Best Books of the Month Shop Men's Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums All-New Amazon Fire TV Grocery Amazon Gift Card Offer blacklist blacklist blacklist  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Shop Now Kids Halloween
Customer Discussions > Romance forum

Weekend Reading 9-12 November

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-24 of 24 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 9, 2012 4:37:37 AM PST
Happy (early) Veteran's Day to everyone!

What are people planning on reading this weekend?

I have currently in progress:
Borrowed Light (Carla Kelly) - Inspir Mormon romance
A Chance to Dream (Triple Countess) (lynne connolly) - historical romance
The Dark Tide (Josh Lanyon) - m/m mystery

on the ipod, I am listening to Iced: A Dani O'Malley Novel (Fever Series) - i'm about half-way through right now

Posted on Nov 9, 2012 5:43:36 AM PST
MelissaB says:
I am reading Shadow: 9 (New Species) by Laurann Dohner

A big thank you to our veterans and their families! And Deanna :)

Posted on Nov 9, 2012 6:29:02 AM PST
Grey says:
I just finished The Parfit Knight by Stella Riley and adored it. Very much in the style of Georgette Heyer and a bit old fashioned, since it was first published in the 80s, but very charming. And Georgian, which is always a plus in my book. (And now I have the sequel to read, The Mésalliance.)

I am (once again) planning to read A Lady by Midnight (Spindle Cove 3), and might actually get to it this week. Or I might just get distracted again, as is my tendency. I am also adding Lynne Connolly's Triple Countess series to my possible TBR pile, along with some DTBs I got from the library (Tempting Kate (Harlequin Historical Romance) by Deborah Simmons appears to be at the top of that pile.)

And I'll probably end up reading something completely different, but at least I have a plan :D

Posted on Nov 9, 2012 6:43:00 AM PST
Hoping to start No Control - Shannon K. Butcher is a new author for me, so crossing my fingers and hoping for the best! After that, maybe Checkmate (A Neighbor from Hell) or Rules of Attraction (Perfect Chemistry Novels) or Courting Carolina (A Spellbound Falls Romance). Or maybe something else will catch my eye from the ever towering TBR pile!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2012 6:44:32 AM PST
I haven't tried SKB's rom-sus - I wasn't a fan of her paranormal though...maybe i'll try it

Posted on Nov 9, 2012 7:14:24 AM PST
KC says:
Currently reading Banks Echoes at Dawn (A KGI Novel) in dtb, and realizing we are less than two months from the end of the year; I need to focus on my author & title challenges & get to work! I think I can complete them from freebies that I've been downloading to the kindle, but I need to quit downloading & start reading! (well, it sounds good to say it...)

Everyone have a great weekend, and Remember to thank a Veteran!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2012 8:12:33 AM PST
Deanna - I'll keep you posted. I'm doing a rote-boring job at work today and I can read while I work. About 20 pages from finishing Defending Jacob: A Novel - wow, a book that keeps you on edge - almost over and I still don't know what's coming!

Posted on Nov 9, 2012 8:35:55 AM PST
neon moon says:
i'm in the middle of KATHERINE by anya seton and it's getting better. for the first 50 or so pages my attention/imagination was not captured, even though the writing was superb. also reading Heartstorm by elizabeth stuart, (so good, why hasn't she written any more?) and i'm about halfway through Charmed and Dangerous: A Bobbie Faye Novel by toni mcgee causey.
if i have time, i plan on reading Trinity by leon uris, The Warlord by elizabeth elliot and Dance by judith ivory.
maybe, MAYBE i can squeeze in Lady Of The Glen: A Novel of 17Th-Century Scotland and the Massacre of Glencoe by jennifer roberson or The SECRET BOOK OF GRAZIA DEI ROSSI by jacqueline park.

or, maybe i'll be distracted by Crazy Hot (Steele Street) by tara janzen, The Bridge by karen kingsbury or Unholy Magic (Downside) by stacia kane. the possibilities are endless!!!

Posted on Nov 9, 2012 12:32:42 PM PST
Hi everyone! I'm doing one of my massive re-reads...this time it's Mary Balogh's "Slightly" series. Just finished Slightly Married (Get Connected Romances) which I ADORE! And now I'm starting Slightly Sinful. (Not reading them in order).

Deanna- Can't wait to hear how the rest of the Lynne Connolly series is. I loved the first one. Thanks for the rec!

Posted on Nov 9, 2012 2:54:15 PM PST
tealadytoo says:
Currently reading Afternoon Delight (Harlequin Blaze) by Mia Zachary (yes, a Z for the author list). Not profound, but cute and fun so far.
Just finished Gennita Low's Protector (Crossfire), book 1 of the Crossfire series. Still can't make up my mind if I like it or not, so I'll continue with book 2,Hunter (Crossfire series) and see if I can decide.
For a mystery, reading the 2nd of the Professor Simon Shaw series, Snipe Hunt (The Professor Simon Shaw Murder Mysteries).
In the dtb realm, it's Lisa Kleypas The Devil in Winter (The Wallflowers, Book 3) which I'm really looking foward to.

And I should finish David Copperfield this week!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2012 3:27:29 PM PST
U should try Masie Dobbs penny - historical mysteries

Posted on Nov 9, 2012 3:48:55 PM PST
Catherine says:
I'm currently reading "The Winter Sea" by Susanna Kearsley - Loving it! I'm on my library's waiting list (Overdrive) for her "Mariana" and "Rose Garden."
"The Art of Racing in the Rain" by Garth Stein touched my heart like no other book. I listened to the Audible version and was enthralled by the narrator.
Just finished "Muse" - a first book by Susie M. Hanley. I'm looking forward to a sequel.
"Sarah's Key" by Tatiana de Rosnay is now in my top five favorites.
Determined to complete all books by Ann Patchett.
So many books, so little time!

Posted on Nov 9, 2012 4:02:58 PM PST
Ender says:
Currently reading Checkmate (A Neighbor from Hell) by R. L. Mathewson. Not my favorite in the NFH series, but entertaining nonetheless.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2012 4:30:12 PM PST
Thanks, Deanna! Added the Masie Dobbs books onto my TBR pile. I'm becoming a mystery reading-ho! I feel like I'm cheating on my romance addiction!

Posted on Nov 9, 2012 6:59:31 PM PST
L. Burns says:
I'm reading Dog on It (Chet and Bernie Mysteries) - a "must read" for dog-crazy people (like me). After that...probably something from the TBR, though nothing is calling to me at the moment.

Posted on Nov 10, 2012 1:49:38 AM PST
Tippi says:
I'm between books right now but am thinking I will read BEAUTY AND THE BOUNTY HUNTER by Lori Austin. Happy Veteran's day to everybody and their families and I'd like to wish my husband a special Thank you. He served in WWII as an M.P. and a sharpshooter, the generation that saved us from Hitler and the Nazi's, so thank you sweetheart!

Tippi :) a very proud wife!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 10, 2012 3:07:07 AM PST
i've heard good things about this series but haven't tried it yet

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 10, 2012 5:40:12 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 10, 2012 6:06:02 AM PST
read the second one!! it takes place concurrently with Last Chance My Love - so lots of the stuff that happens in the first one is alluded to in the second

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 10, 2012 6:18:50 AM PST
L. Burns says:
I had the first one on my Wish List for a long time, then (? last week) it dropped to $2.99 for kindle so I grabbed it. The dog (Chet) is the narrator and it's very clever. Unfortunately, it's back to $11.99 for kindle.

Posted on Nov 10, 2012 7:44:58 AM PST
War Prize by Elizabeth Vaughn "called" to me last night to come read it again (sigh) so I complied.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 10, 2012 9:12:29 AM PST
i think I grabbed it in audiobook like 2 years ago when audible had their first in series sale, but I never listened to it

Posted on Nov 10, 2012 10:00:37 AM PST
beachbaby says:
I just finished Desire's Edge (too much sex, not much story), Mackenzie's Mountain (very good) and DNF - The Midnight Hour (Madaris Family Novels).

I just started reading The Touch of Fire.

I'm trying to put a dent in my DTB pile :)

Posted on Nov 11, 2012 6:13:41 PM PST
neon moon says:
finished Charmed and Dangerous: A Bobbie Faye Novel. it was interesting enough to me to cause me to read Girls Just Wanna Have Guns: A Bobbie Faye Novel. both books were amusing, and i really liked trevor, the H. i'm about half-way through Unholy Magic (Downside) and i'm enjoying it as much as i did the previous one.
i still hope to finish off a couple of others, but i'll either have to pull an all-nighter reading or ignore my work tomorrow.

Posted on Nov 11, 2012 8:16:38 PM PST
Agnes says:
I finished Earl's Dilemma (Historical Romance) by Emily May and Brighton Road by Susan Carroll.

Now, I'm reading: A Virgin River Christmas by Robyn Carr and Dream Man by Linda Howard.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Romance forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Read fresh new romance stories - and tell the writers which parts you love!
19 18 days ago
Amazon Discussions Feedback Forum
143 29 days ago
Book(s) you wish you could read for the first time again 9 17 minutes ago
Is anyone else sick and tired of bdsm and anal sex in romance novels? Is it just me? 10 33 minutes ago
World of Romance. . . Rants & Raves. . . Thread #4 6964 1 hour ago
Hero is Crazy in Love and Crazy Jealous/Possessive 5 5968 1 hour ago
The 2nd Bargain Kindle romance books that are also GOOD ... please, no promos in this thread 2638 2 hours ago
Craziest Romance You Ever Read 6 2 hours ago
Let's start at the end...with spoilers 137 3 hours ago
Mafia/ Mob Romance Books 329 3 hours ago
Free Today Second Edition 9672 3 hours ago
HP Discussion thread number 2 290 3 hours ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Romance forum
Participants:  15
Total posts:  24
Initial post:  Nov 9, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 11, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 5 customers

Search Customer Discussions