killed by a rival clan and it is her father's dying wish that she wed the Highlander warrior he sent to keep her safe." http://www.donnafletcher.com/?p=20

Maybe?

ETA
Also The Highlander's Bride by Donna Fletcher
"Forced to marry . . .

Cullen Longton was stunned by the news: he has a son! Cullen is now determined to find his child, who was stolen by a vengeful enemy, and has followed the trail to a nunnery in the Scottish Highlands. A beautiful, desperate woman promises to assist him in his quest . . . for a price.

But powerless to resist her

Sara McHern is a prisoner behind convent walls, where she must remain until her father finds her a husband. Cullen's arrival is the answer to her prayers-and she will reunite him with his son only if he agrees to wed her. Then passion ignites, and a marriage of convenience is suddenly transformed into something fiery hot. Cullen never imagined he would surrender his heart to this feisty lass, but as they struggle to escape the web of deceit that surrounds them, love may be the only thing that will save them. "

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 20, 2012 9:04:52 AM PST
JennyG. says:
Sorry, no. None of the suggested books are the book I am looking for.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Romance forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Romance forum
Participants:  42
Total posts:  88
Initial post:  Nov 10, 2012
Latest post:  Jun 21, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 26 customers

Search Customer Discussions