Customer Discussions > Romance forum

Wallflower Series

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 48 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Oct 19, 2012 8:40:33 AM PDT
SAB says:
Just wondering which one everyone enjoyed the most? I have yet to start the series and I have my hands on Devil in Winter and I'm itching to start it. Not sure if I can get the others.....so would it be okay if I started in the middle or would it ruin the rest?

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 19, 2012 12:17:34 PM PDT
V says:
My favorite is definitely "Devil in Winter". I originally started the series with this book and went back to start book 1 and then 2 and then 4. I don't think it will ruin anything if you start with "Devil in Winter", if anything after reading it made me interested enough to read the other books. IMO "Devil in Winter" was the best one by far. I just LOVE Sebastian!!!

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 19, 2012 12:18:45 PM PDT
SAB says:
Okay...awesome. Thanks for responding!!!

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 19, 2012 12:37:35 PM PDT
V says:
No problem. Hope you enjoy it :)

Posted on Oct 19, 2012 12:47:14 PM PDT
Lord Rose says:
I have to agree with liking Devil in Winter the best by far. (I actually didn't like It Happened One Autumn (The Wallflowers, Book 2) much at all, and didn't finish it, but I love Devil in Winter.)

Posted on Oct 19, 2012 12:56:56 PM PDT
JennyG. says:
I loved Secrets of a Summer Night (The Wallflowers, Book 1). The others I found forgettable.

Posted on Oct 19, 2012 1:06:13 PM PDT
B. McClure says:
Devil in Winter is definitely the best, imo. A big benefit to reading the others first is that you can meet all the characters and get a sense of what happened before DIW. IHOA wasn't my favorite either, but it definitely ends with a bang and sets up DIW nicely. I thought the first one was good. I thought it showed good character and relationship development, as well as introduce characters and set them up for their stories.

Posted on Oct 19, 2012 2:45:46 PM PDT
Devil in Winter is my fave of the series, as well as one of my all-time faves!!! I prefer reading a series in order. Seeing how Evie grew from the first book to the third one and seeing what a totally bad guy Sebastian was in the second book, definitely made me enjoy DiW that much more!

Posted on Oct 19, 2012 3:01:36 PM PDT
E. Benoit says:
Devil in Winter is my favorite from the series and possibly one of my all time favorites period. I usually only like to read things in order and I think reading books 1 and 2 help you get a sense of all the characters, but I'll agree with everyone else you could read it on its own.

Posted on Oct 19, 2012 3:10:06 PM PDT
Robin Wilson says:
I recommend that you read them in order; then you can understand even more how Sebastian transforms because of his love for Evie. It is a wonderful romance and worthy of a place on the keeper shelf. Enjoy!

Posted on Oct 19, 2012 8:46:14 PM PDT
Devil in Winter! It's my favorite!

Posted on Oct 19, 2012 8:50:29 PM PDT
NearSighted says:
I agree that "Devil in Winter" was my favorite -- but they're all so good, I think you should read the entire series in order, so that you can get to know the characters.

Posted on Oct 19, 2012 9:16:33 PM PDT
i have no problem reading a series out of order, and in fact did read DIW first...but as someone else already said-by reading the books in order you get to see how much they both change for each other.

Posted on Oct 19, 2012 10:12:56 PM PDT
read4fun says:
I second Robin Wilson, Sebastian's transformation makes a lot more sense if you read the previous two books. For me too "Devil in winter" is the best of the four!

Posted on Oct 19, 2012 10:53:05 PM PDT
MegMeg says:
Devil in the Winter and Secrets Of a Summer Night are equally my favorites. I also adored the Christmas novella, "A Wallflower Christmas". But I read the whole series and liked them all soooooo much. On of my favorite series' EVER!

Posted on Oct 20, 2012 6:21:12 AM PDT
DVC Bunny says:
I'll agree....Devil in Winter....best of the series

Posted on Oct 20, 2012 6:43:49 AM PDT
tealadytoo says:
I've had "It Happened One Autumn" and "A Wallflower Christmas" from the UBS on my tbr pile for ages, but held off reading them in hopes the others would come in and I could read the series in order. Finally gave up and ordered used copies of the other 3 so that can get through them in time to add Wallflower Christmas to my holiday reading. Starting "Secrets of a Summer Night" this week!

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 20, 2012 6:57:48 AM PDT
Tammie says:
MegMeg, I totally agree with you about the Secrets of a Summer Night and The Devil in Winter being my favs also. I also really liked Rafe's story in the Wallflower Christmas. I think I enjoy all of Lisa Kleypas' series :)

Posted on Oct 20, 2012 7:02:12 AM PDT
read4fun says:
tealadytoo, I wish I hadn't read the series yet just to enjoy it for the first time again!!! You are in for a treat :)

Posted on Oct 20, 2012 8:50:09 AM PDT
Meowmix101 says:
Devil in winter is my fav as well

Posted on Oct 20, 2012 10:33:06 AM PDT
Pheebers says:
Just re-read them all for the nth time, and my opinion hasn't changed. Devil in Winter is absolutely my favorite, possibly my favorite romance ever. Secrets of a Summer Night comes in second. It gets some bad reviews because Annabelle is seen as mercenary, but she's actually concerned about money to protect her family, and she and Simon both acknowledge it and laugh about it. Daisy's story really didn't grab me - it had one of those "if only he had shared his secret earlier" major climaxes (no pun intended) which was resolved rather unbelievably and with no detail.

Posted on Oct 21, 2012 8:58:22 AM PDT
Lbadger99 says:
I second Jenny G.

Posted on Oct 22, 2012 8:58:23 AM PDT
SAB says:
Oh...thanks everyone! I might try and see if I can get all the books now before I start Devil In Winter. Sounds like I will enjoy them all. I'm a huge Kleypas fan and I'm sure that she won't disappoint!!!

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 22, 2012 9:47:42 PM PDT
I am normally a thousand percent against reading a series out of order, but rules are made to be broken and I think I started this series with Devin in Winter (book 3). I was in such a hurry to read "scoundrel" books that I up and went against my rules. I have since read books 1 & 2 in the series

I still believe it is best to read a series in order, but since I broke my own rule, I can't vote against it
But, it really would have been better if I would have read the series in order cause the characters are so interwoven that I lost something by reading them out of order. As I read the other books I kept having ah ha moments when I remembered a little tidbit from a previous book that would have made that moment all the more sweeter if I would have remembered it sooner.

I not only read the series out of order-it made me jump back and forth between this series and the Hathaway series..and the Bow Runner series...and the Gambler series...

I guess when I derailed myself I really went full kilter....the bottom line is I still have books from these series on my shelf that I haven't read cause the series have been a bit "ruined" for me...I blame it on Lisa Kleypas (terrific writer) and the gals from all these threads that tempt me to be enticed into such foolishness..that's my story and I am sticking to it

Posted on Oct 22, 2012 11:19:01 PM PDT
Aussie Girl says:
Yes, Auntie Sherrie, I learnt that lesson a while ago.... to gain maximum reading enjoyment read series in order... LOL>
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Romance forum
Participants:  28
Total posts:  48
Initial post:  Oct 19, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 14, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions