Customer Discussions > Romance forum

Rachel Gibson

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-12 of 12 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 5, 2012 4:33:09 PM PST
Shamoo says:
I just read my first Rachel Gibson book, True Love and Other Disasters. I enjoyed the banter between the two. Do her books get better or are the older books better? For alot of authors their best work is their older books, I'm wondering if thats the case here. I like a steamy novel, so if the older books tend to be PG 13 please let me know. Thanks!

Posted on Nov 5, 2012 4:36:01 PM PST
she doesn't have a high steam factor, but from what i have seen the banter between the mc occurs in most of her books

Posted on Nov 5, 2012 4:43:03 PM PST
J. Perez says:
I've enjoyed all the Rachel Gibson books I've read because of how her characters interact. I doubt you'll find any that are "bad." As for "steam factor," I'm more into witty dialogue and great plots so I couldn't comment on that piece since I generally skip over sex stuff in books.

Posted on Nov 5, 2012 4:50:43 PM PST
Shamoo says:
In the book I read, I was ok with the steam factor because of the great chemistry between the characters. I just don't really like books that skip and/or abbreviate the steam, I think it adds to the characters. Thanks for the comments!

Posted on Nov 5, 2012 4:53:21 PM PST
Kassie says:
I read See Jane Score (Chinooks Hockey Team) and really liked it. I have Simply Irresistible (Chinooks Hockey Team) on my tbr list, just haven't had time to get to it yet.

Posted on Nov 5, 2012 5:32:25 PM PST
NathalieM says:
I discovered Ms. Rachel Gibson a couple of yrs ago & I've devoured all her books. The steam on all her books (for me) are from 2 to 3 stars (4* for me are books in the genre of Jaci Burton 'The Perfect Play' & 5* is for Erotica books so 2-3* are hot & steamy but not too much). I also do love & prefer her older books but a couple of her recent ones are pretty good too. Here are my 2 cents on the books I read & have in my collections...

I. Books I read & I love them:
Sex, Lies, and Online Dating
Simply Irresistible
True Love & Other Disasters
Nothing But Trouble
Any Man Of Mine
It Must Be Love
True Confessions
See Jane Scores

II. TBR pile: Truly Madly Yours (Heard a lot of good buzz on this one but haven't had time to read it yet)

III. Books I read but they are not in my keeper shelves:
I'm In No Mood For Love
Tangled Up In You
Not Another Bad Date
The Trouble with Valentine's Day
Rescue Me

So enjoy! Off I go to find new authors to read now... :)

Posted on Nov 5, 2012 5:52:16 PM PST
Shamoo says:
Natalie- I would agree with your steam factor rating. Thanks for suggestions. I see you read and enjoyed the only one I've read, sounds like we have similar tastes. Thanks!

Posted on Nov 5, 2012 7:18:11 PM PST
MegMeg says:
I read and loved all of hers. Sex, Lies, and Online dating is my favorite and then The Trouble With Valentine's Day was really cute. Really liked her Chinook Series as well.

Posted on Nov 5, 2012 10:38:24 PM PST
Annie says:
The onky book two books that i ever liked of hers were "truly, madly, yours" (even though it was a blatant rip off of Sandra Browns "slow heat in heaven") and "lola carlyle reveals all".
They have a solid plot. Occasional rereads for me when i run out of reader material.

Posted on Nov 5, 2012 11:06:38 PM PST
smess NZ says:
Ive liked all her books. In fact when i read them a few years ago i thought they were pretty steamy then but books are getting steamier now ;)

Posted on Nov 5, 2012 11:48:11 PM PST
Sunshine says:
I love her Chinook series too, but the one book I've read over and over and over again is Truly Madly Yours. :)

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 6, 2012 12:45:20 AM PST
NathalieM says:
@Tinkerbell-aaarrrgggh! Now I really have to move this book on top of my TBR pile so that I'll read it next :)

@N. Khaliq-I love Sandra Brown's books since 'Slow Heat In Heaven' is one of my favorite...I will read 'Truly Madly Yours' next to compare.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Romance forum
Participants:  9
Total posts:  12
Initial post:  Nov 5, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 6, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions