Customer Discussions > Romance forum

Romance with hero who cold hero who swears a lot??

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-11 of 11 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 21, 2012 8:17:02 PM PST
darcycrzd says:
Hey guys!

So I'm looking for a contemporary romance novel that I read a while back with an extremely attractive but cold, mean hero who swore a lot (like every other word a lot). I remember the opening scene of the novel had the heroine (heroine was poor while hero was rich) attending a party at his apartment with her friend and he gave her a ride back to her apartment afterwards (he actually showed up at the very end of the party right when heroine was leaving). After realizing how in incredibly crappy and unsafe her apartment complex was, he "spoke" to the manager and got him to fix the locks, lights, etc. the next day without the heroine knowing it was his doing. I also remember during the party, everyone used the hero's bedroom as an unofficial coat room and then he got angry and threw them all in the hallway. If anyone could help me find it that would be great! I only read the beginning but it seemed like it would turn into one of those cold-hero-turned-softie-for-heroine kind of romances which is actually one of my favorite types of romances to read so I really want to get my hands on this novel again as soon as possible!!

Oh and sorry if the post title is kind of misleading but feel free to suggest any other romance novels (doesn't have to be contemporary) that have a mean, cold hero who swears a lot. I know some people have a problem with swearing in romance novels but personally I think that when used right, it just makes the moments when he's super sweet to the heroine all the more...well sweeter. :)

Posted on Dec 21, 2012 8:20:50 PM PST
Tala says:
I don't know it, but it sounds good. Hope someone knows the answer.

Posted on Dec 21, 2012 8:25:14 PM PST
OOhhh, I'm intrigued!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 21, 2012 8:48:38 PM PST
Dog Lover says:
Oh Sheesh - I really want to know about this one.

Can you remember anything more? A name of the H or h? His profession? Anything?

This is gonna keep me up all night.

DL

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 21, 2012 8:50:12 PM PST
Tala says:
I've been looking everywhere myself. Gonna be a long night.

Posted on Dec 21, 2012 8:54:33 PM PST
H,T, says:
Knight (The Unfinished Hero Series) Kristen Ashley

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 21, 2012 8:57:11 PM PST
Dog Lover says:
Well shoot.

The description looks as if it is the one. However, the "story" appears to be based on acceptance of sexual behavior. That is fine and good but not my cuppa. I was hoping for some true storyline rather than erotic stuff.

Drat.

DL

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 21, 2012 9:00:37 PM PST
Dog Lover says:
The reviews are VERY helpful, I think - the 3,2, and 1 stars are specific about this book.

DL

Posted on Dec 21, 2012 9:50:35 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 21, 2012 10:16:43 PM PST
BookHawk says:
I just reread Knight and it sounds just what you described.If your unsure about it I can loan it to you or anyone who would like check it out. Pretty much all of Kristen Ashley books H swear a lot.
Any J.R ward books tend swear as well.
Black Butterfly fits cold hero that swears.There are some pretty hot sex scenes but it doesnt drive plot
Sempre (Forever) has young jaded hero that has potty mouth.
Sweet as Sin
These hero tend swear but they not really cold
Hearts In Darkness
Playing for Keeps (Neighbor from Hell)
Perfection (A Neighbor From Hell Book 2)

Posted on Dec 21, 2012 10:50:08 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 21, 2012 10:50:28 PM PST
Bling says:
Flawless by Kimber Chin. This book was DNF for me because of the excessive swearing but you *might* like it. Let me warn you, however, that I am in no way a prude about swearing but this book irritated me because every sentence, EVERY sentence the hero spoke (No exaggeration) had the F-word.

Posted on Dec 21, 2012 11:18:49 PM PST
darcycrzd says:
H,T,:

That's it thanks! It was really bothering me. But after checking out the sample for the book and reading some of the reviews...well I now remember why I had stopped reading it. I guess I had romanticized it in my head just a little. :) Okay maybe a lot hahaha!

But thanks everyone and if you have any more suggestions feel free to post some more. Hope the book is better for other though than it was for me!
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Romance forum
Participants:  7
Total posts:  11
Initial post:  Dec 21, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 21, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions