Customer Discussions > Romance forum

Romance: Virgin Heroine

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-14 of 14 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Sep 11, 2012 3:27:20 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 11, 2012 3:30:13 PM PDT
Hi everyone!

I have been looking for some good books to read and haven't really had any good luck so far. I was just wondering if someone (or many someone's) can give me some suggestions.

What I'm really looking for in a book is a virgin heroine whose one and only is the hero in the story. I really like cowboy/farm books, historical is good, contemporary, and some paranormal. Some of my favorite themes are marriage of convenience, scarred hero/heroine, less than beautiful or over weight heroine finds sexy hero, also bad boy meets the virgin.

I really prefer sweet romances with moderate sex in them but I can also deal with the more graphic stuff to. I absolutely don't like anything with three somes or rape.

Thanks! And I can't wait to here your suggestions!

Posted on Sep 11, 2012 3:33:00 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 11, 2012 3:34:03 PM PDT
Lord Rose says:
Most historicals have virgin heroines. In fact, it would probably be far more productive to list which historicals DON'T have virgin heroines.

For non-historicals, try this thread: http://www.amazon.com/forum/romance/ref=cm_cd_search_res_ti?_encoding=UTF8&cdForum=FxM42D5QN2YZ1D&cdThread=Tx1IS6M6O5C0DXK

This thread might also be useful: http://www.amazon.com/forum/romance/ref=cm_cd_search_res_ti?_encoding=UTF8&cdForum=FxM42D5QN2YZ1D&cdThread=Tx13XIPXJD2LLP1

For your preferred themes, try looking at these lists: http://www.likesbooks.com/lists.html

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 16, 2012 7:01:40 AM PDT
Thank you so much! This really helps a lot. :)

Posted on Sep 16, 2012 6:54:09 PM PDT
Breathe by Kristen Ashley

Heroine is called fat by hero (he was mad at her then apologizes), she has been in love with him since he came into her town; he wanted her too. Very good book.

Posted on Sep 16, 2012 10:18:31 PM PDT
Mary Bellomo says:
You would love Homeward Hearts by Alexis Harrington. Weatern
Historical, small town, Bad boy sexy hero, plain virgin heroine, two sex scenes (but really good ones!). She nurses him back to health after he collapses in her yard.

Posted on Sep 17, 2012 4:11:14 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 17, 2012 4:11:36 AM PDT
Nearly entire library of author Janet Chapman (especially many of the earlier works) feature Virginal Heroines. As a matter of fact her last book that came out this month has the heroine wanting to get rid of her virginity but the hero wouldn't do it no matter what. Courting Carolina (A Spellbound Falls Romance)

These feature (the earlier books) Scottish time travelers and the book has truly interesting concepts. Most of the books also feature some kind of magic and ALL the the hero and the heroine don't take sex casually but when they do have it-or get real close-be ready for a cold shower.

Posted on Sep 24, 2012 1:42:13 PM PDT
I really appreciate all of the responses I'm getting, Thanks! :)

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 31, 2012 10:08:35 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Oct 31, 2012 10:09:46 PM PDT]

Posted on Oct 31, 2012 10:20:53 PM PDT
MissKati22 says:
I am SO bummed. I just wrote a giant post for you... and only two titles came through. :/ I'm a really picky romance reader and the "nice girl" theme is always my favorite. These are some of my favorite authors and titles with virgin heroines -- strong emphasis on rich character/emotional development. To get you started, here are my top suggestions in my two fave categories:
CONTEMPORARY
Melanie George "To Die For", Jayne Rylon "Razor's Edge," Pamela Clare "Naked Edge," Beverly Barton "Fifth Victim," Laura Moore "In Her Eyes," Susan Mallery "Sweet Talk," Jenna Bayley Burke "Compromising Positions," Marie Force "Everyone Loves a Hero," Louisa Edwards "Just One Taste," a few Lora Leigh books are great with virgin heroines.. Jessica Bird "Man in a Million" (one of my all time faves) and "His Comfort and Joy," Lisa Marie Rice "Nightfire" and "Midnight Run"
HISTORICAL
All of Kate Noble's works, Carolyn Jewel "Stolen Love," "Lord Ruin" and "Indescribable", Courtney Milan's "Unlocked" and "Unraveled," Tessa Dare "Lady by Midnight" and "Goddess of the Hunt", Anne Gracie's "Bride by Mistake", "Accidental Wedding" and "To Catch a Bride", many many by Mary Balogh, many by Connie Brockway, Grace Burrowes' "Lady Sophie's Christmas Wish", "Lady Margaret's Secret Scandal" and "Lady Louisa's Christmas Knight"

Posted on Nov 1, 2012 8:57:47 AM PDT
SAB says:
LOSING IT by Cora Carmack. It wasn't bad, the heroine is definitely a virgin and it trying to lose it because it's bothering her.

Posted on Nov 1, 2012 11:57:25 AM PDT
ap2010 says:
Something shady by Pamela Morsi
Wanted: One Groom by Pat Ballard
A Very Special Favor by Kristin James

Posted on Nov 1, 2012 10:47:51 PM PDT
Cowgirl Up and Ride (Rough Riders) by Lorelei James

Posted on Nov 3, 2012 6:50:42 PM PDT
you might like a couple by linda chance. she favors possesive, alpha males and many of her h's are experienced, but...

The Rancher's Virgin Acquisition

Staking His Claim

Posted on Jan 8, 2013 2:25:52 PM PST
A. Esposito says:
BUMP
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Romance forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Announcement
Amazon Discussions Feedback Forum
105 Jun 10, 2014
Loan Me Thread V. 6 4770 1 minute ago
Biker Romance Part 2 1719 40 minutes ago
*** Coffee Shop - Let's Chat About Life And Our Books, Both Current And Planning To Read, All In The Name Of Living HEA *** 7465 48 minutes ago
help finding a book 7 59 minutes ago
Dear romance author I am sick of.... 197 1 hour ago
books where hero meets herione but leaves heroine when ow"friends" need something 8 1 hour ago
Harlequin Presents - Let's start at the beginning... a very good place to start - Number... 1741 1 hour ago
Surrogate Romances 7 1 hour ago
Psychic mind control..need title 1 1 hour ago
Crazy jealous OW/OM causing misunderstanding and angst? (no cheaters please) 295 1 hour ago
Are there any intelligent romantic thrillers/suspense/adventures? 7 2 hours ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Romance forum
Participants:  11
Total posts:  14
Initial post:  Sep 11, 2012
Latest post:  Jan 8, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 9 customers

Search Customer Discussions