Customer Discussions > Romance forum

Ilona Andrews - Gunmetal Magic?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-7 of 7 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 28, 2012 6:24:42 PM PST
Magelet says:
I've recently started reading the Kate Daniels books after recs here when I was looking for another Urban Fantasy series. I'm currently on book 3 and I have books 4 and 5 in my TBR pile. I've just seen that there's also Gunmetal Magic though, which also includes a novella about Kate/Curran?, and I wondered where it fits into the timeline? Do the events happening to Andrea in GM happen after book 5 or before? I'm slightly anal about reading series in order! :)

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 28, 2012 7:06:50 PM PST
ambrosia says:
Gunmetal Magic takes place AFTER book 5. It's about Andrea.

Posted on Nov 28, 2012 7:11:28 PM PST
Peppicheep says:
And the Kate/Curren is an expanded version of something that you have already seen in book 4 (I think it may be in 5 but I think it's 4 -- I'm at work so I can't check the books)

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 28, 2012 7:24:14 PM PST
ambrosia says:
I approve of people being anal when it comes to reading books in order. :-)

If the Kate/Curran novella is an expansion of something in an a prior book, it would have to be book 5. Andrea wasn't in that situation before then.

Posted on Nov 28, 2012 7:58:30 PM PST
The Kate/Curran novella covers what Kate is doing while Andrea is having her adventures. :) They do end up tying together. I think you'll want to read the novella first if you are a stickler for series order. The novella was first released last Christmas, well before GM was released.

Posted on Nov 28, 2012 8:47:17 PM PST
Magelet says:
Awesome, thank you! :) Is Andrea and Raphel's on/off romance resolved in Gunmetal Magic? Does the book have a HEA or at least Happy for Now ending as far as that couple is concerned, or are there going to be more separate books featuring them?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 28, 2012 9:09:01 PM PST
Yes, it is resolved. :) And yes to your other concern too. While I know Andrea & Raphael will likely be in future Kate books, I don't know that there are plans for another Andrea book. I think there is going to be a Jim & Dali book. Of course, who knows what will happen. I think GM did really well for a spinoff. I'll be happy with whatever we get. :D
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Romance forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Romance forum
Participants:  4
Total posts:  7
Initial post:  Nov 28, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 28, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions