Customer Discussions > Romance forum

Suggestions for Rock Star/Band romance

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 115 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Mar 18, 2011 8:57:25 PM PDT
L. Cialini says:
Hey y'all I've been trying to find more books like Backstage Pass: Sinners on Tour because I absolutely LOVED it.

Any suggestions?

I will be eternally grateful, I've been looking for like 3 weeks! :)

Posted on Mar 18, 2011 9:02:10 PM PDT
Luv2read says:
Voices and Lies [Rock Hard Seduction 1] (Siren Publishing Classic)
This is the first in a series about 4 band members, maybe in the end there is a 5th band memeber. All are unique, kinda sexy too. Great reads.

Posted on Mar 18, 2011 10:03:10 PM PDT
Redwithabook says:
I read a paranormal romance called Taste Me by Tamara Hogan a lead singer in a band pretty good has lots to do with her coming back from her tour, writing music, and other such things. She's a siren and her H us a incubus.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 19, 2011 1:40:24 AM PDT
Kathy Morgan says:
You might enjoy the "Wicked" Series by Lily Graison - about four members of the rock band Wicked. The stories are definitely on the lighter side of Backstage Pass, but still fun and sexy.
Wicked: Tempt Me Not (Wicked Series) [ book 1 ]
Wicked: Leather and Lace (Wicked Series) [ book 2 ]
Wicked: Jade Butterfly (Wicked Series) [ book 3 ]
Wicked: Sweet Temptation (Wicked Series) [ book 4 ]

Posted on Mar 19, 2011 8:22:16 AM PDT
"The Cowboy Plan" by Denise Belinda McDonald

I read the sample and it looks like a good story.

Posted on Mar 19, 2011 9:14:35 AM PDT
Lissa says:
"Strangers" by Barbara Elsborg has a rock singer hero. It's a good book, one that I really enjoyed.

Posted on Mar 19, 2011 9:41:51 AM PDT
D. Roberts says:
"Rock Charisma" by Joan P. Cooley is a very good mystery romance, with a rock star and a beautiful reporter falling in love.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 19, 2011 6:05:52 PM PDT
L. Cialini says:
L2R: That sounds pretty good! I added it to my list, thanks!

RwaB: I have actually discovered Taste Me, and it's on my list, but I'm glad you recommended it! I switched it from my thinking-about to my to-read list. :)

Kathy: I added the series to my thinking-about list, the plots seem a little cheesy.

MBD: Ooo It sounds good! I'll give it a shot! Thanks!

Lissa: Cool! I'm game for that one! It sounds exactly like what I'm looking for.

D.R.: Sounds great! I'll give it a go!

Thanks so much for all the suggestions! Keep em coming y'all!

Posted on Mar 19, 2011 6:08:53 PM PDT
Songbird: A Linger Story - Maya Banks might fit what you are looking for

i know tons of M/M that fit the request but i know they aren't for everyone

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 19, 2011 6:38:43 PM PDT
L. Cialini says:
I've read Songbird, I didn't like it all that much, and yea, I'm not one for M/M. I don't mind MMF (or any variation thereof) but MM isn't for me! It's why I'm having so much trouble with this topic, I've been finding a lot of MM and not much else. Thanks! :)

Posted on Mar 19, 2011 7:35:55 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 19, 2011 7:42:10 PM PDT
L. Burns says:
I haven't read it yet, but Tibby Armstrong's Sheet Music is about a journalist that has an affair with a rock star. I did read The Cowboy Plan, which Music Box Dancer mentioned, and I enjoyed it. The H is a Country Western star and the h is an "average Jane". Both characters are in their early/mid 30's.

ETA: Deborah Grabien has a mystery series where the main character is a guitarist in a rock band. Not "Romance", but much of the storyline focuses on the character's relationship w/ his long-time girlfriend/wife. The first one is Rock and Roll Never Forgets: A JP Kinkaid Mystery

Posted on Mar 19, 2011 7:41:28 PM PDT
Lissa says:
<<Lissa: Cool! I'm game for that one! It sounds exactly like what I'm looking for.>>

I wrote a review of it. I'm a voracious reader, but I don't write many reviews. A book has to really stick out for me to do that. This one sort of "stuck" with me for a while. It's a very emotional read. Both the hero and the heroine have to go through a lot of changes to make their relationship work and it's done in a very realistic fashion.

Posted on Mar 20, 2011 3:34:48 AM PDT
Lily Rose 81 says:
The Ballad Untold by Mandy Anstine. H ans h are both rock stars
Sheet Music: A Rock 'N' Roll Love Story/For All The Right Reasons by Ann Lister; Hs are the rockstars
When I Remember Love by Trish Silver

Posted on Mar 20, 2011 3:41:31 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 20, 2011 3:45:23 AM PDT
Lily Rose 81 says:
@Cialini
I was planning to read the series after having read the excerpt for Sed and Jessica's story... but I like my relationships to be monogamous so I gave it a pass finding out what happens here and in the first book between Trey, Brian and Myrna..otherwise it'd have been perfect for me.

Posted on Mar 20, 2011 3:52:12 AM PDT
Public Secrets by Nora Roberts has as its main characters the members of a rock band and the daughter of the lead singer/songwriter -- it begins in the 60s and carries through to the 90s ...

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 20, 2011 8:53:33 AM PDT
L. Cialini says:
Lily Rose: Yea, that part kinda sucks, but it's only a couple pages, and I generally skip it because it's not important. That part doesn't really make sense to me because Brian is so possessive but the book is REALLY good. You should consider giving it a shot. Thanks for the recs! :)

Posted on Mar 20, 2011 9:21:21 AM PDT
ap2010 says:
Til the Stars Fall by Kathleen Giles Seidel
Groom Wanted by Pat Ballard

Posted on Mar 20, 2011 10:31:34 AM PDT
JerseyGirl says:
What the Librarian Did

Posted on Mar 20, 2011 10:55:30 AM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Nov 20, 2011 3:30:09 PM PST]

Posted on Mar 20, 2011 11:54:38 AM PDT
Laura Leone: The Black Sheep Heroine is a rock star sent to hero's quiet island (by his brother her manager) on a retreat and disrupts his intentionally quiet publicity free existence. Her band and posse follow.

Posted on Mar 20, 2011 12:27:31 PM PDT
Sarah says:
Jane by April Lindner is one of the best books I've read this year. It's a retelling of 'Jane Eyre,' but Mr. Rochester is a rock star. It's technically a young adult book, but a very mature one (ie-there are mild sex scenes).

Posted on Mar 21, 2011 3:24:13 AM PDT
Lily Rose 81 says:
@Cialini
I could skip that but I KNOW it happened.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2011 2:53:44 AM PST
Beeg Panda says:
Luv2read - is there any cheating/betrayal in this series Rock Hard Seduction by Tonya Ramagos? I like the whole theme but am wary about cheating and other women, esp as its a rock band who is reknown for that in romance books. I loved Love Unscripted by Tina Reber but half way through the book there so so much betrayal and hurt that it turned me off completely.
Also does each book have a complete happy ever after? with absolute closure and we'd have to wait for another sequal for closure?
If you couls totally "spoil" the book for me i will be eternally greatful as Im feeling like some rock romance righ now lol, but wont read it without full spoilers
ta

Posted on Nov 19, 2011 1:52:10 PM PST
Jenn says:
How to Kill a Rock Star Is my most favorite. h moves the city to be with her brother. H is her roommate and member of her brother's band. Excellent book! I reread it every couple of months.

Posted on Nov 19, 2011 2:02:57 PM PST
I'm surprised no one has mentioned Thoughtless and Effortless by SC Stephens. You can get them on Feedbooks, I believe. Kellen is in a band that just plays locally in book one, but goes on a larger tour in book 2 and has to leave the h alone while he's away rocking it out.

Unwritten Rules is about a guy who plays in a band, but he isn't really a "rock star".

Some I have on the kindle but haven't read yet:
Rock MeUnleashed
For All The Right Reasons
All the Wrong Reasons
Rock Hard

I can also name tons of m/m romances featuring rock stars, if you are interested.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Romance forum
Participants:  63
Total posts:  115
Initial post:  Mar 18, 2011
Latest post:  Jun 19, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 27 customers

Search Customer Discussions