Customer Discussions > Romance forum

Recommended (free) reads on Wattpad

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 131 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jul 1, 2012 11:36:17 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 1, 2012 11:41:53 AM PDT
Adnana says:
I only recently discovered wattpad when, looking for mature YA reads, I happened to stumble upon some interesting books published on this site. These are free, unedited reads, so of course there were some grammar/spelling/... issues, but not major enough to overshadow my enjoyment of the story.
Then I started looking for more stories, but I had trouble finding any that were well written and didn't completely butcher all that is proper grammar.

Therefore I'm creating this thread, asking people who've read GOOD stories on wattpad, to recommend them.

All genres welcome, but please try to include a short description of the story you're recommending.

Posted on Jul 1, 2012 11:40:23 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 1, 2012 11:40:44 AM PDT
Adnana says:
I'll start with a first recommended read:

Playing Evelyn by jules130, at http://www.wattpad.com/story/440865-playing-evelyn-watty-awards-2011

Book Description:

Evelyn never wanted to be noticed at school. She dressed in unassuming clothes and kept to herself. Until the day that she slipped up and caught the attention of the school's bad boy.

Gabriel had a bad reputation but after being paired together for a home economics project, Evelyn begins to realize that there's more to him than meets the eye.

Will Evelyn let Gabriel into her double life? Will she ever let him hear her music?

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 11, 2012 10:29:19 AM PDT
Beeg Panda says:
Adnana, love this discussion - been waiting for something like this cos I've found really good stories on Wattpad - as unedited as many are, they beat, hands down, some edited, published works, by well known authors.

My favourite author on Wattpad is Kirsty1000 - and my fav book by her is: -

Fighting to be Free (Completed work) - http://www.wattpad.com/story/273762-fighting-to-be-free-completed

Blurb:
Jamie Cole has had a hard life and has just been let out of jail for murder. Before he went to jail Jamie ran with the local gang, upon his release he's determined to go straight but will the leader let him? One more job is what he's promised but this one job seems to be leading to two, then three and he's not sure he'll ever escape his old life. He meets Ellie one night at a club, she's just broke up with her long term boyfriend and isn't looking for anything serious which suits them both. Jamie finds himself drawn to her and now he has another reason to change, she knows nothing about his past and he wants to keep it that way.

******SPOILER******* Watch out for the end ....but......

She's busy with the sequel: Ricochet.

Posted on Jul 11, 2012 1:59:20 PM PDT
Susan says:
Loved Playing Evelyn!!! Putting Fighting to be Free on right now.

I enjoyed Nothing Left to Lose by kirsty1000 too, although I thought it was a bit too long.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 11, 2012 4:28:31 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Aug 14, 2012 10:12:56 AM PDT
Adnana says:
Susan, I hope you won't mind if I post additional information about the book you recommended (I've also read and enjoyed this story).

Nothing Left to Lose by kirsty1000, at http://www.wattpad.com/story/26269-nothing-left-to-lose-completed

Annabelle Spencer's life is perfect, she has the perfect parents, perfect friends and of course the perfect boyfriend Jamie.
On her 16th birthday her life comes crashing down around her when Jamie is murdered right in front of her, and she is kidnapped by Carter Thomas a big time drug and arms dealer.

After five months of being with Carter she's found, but the experience has totally changed her. She's no longer the happy go lucky girl, she's now cold, hard, she suffers from night terrors and is afraid to let anyone touch her. She pushes everyone away thinking that if she doesn't let anyone in then she won't ever get hurt again. Her slogan for life is now 'If you don't care about anything you have nothing to lose'.

Carter's currently serving time for the murder of Jamie, a conviction she helped secure. But his re-trial is coming up, as some key evidence appears to have been tampered with. Death threats are coming in from his organization, they want him released and will stop at nothing for that to happen.

Ashton Taylor is a newly qualified SWAT agent who gets assigned to guard her, slowly he starts to re-build her life, but is she too far gone to let him help her? And if she can let him in, is it already too late?

Posted on Jul 11, 2012 6:32:47 PM PDT
Susan says:
Adnana--no problem. I liked the story. I think it would be a great published book, but I have specific criticisms of it. It was too long, had some drawn out irrelevant scenes and their references to each other drove me crazy (just too much repetition). Other than that, I thought it was a deep, engaging story.

Posted on Jul 12, 2012 4:03:05 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 12, 2012 10:03:15 AM PDT
Mercered says:
Loved Playing Evelyn! I'm waiting for Rock Prodigy to finish so I can read it, it might already be done I haven't checked in a while.

I've been on a wattpad marathon the past couple of days and liked My Second Chance Mate by Kauigirl.

Harmony wanted nothing more than to meet her mate, but when she does the love she expected is replaced with rejection. Her mate rejects her for her sister, making it difficult for her to be around them. So she does the only thing she can think of. She moves to Hawaii to live with her uncle and his pack. Once there she tries to get on with a mate less life after rejection, then she meets someone who makes that impossible. Follow her journey from rejection to hopefully a happily ever after, even if Harmony no longer believes in those.

Posted on Jul 12, 2012 6:11:14 AM PDT
Bookseeker says:
I like very much Their Paid Girl, lovely story about a gorgeous girl in college that for money goes out with guys on dates (no sex). The H is a gorgeous super popular guy, they clash from the beginning but then after they become friends and then fall in love in a believable way. Lots of chemistry, the dialogues are great and is actually funny...This author has a lot of potential.
The problem? It is not completed and is driving me insane!!!!

Posted on Jul 12, 2012 7:50:00 AM PDT
CMommy says:
I recommend hmmcghee. She has some really great stories. She currently has 18 completed stories and is in the process of writing her 19th. She also has a published book with Amazon called "My Own Worst Nightmare". Her name is Heather McGhee. My favorite Wattpad story by her is "Tweaking Mr. Right". I also enjoyed "Love Untold".

Posted on Jul 18, 2012 6:49:30 AM PDT
Just bumping this , I'm addicted to wattpad atm & after more stories to read . Anyone have some authors I can fan/stalk :)

Posted on Jul 21, 2012 5:33:58 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 21, 2012 5:41:43 AM PDT
Beeg Panda says:
Has anyone read this one by XxSkater2Girl16xX, called A Proscriptive Relationship? A student/teacher story with over 800 000 reads.

http://www.wattpad.com/403012-a-proscriptive-relationship-1

I heard about it somewhere but for the life of me can't recall the reviews and I'd like spoilers before I do - if anyone can share pls?

ETA - goodness, I just watched the Trailer and wew! I need to read this one!

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 21, 2012 5:54:12 AM PDT
gbaby says:
Bookseeker~This sounds really good, but I don't know if I can start a WIP. Does it appear that it's close to being complete? How often does the author update?

Posted on Jul 22, 2012 4:43:13 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 22, 2012 4:45:50 PM PDT
Jill says:
Ive read these recently and were good reads

Ive been a very bad baby sitter by hooha84.. pretty funny and sweet!

Never have I ever by farawayfromnowhere ...Angst type romance.

The deal with Mr. Player by bellasonline

Posted on Jul 22, 2012 4:46:27 PM PDT
Jill says:
Any new recs?.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 22, 2012 5:24:24 PM PDT
gbaby says:
Jill~ "Never Have I Ever" looks really good (I just glanced over the Prologue). It looks like a WIP, though. Do you know how often the author updates?

Posted on Jul 22, 2012 6:28:37 PM PDT
Jill says:
@Gbaby....not sure. I just found it recently. I hope its soon. I hats when people start a story and never finish

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 23, 2012 7:19:55 AM PDT
Bookseeker says:
gbaby - The last time the author updated was in June 24th....grrrr! Hate that, the story is really really good, the character development, dialogues, chemistry, has lots of potential.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 23, 2012 8:48:10 AM PDT
gbaby says:
Ok, thanks Jill and Bookseeker!

Posted on Jul 26, 2012 3:51:43 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 26, 2012 4:10:34 PM PDT
If you like werewolf stories this is the best one The Wolf Cave http://www.wattpad.com/4364672-the-wolf-cave , its not completed but the author updates often :) This author also has another story which is a Thriller called His To Keep which is also good .

Posted on Jul 26, 2012 4:46:52 PM PDT
Love Junkie says:
Thanks TAND will check it out...

Posted on Aug 8, 2012 8:04:04 AM PDT
Jill says:
Ok. So here are the latest that ive read and liked.

Broken from the inside -hooha84
How to tame a bad boy -hooha84
I've been a very bad babysitter -hooha84
ANYTHING BY HOOHA84 IS AWESOME!

Dangerous love -brokenpromises37
Playing Evelyn -jules130
The deal with Mr. Player -bellasonline
The mobster I love -Emika _Hoshi
Big fat liar -xxwhoatemycookiexx

Posted on Aug 8, 2012 8:33:15 AM PDT
Susan says:
Jill--how would you rate the others you listed on a scale of like to awesome?

Posted on Aug 8, 2012 10:05:07 AM PDT
Jill says:
@Susan. Broken from the inside is a five star for me. Like I said anything by hooha84 is a total five star it is for me anyway. I only listed my favorite stories I have on wattpad. I didn't list stories that we're just ok.

Posted on Aug 8, 2012 11:25:43 AM PDT
A. Valentino says:
I recently discovered Wattpad and I am addicted. I really enjoy the "Men of Sports" series and the "Men in Uniform" series by 'SleeplessInChicago'. Both of these series tie into each other, the children from the couples in "Men of Sports" find love in the "Men in Uniform" series.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 8, 2012 10:20:13 PM PDT
Jill, I could not find 'broken from the inside' . Every other book by hooha84 is there. Can you send me the link? Thanks
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Romance forum
Participants:  27
Total posts:  131
Initial post:  Jul 1, 2012
Latest post:  Jul 24, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 22 customers

Search Customer Discussions