Customer Discussions > Romance forum

Sexually abused HERO

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 248 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 3, 2012 7:49:55 PM PDT
Camille says:
I have read a couple books where the hero in the story had suffered from sexual abuse. I find this interesting, albeit heartbreaking, from a psychological viewpoint, as usually it's women in these stories who are the victims (plus everyone loves a tortured hero!). Can anyone recommend a book, or books, with this theme? Genre/time period isn't important. Thanks

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 3, 2012 8:04:40 PM PDT
Jenna Reads says:
Dearly Beloved (Signet Regency Romance)

I think she has another with another abusive situation, but can't recall the name.

Posted on Nov 3, 2012 8:14:47 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Nov 3, 2012 8:15:24 PM PDT
Tippi says:
Zsadist in LOVER AWAKENED (A BLACK DAGGER BROTHERHODD BOOK).
Jamie Fraser OUTLANDER (I think he gets abused as an adult) not sure, just read book once.
ACHERON. That was one tormenting read.

Posted on Nov 3, 2012 8:27:52 PM PDT
Lord Rose says:
Historical
Her Husband's Harlot (Mayhem in Mayfair #1) by Grace Callaway- H was a chimney sweep and abused by his master
To Seduce an Angel (Berkley Sensation) by Kate Moore- H was kidnapped and abused by his kidnapper

Paranormal
Demon from the Dark (Immortals After Dark Series, Book 8) by Kresley Cole

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 3, 2012 9:40:52 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Nov 3, 2012 9:42:45 PM PDT
V says:
Lover Mine (Black Dagger Brotherhood, Book 8) by JR Ward. H was raped when he was younger.

Gabriel's Woman by Robin Schone. H is a former prostitute who now owns a brothel. H was raped by two men years before the book started.

Fallen From Grace by Laura Leone. H is a prostitute. He was raped when he was younger while he was trying to earn money on the street.

Posted on Nov 3, 2012 10:00:12 PM PDT
Acheron (Dark-Hunter, Book 12) (Dark-Hunter Novels) by Sherrilyn Kenyon (many of the books in the Dark Hunters series have H's who were sexually abused).

Marly's Choice (Men of August Book 1) by Lora Leigh. This series is traumatizing (spell?). These H's truly needed a psychiatrist.

Lover Mine: A Novel of the Black Dagger Brotherhood by J.R. Ward. John is a reincarnation of Darius (one of the original brothers).

Born of Night (A League Novel) by Sherrilyn Kenyon. Several of the H's in this series were abused.

Posted on Nov 3, 2012 10:11:50 PM PDT
read4fun says:
The Shadow and the Star (Victorian Hearts) Angsty read

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 3, 2012 10:58:49 PM PDT
Mary Jo Putney has two others in addition to Dearly Beloved: Silk and Shadows: Book 1 of the Silk Trilogy & The Spiral Path (Circle of Friends)

Judith James: Broken Wing & Libertine's Kiss

Liz Carlyle: Never Deceive a Duke & The Devil You Know

Katherine Sutcliff: Darkling I Listen

Nora Roberts: Honest Illusions. Rising Tides: The Chesapeake Bay Saga #2 and a couple of the others from that series

Inez Kelley: Sweet as Sin

There's a long older topic on raped heroes here:

http://www.amazon.com/forum/romance/ref=cm_cd_pg_pg1?_encoding=UTF8&cdForum=FxM42D5QN2YZ1D&cdPage=1&cdSort=oldest&cdThread=Tx20EDQ67357TW7

Posted on Nov 4, 2012 6:20:32 AM PST
Arual says:
Though not particularly a romance, Edward, Edward: A Part of His Story And Of History 1795-1816 Set Out In Three Parts In This Form Of A New-Old Picaresque Romance That Is Also A Study in Grace by Lolah Burford fits everything else you're looking for. It's a tough, wrenching read.

Posted on Nov 4, 2012 7:07:03 AM PST
[Deleted by the author on Nov 4, 2012 7:07:50 AM PST]

Posted on Nov 4, 2012 7:31:14 AM PST
MJ says:
Seeing Blind by Katie Allen

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 4, 2012 8:42:45 AM PST
Do you mean Breaking the Silence ? I've read seeing blind and I don't remember any abuse, could be wrong though it's been a while.

Posted on Nov 4, 2012 8:50:39 AM PST
Lisa says:
Although it's been a while since I've read these books, but in Sweet as Sin I recall John Murphy was physically abused only, not sexually. And as for Seeing Blind, Ty the sheriff? Hmmm, I really don't remember that was part of his character.

Posted on Nov 4, 2012 9:25:04 AM PST
LTR says:
I was thinking of Breaking the Silence when I read this thread too. I just read it a few days ago, based on recommendations from another thread, and I loved it -- I've already read it twice already and would highly recommend it.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 4, 2012 11:08:53 AM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Sep 2, 2013 4:53:58 AM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 4, 2012 11:35:25 AM PST
HJ Leonard says:
Both of those books were very good.

Posted on Nov 4, 2012 11:58:05 AM PST
A Customer says:
Captive in the Dark: The Dark Duet and it's sequel Seduced in the Dark: The Dark Duet (Volume 2) Be warned these are dark books and the "hero" can also be considered the villain.

The Pirate Prince (Ascension Trilogy) by Gaelen Foley
Princess: (Book 2 in the Ascension Trilogy) by Gaelen Foley

Posted on Nov 4, 2012 12:24:42 PM PST
Camille says:
This is awesome, guys! I will check out all of these, thank you. Keep it coming LOL

Posted on Nov 4, 2012 3:01:25 PM PST
Shadow: 9 (New Species) is the ninth book in the series. H and h were both sexually abused.

Posted on Nov 4, 2012 8:11:58 PM PST
Camille says:
Bump

Posted on Nov 5, 2012 12:06:13 PM PST
Camille says:
Bump

Posted on Nov 5, 2012 7:19:08 PM PST
L. Burns says:
In the Arms of the Wind - The H is raped (as an adult). The rape itself occurs offpage; the H/h dealing with the aftermath plays a big role in the story. (contemporary)

Posted on Nov 6, 2012 11:25:42 PM PST
SheReadsALot says:
Bump

Posted on Nov 6, 2012 11:53:26 PM PST
incognito says:
My votes on Acheron (Dark-Hunter, Book 12) loved(!!!) that book :)

Posted on Nov 8, 2012 6:45:11 PM PST
Camille says:
Bump
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Romance forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Romance forum
Participants:  82
Total posts:  248
Initial post:  Nov 3, 2012
Latest post:  May 4, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 31 customers

Search Customer Discussions