Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it The Pop Ups Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro
Customer Discussions > Romance forum

help with title heroine has burns hero is a sheriff

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 10 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 7, 2012 8:26:37 AM PST
Neeta says:
Requesting help again... this one is at least a couple of years old. The heroine was attacked in her city office and as a result suffers some burn scarring (I think it started out an attempted rape but the bad guy ended up burning her). She goes home to her parents and their small town to recuperate (and also to stay out reach of the bad buy who got away I think). The hero is the local sheriff.

Posted on Nov 7, 2012 9:10:41 AM PST
Colleen says:
That kind of sounds like Robyn Carr's Whispering Rock (Virgin River).
The h doesn't have burns, but was attacked by a former defendant in her home. She goes to her brother's home and hooks up with his friend, who was LAPD and is now on disability. He's offered the position of sheriff (not really, because it's not a state funded position, but a private police officer for the town).
Regardless, it's a great book/ series.

Posted on Nov 7, 2012 11:09:41 AM PST
Akinna says:
Hi Neeta!

Could this book be the one you're looking for? Burning Reflections

Posted on Nov 7, 2012 5:42:57 PM PST
Neeta says:
Thank you thankyou Akinna, I do believe that was the one!!!!!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 10, 2012 8:50:22 AM PST
ireneci says:
can you give some spoilers, please? the book is good? Why did they divorced?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 12:23:23 PM PST
Akinna says:
That's great, I'm happy I could help! :)

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 12:24:32 PM PST
Akinna says:
Sorry, I haven't read it. I've been thinking about it but never gotten around to buying it..

Posted on Nov 29, 2012 1:16:43 AM PST
Bling says:
I'd like to know why they got divorced too. Anyone?

Posted on Nov 29, 2012 7:46:51 AM PST
Neeta says:
okay for those that wanted SPOILERS!!!!!

They got divorced because of a few things: they were in New York at the time and he was heavily into the thrill of working undercover and wouldn't give it up when she was terrified of the danger it kept putting him into, plus he wasn't overly supportive of her legal career and finally whenever she mentioned children he panicked and kept saying he wasn't ready. One interesting thing about the story - they've been friends, best friends, teenaged sweethearts and married, then divorced and throughout the book, there's no mention of either of them having other lovers, before they got together or after their divorce. I actually got the impression they have been each other's first and only.

Posted on Nov 29, 2012 11:46:37 AM PST
D. Arnold says:
Burning Reflections:
I read as well and liked the book. Didn't feel there was a over use of angst but just what the book needed for the story. Liked both the characters and the story worked for me. Also liked how the story was an actual love story. They didn't 'hook' up with others even though they were separated. They were still in love with each other and no one else would do. They divorced still in love with each other they couldn't deal with the extras in the big city. There was no "wh*****" around by either and they didn't have major misunderstandings. Worth the reading time imo!
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Romance forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Romance forum
Participants:  6
Total posts:  10
Initial post:  Nov 7, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 29, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions