Customer Discussions > Romance forum

Hurricane Sandy

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 117 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Oct 28, 2012 6:46:32 AM PDT
C. Lopez says:
Anyone in the northeast, I'm in NJ, praying power does not go out before Tuesday's new books come out. I dont want anything interfering with my Darynda Jones download!

Posted on Oct 28, 2012 7:30:18 AM PDT
Annie says:
Im in NYC, i havent even started preparing yet.

Most likely i wont be able to study so ive downloaded some books to pass my time.

Posted on Oct 28, 2012 8:58:49 AM PDT
Susan says:
I'm in eastern PA and people are going crazy here. I've got friends whose husbands are frantic to buy generators, etc. Personally, I'm making sure the kindle is fully charged and has enough books to keep me busy for a few days. As a backup plan, I bought extra batteries for the reading light in case I need to rough it with real paper. Any last minute recommendations for must-reads during a hurricane? I probably should have saved The Mighty Storm...

Posted on Oct 28, 2012 9:03:45 AM PDT
I'm in Viirginia & I've charged up my laptop and all my devices. I also have batteries too. I'm planning on reading through the whole storm!

Posted on Oct 28, 2012 9:04:33 AM PDT
HJ Leonard says:
I'm in the DC area, and things are crazy here as well.

One good thing I noted to my husband, my kindle and our phones and laptops can all be charged in the car with either the usb, or a car/plug adapter. Plus, I have an iPhone with the tethering, so if the power goes out (and wi-fi), we are still able to use the laptop to go online, if we need to. :)

I really hope, for everyone in the target areas of this storm, that it isn't as horrible as they fear it will be.

Best wishes for everyone.

Posted on Oct 28, 2012 9:16:59 AM PDT
Love Junkie says:
I'm in Delaware and it's already raining on and off....Kindle is charged up and also have several books I picked up from the library...

Posted on Oct 28, 2012 9:39:57 AM PDT
i'm in MD, not far from HJ and yeah everyone is freaking out...so far here, clear sky and no wind

Posted on Oct 28, 2012 9:58:46 AM PDT
Splinker says:
Fill up your bathtubs.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 28, 2012 10:26:32 AM PDT
bknyfinest1 says:
In NYC. I'll definitely be home tomorrow since there is no mass transit. Charging my devices. As long as I can read I'm good.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 28, 2012 10:33:10 AM PDT
Splinker says:
And pee and flush. That's what the bath tub water is for.

Posted on Oct 28, 2012 10:42:23 AM PDT
MelissaB says:
My in-laws in Lancaster PA and my mom in central PA are freaking out, my MIL was running around looking for a generator.

We live further west near Pittsburgh so it shouldn't be as bad for us. The only thing I am worried about is saving my frozen milk for my baby, I can't replace that. If we lose power we lose our heat so if it stays off for awhile we have to go to a hotel because I have a 7 month old.

My mom and MIL keep texting to ask if we are prepared! LOL

Hope everyone along the coast is okay, I am also charging up my Kindles and iPhone just in case.

Posted on Oct 28, 2012 11:02:44 AM PDT
readtoomuch says:
in NYC now, but slowly packing up to head to my parents in the mountains of northwest NJ before the GWB or Lincoln Tunnel closes.

power was out for 5 days last year due to Irene, so I'm expecting something similar, but hoping for the best. Have a flight out to Los Angeles on Thursday that's still looking good. I'm breathing a huge sigh of relief, because I had originally planned to fly out on Monday the 29th. whew

Hope everyone stays safe and sane during the next 48 hours and thereafter.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 28, 2012 11:05:03 AM PDT
TravelingGal says:
My daughter is in NYC too - now I'm starting to freak out. :-)

Posted on Oct 28, 2012 11:24:22 AM PDT
flipoid says:
I hope everyone in the affected areas stays safe.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 28, 2012 11:25:27 AM PDT
readtoomuch says:
NYC should be fine, but just remind your daughter to keep you updated (constantly) *wink* to ease your worries =)

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 28, 2012 2:52:38 PM PDT
TravelingGal says:
Thanks. Poor kid - I must have texted her 20 times today already, but I think she's ready. The only kind of bread left in their little grocery store was hamburger buns so she may be living on peanut butter sandwiches made with hamburger buns. :-)

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 28, 2012 3:38:06 PM PDT
HJ Leonard says:
Canned tuna is always good. ;)

Posted on Oct 28, 2012 3:42:05 PM PDT
LeePA says:
I'm. Just outside Philadelphia and our hatches are battened down. Got the necessities...flashlights, water batteries and my kindles charged. Did the grocery store thing yesterday and now we're just waiting. Everyone in Sandy's path be safe!

Posted on Oct 28, 2012 3:55:18 PM PDT
I'm in Boston. Be safe everyone.

Posted on Oct 28, 2012 4:16:06 PM PDT
L. Burns says:
I'm in Connecticut. The kids are thrilled because school has been cancelled at least thru Tuesday. We'll probably see the worst of it tomorrow; nothing much happening yet. The kindle is charged, we have a gas hot water heater and fireplace...who needs lights???? Best of luck to everyone in Sandy's path! My fingers are crossed for those living along the shoreline :(

Posted on Oct 28, 2012 5:03:03 PM PDT
story of my life...Federal Gov't in DC is closed - I fall outside of there, we have to report to work; other agencies in our building day off, we have to show up; metro and all public transport closed- I drive to work...FML!!

Posted on Oct 28, 2012 5:41:34 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 28, 2012 5:42:25 PM PDT
in MD. started raining

Posted on Oct 28, 2012 6:19:21 PM PDT
Russo says:
I just read the 1st post on this thread and started laughing! I just posted something to the same effect that I would be pissed if the power goes out because then I won't be able to charge my kindle! Be safe everyone!

Posted on Oct 28, 2012 6:32:59 PM PDT
Tippi says:
I live on a small Island in Florida and we had rough rains, winds and thunder and lightning for a couple of days. I thought we'd be getting worse but now I hear the storm's passed us to the North. I pray everyone in Sandy's path is safe and sound. I will be praying. God bless.

Tippi

Posted on Oct 28, 2012 6:35:27 PM PDT
Jill says:
I'm in southern Vermont. Irene ripped threw Vermont and caused so much destruction with lives lost so now I'm freaked for sandy. I'm all stocked up on things. If power goes out and we have 80 mile an hour winds as predicted here. I wont even be able to concentrate on reading! I'm so nervous.

Stay safe everyone!
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Romance forum
Participants:  45
Total posts:  117
Initial post:  Oct 28, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 11, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 6 customers

Search Customer Discussions