Customer Discussions > Romance forum

Oh my god... What have I done?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 355 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jun 22, 2012 11:38:59 AM PDT
Romance4Ever says:
Hello,
I am looking for books in which the H has done something to drive off the h. I love when the h leaves the H and he has the moment of "Oh my god, what have I done?" This is usually followed by the H doing some much needed groveling (the more the better), and I would love it if the h didn't give in too easily. The books I am looking for need to have HEA of course. Thank you for the help!!

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 22, 2012 11:47:58 AM PDT
Bitchie says:
There is something like that in Her Forbidden Hero by Laura Kaye. He's an ex-Special Forces soldier who has nightmares every night, but doesn't want Alyssa, the love interest to know he's screwed up.

He's noticed he's slept better the last few nights, but doesn't know why until he learns she has been sitting by his bedside at night (they are not "together" at this point, she is just staying with him while looking for a place), soothing him when the dreams come. He blows up at her for the "invasion", so she packs her stuff up and runs off. Of course, this is when he realizes he really loves her, and has to grovel his sexy behind off.

This is fresh in my head because I just read it this week.

Posted on Jun 22, 2012 11:49:02 AM PDT
ICA says:
Rude Awakening was mentioned in another thread recently. I believe it has what you are looking for. I have started reading it and really like it so far, but I'm only about halfway through. I haven't gotten to the groveling part yet, but I'm pretty sure someone else in the other thread mentioned that he did a lot to win her back.

Posted on Jun 22, 2012 12:02:35 PM PDT
Romance4Ever says:
Thank you both!!

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 22, 2012 12:08:23 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Jan 16, 2013 1:32:41 PM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 22, 2012 12:15:04 PM PDT
Bitchie says:
Self promotion isn't allowed except in the Meet Our Author's forum, even if it fits the OP's request.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 22, 2012 12:39:19 PM PDT
Cybercliper says:
Here's some I really liked:

Simply Love - Catherine Anderson
If You Deceive - Kresley Cole
Wanting What You Get (Stepp Sisters, Book 2) - Kathy Love
Yours Until Dawn - Theresa Medeiros
This Loving Land - Dorothy Garlock
Flowers from the Storm - Laura Kinsale

I love this kind of plot also and have some others on a trope list but I haven't read them yet.

Posted on Jun 22, 2012 1:47:59 PM PDT
Risk Everything (Zebra Debut) by Sophia Johnson
Once a Ferrara Wife... (Harlequin Presents) by Sarah Morgan
Lady Gallant by Suzanne Robinson
No Choice But Seduction: A Malory Novel by Johanna Lindsey
Highland Knight and Highland Vow by Hannah Howell

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 22, 2012 1:50:27 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 22, 2012 1:50:51 PM PDT
Yours Until Dawn - Theresa Medeiros

Wonderful book - but more a heroine "what have I done?" book.

Posted on Jun 23, 2012 12:35:31 AM PDT
Peppicheep says:
Lady Gallant Both the What have I done moment (and it is a real moment when the H see all he has unfairly done to the h) and the grovel (not just a one time but over several weeks) are good

Posted on Jun 23, 2012 3:41:38 AM PDT
read4fun says:
Almost Heaven, but the h is the one groveling.

Posted on Jun 23, 2012 6:48:14 AM PDT
MJ says:
Rugged by Tatiana March

Loner, grumpy rancher who pushes people away, h hasbroken through the H heart, H pushes her away, h leaves, H realized what he has done tries to grovel but she is fed up his hot/cold treatment, H does something drastic to get her back.

Posted on Jun 23, 2012 11:01:40 AM PDT
If You Love Me and Heaven Knows by Elaine Coffman.

Posted on Jun 24, 2012 7:54:28 AM PDT
sab says:
whitney my love by judith mcnaught actually fits this request to the t, because the 'what have i done' moment occurs twice in the bk

Posted on Jun 24, 2012 2:35:27 PM PDT
tag says:
After the Night by Linda Howard. After they get together he says something so stupid and hurtful to her. At this point in the story they have the major hots for each other but not a lot of like. He knows what he said was really bad and he felt like a jerk( which he was ). There was no real grovel but I thought what he did was better. He left a series of messages on her answering machine that changed in tone from the first to last. It was in keeping with his personality(jerky).

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 24, 2012 2:37:47 PM PDT
T. Smith says:
I loved the messages on the answering machine and her responses (to herself of course). That was a great scene.

Posted on Jun 24, 2012 11:33:47 PM PDT
Peppicheep says:
None of Linda Howard's H do a good grovel. I enjoy her books greatly, but the H can treat the h like feces and does nothing to really redeem himself ( Loving Evangeline (Silhouette Romantic Suspense Bestselling Author) and A Game Of Chance (Silhouette Romantic Suspense Bestselling Author)I'm looking at you)

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 25, 2012 12:45:42 AM PDT
Annie says:
Lol @ feces...that was a first though slightly more....disgusting.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 25, 2012 2:53:28 PM PDT
S. Norfleet says:
I really liked Rescue Me: A Novel by Christy Reece. It is more or a Romantic Suspense then a straight romance but I loved it and even shed a tear or two.

Posted on Jun 25, 2012 7:48:18 PM PDT
T214T1987 says:
Whitney My Love is the iconic romance novel for this type of theme

Posted on Jun 25, 2012 8:13:40 PM PDT
T. Smith says:
That "Oh my God" moment is always my favorite. He doesn't drive her off, although he treats her pretty rough in the beginning, but A Hunger Like No Other (Immortals After Dark, Book 1) definetly has that moment. There is a scene when he is talking on the phone to someone and he find out all the little facts about his mate that he didn't know. And every single thing he learns is like a blow to the gut. Loved that scene.

Posted on Jul 1, 2012 10:52:21 AM PDT
Another one that might interest you is His Majesty, the Prince of Toads by Delle Jacobs. The H woke after a drunken night in the h's bed and her brother forced him to marry her. He thinks they just trapped him and he leaves immediately for the war, leaving his bride behind. He returns some years later, when his older brother has died and he is now the heir. The fun part is when the H, who has consistently looked down his nose at his bride realizes that, yes indeed, he was the guilty party in that little fiasco for getting rooms mixed up when he was drunk. He also has to deal with a wife who is fed up with him and ready to rub his nose in it.

Posted on Jul 1, 2012 11:50:39 AM PDT
Rescue Me by Rachel Gibson: They weren't supposed to get attached to each other but they did, etc.. There isn't so much a "what have i done" scene as a slow build up (it lasts like a chapter or 2) were the H gets desperate to have the h back and the h is desperate to let the H go. There is a great scene in a parking lot outside a bar that made me cry. I thought the book was great. :)

Heaven, Texas by Susan Elizabeth Phillips: After getting fed up with the H, the h calls it off and the H won't hear it and tries to act like he doesn't care but he absolutely does and goes crazy, gets drunk, insults the h in public, ends up in jail, escapes to chase the h down the road and literally grovels on his knees in the middle of the street. I shouldn't give so much away but it was such a spectacular scene, I've never forgotten it. :)

Posted on Jul 1, 2012 12:21:16 PM PDT
wondercat says:
Heaven, Texas has my favorite WTF moment.

Posted on Jul 1, 2012 3:52:06 PM PDT
Kiss an Angel by Susan Elizabeth Phillips also has a good moment. It also has a lot of angst for those who like that.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 15 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Romance forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Announcement
Amazon Discussions Feedback Forum
105 Jun 10, 2014
FREE on Kindle = Oldies from the 70s, 80s or 90s 795 6 minutes ago
A message to all on Romance forum 1 6 minutes ago
World of Romance. . . Rants & Raves. . . Thread #3 6187 9 minutes ago
Looking for a book/title 1 9 minutes ago
HP discussion. Good bad and inbetween. 8592 16 minutes ago
Can't remember the name of this book... 4 38 minutes ago
Fans of k-dramas... please help 4015 44 minutes ago
ILLNESS 20 51 minutes ago
Honorable heroes please, contemporary 3 1 hour ago
Snowed in 10 1 hour ago
Biker Romance Part 2 1913 2 hours ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Romance forum
Participants:  98
Total posts:  355
Initial post:  Jun 22, 2012
Latest post:  19 days ago

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 59 customers

Search Customer Discussions