Customer Discussions > Romance forum

Nothing to read!

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-11 of 11 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 8, 2012 12:23:29 AM PST
Janie says:
I usually have a couple of books on the go at once, but I've finished one and have nothing. Nothing!

I like paranormal/romance or straight forward chick lit (don't like Nora Roberts, or even, strangely Sophie Kinsella. I used to, but think her Shopaholic books have put me off. Utter rubbish!)

Anyway, can I get some recs for paranormal/chick lit? Does it exist?

Posted on Nov 8, 2012 12:37:36 AM PST
Sunshine says:
Hmm.. you could try Meg Cabot's Boy series. Very funny chick lit books. They are told through emails. I enjoyed them very much :)

The Boy Next Door
Boy Meets Girl
Every Boy's Got One

Posted on Nov 8, 2012 2:20:19 AM PST
Janie says:
Thank you. I've had a sample of Boy Meets Girl sent to my Kindle. But, *laughs*, I know I said I've given up on freebies, her books so VERY expensive for Kindle!!

Can't win, can I. lol

Posted on Nov 8, 2012 2:37:54 AM PST
HJ Leonard says:
Rose Pressey has some chick-lit paranormal type of books, and IIRC, her prices are low. I only read one, but that's because I'm not particularly fond of chick lit.

Posted on Nov 8, 2012 2:49:55 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 8, 2012 3:04:40 AM PST
Sunshine says:
Yeah, her books are VERY expensive!! A lot of Kindle books are over the top expensive...usually the ones that I REALLY want to read ):

So I'm always on the hunt for freebies... :) I check the freebie thread every day...

Posted on Nov 8, 2012 5:04:18 AM PST
I just picked up Just This Once (Escape to New Zealand) that seems maybe chick-lit/contemporary romance; also chatting with Dani Collins who wrote Hustled To The Altar which might work - this is solely based on descriptions, I haven't read either - but I've chatted with the authors as part of being a mod for a GR group that hosts author Q&A's

Posted on Nov 8, 2012 6:19:00 AM PST
L. Burns says:
What about Molly Harper? Her vampire series is kind of 'chic lit'/pnr. The first one is Nice Girls Don't Have Fangs. Then there's How to Flirt with a Naked Werewolf and the follow-up - The Art of Seducing a Naked Werewolf.

Posted on Nov 8, 2012 8:20:38 AM PST
Robin Wilson says:
Lisa Kleypas' Friday Harbor series:
Christmas Eve at Friday Harbor-novella prequel that does not have to be read to understand the next two which I LOVED.
Dream Lake (Friday Harbor)
Rainshadow Road (Friday Harbor)

Posted on Nov 28, 2012 1:07:41 AM PST
Janie says:
Thanks everyone.
I just went to the author forum where they have lists of genres, and well, SOOOO disappointed. Those listed (or most of them) are NOT chicklit!

Posted on Nov 28, 2012 7:52:39 AM PST
LibraryLady says:
Far paranormal chick lit, I read this a while ago, but thought it was hilarious: Mary Janice Davidson's Undead series, starting with Undead and Unwed. Also, this is more along the lines of urban fantasy, but Darynda Jones's Charley Davidson series starting with First Grave on the Right.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 28, 2012 8:11:37 AM PST
Have you read Shanna Swendson's Enchanted series? I'd call it paranormal chick lit. It's a Sex in the City meets Harry Potter kind of thing.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Romance forum
Participants:  8
Total posts:  11
Initial post:  Nov 8, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 28, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions