Customer Discussions > Romance forum

Looking for heart stopping, stomach twisting romance books.

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-13 of 13 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Oct 29, 2012 4:23:02 PM PDT
I have been searching high and low for romance books (old or new) that are mainly about the h getting into trouble (kidnapped, shot at, stabbed, abused) and the H rescuing her. The kind of books that leave my stomach in knots wondering if the H got to her in time and if the h is going to survive. Some of the books along that line that I have read already just to use as comparison are:

ALL of Kristen Ashley's books, excluding the paranormal series.
J.M. Hill - Saving Grace
Teresa Mummert - White Trash Beautiful

I'm not big on vampire or paranormal books.
I also love and would like to find more books along the line of:

R.L Mathewson - Neighbor From Hell series (HILARIOUS and great romance story)

Jamie McGuire - Beautiful Disaster

So....any helpful suggestions you can send my way, I would GREATLY appreciate it!

Thanks,
Annie

Posted on Oct 29, 2012 4:27:19 PM PDT
Robin Wilson says:
Have you read any of Julie Garwood's contemporaries? What about Judith McNaught? If not, give them a try.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 30, 2012 6:35:02 AM PDT
Thanks! I will check those out! :)

Posted on Oct 30, 2012 12:36:00 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 30, 2012 12:36:49 PM PDT
Lovely D.M. says:
Black Ice and On Thin Ice by Anne Stuart

To a lesser extent, Cheyenne Amber by Catherine Anderson

Posted on Oct 30, 2012 1:04:06 PM PDT
Lori Foster has a series beginning with When You Dare (Men Who Walk the Edge of Honor), which is chock full of hs who are kidnapped, shot, brutalized, menaced, etc. I enjoyed the books very much.

I just finished a good book, but it is kinda light in the romance dept.,Marked in Mexico.

Posted on Oct 31, 2012 5:34:02 PM PDT
Do you only want contemporaries? I have a lot of historical such as, The Rogue and the Lily (Lovegram Historical Romance) by Diane Gates Robinson where the h is one of the brides sent by the King of France to marry lonely men when Louisiana was a French possession.

Wild Hearts by Virginia Henley where the h is initially kidnapped by the H for ransom, but their relationship quickly grows beyond that.

The Devil Wears Plaid by Teresa Medeiros where, once again, the h is kidnapped at the alter by the H for ransom but he soon finds he must defend her from being killed by her bridegroom who wants to discredit the H. Flame (Lovegram Historical Romance) by Evelyn Rogers is about a woman who was left pregnant by her soldier love and travels to his post to marry him. He is killed by Indians just as she arrives and the H marries her when his dying friend asks him to give the baby a name.

Stolen (Leisure historical romance) by Penelope Neri where the h is a thief who is kidnapped by the H, an escaped Jacobite when he finds her in the home of the Duke of Cumberlain's house when he goes there to kill her in retribution for the deaths of most of his family. He can not quite ever bring himself to kill her and has to marry and protect her on the ship they use to escape to the American Colonies to make a new start.

In the historicals, most of the Hs first put the h in danger, then spend the rest of their time getting them back out of it. All are interesting reads.

For contemporary, Catherine Mann has a good book, Hot Zone (Elite Force: That Others May Live) where the H has to first rescue the h and her newly adopted nephew from a collapsed building after an earthquake and then from black market child sellers.

Breaking Point (An I-Team Novel) by Pamela Clare where the H is a captured undercover DEA agent and the h is a journalist who has been kidnapped by the same people holding the H for use as a sacrifice. After she helps him escape, they must escape the pursuing gang, even in the US.

Posted on Nov 12, 2012 8:14:55 PM PST
Midnight Rainbow by Linda Howard
Night Magic by Karen Robards

Posted on Nov 12, 2012 8:43:25 PM PST
E says:
ashannon K. Butcher has 3 great books that match what you're looking for.

No Control, No Regets and No Escape

Posted on Nov 24, 2012 3:14:02 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 24, 2012 3:14:33 PM PST
Carole says:
I think you would like Lisa Marie Rice a lot. And I second Pamela Clare's I-Team series.

Posted on Nov 24, 2012 6:03:56 PM PST
LTR says:
I really enjoyed Pamela Clare's Breaking Point but did anyone else snicker at the idea of the guy having such vigorous s** when he's got broken ribs? I'm all for letting reality slip but that was pretty funny to me.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 25, 2012 7:48:06 AM PST
Tala says:
Years ago my DH had a motorcycle accident and broke some ribs and his foot. *blushing* Didn't slow him up one bit. I think he said something like..."If I'm gonna get some time off of work we're going to enjoy it."
He did sleep in the next day.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 25, 2012 7:54:29 AM PST
Oriana says:
Give 'The Lovers' a try or 'The Long Hot Summer' by Amber Andrews. In both books the H (TDH, blue eyes & Royal Marine) falls in love with ravishing heroine, comes to the rescue and they have loads of sex especially in 'The Lovers'. I couldn't put it down! Sue

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 25, 2012 12:17:05 PM PST
Sue - what a gorgeous cover!
Looks good.
Click :-)
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Romance forum
Participants:  11
Total posts:  13
Initial post:  Oct 29, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 25, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 8 customers

Search Customer Discussions