Customer Discussions > Romance forum

can anyone help me with the title of this book?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-18 of 18 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Mar 14, 2012 9:14:36 PM PDT
blueotter says:
Hey- I asked about this book a few years ago and I am still looking! It is a historical and I believe the h has a sister who had her own book. The sister takes the heroine to a party that is either a masquerade or of a naughty nature and she goes, finds the hero there, they fool around or kiss or something before he realizes that she is a proper gentlewoman and he takes her back to her sister. At some.point she goes to another one of these balls. Any ideas?

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 14, 2012 9:27:18 PM PDT
slbett says:
Maybe "Cherished" by Elizabeth Thornton. This book has a masquerade ball and other parties. This book is last in a trilogy. The H in this book has two sisters who are the h in the previous books. (Velvet is the Night, Tender is the Storm)

Posted on Mar 15, 2012 5:39:00 AM PDT
blueotter says:
Thank you, but that isn't It. I might check it out, though.

Posted on Mar 15, 2012 1:10:26 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 15, 2012 1:16:56 PM PDT
Nel says:
This is very spooky but I was surfing Amazon two days ago and I am sure I read this synopsis for a book - I will think about it and let you know.

Found the one I saw it is Affair Most Wicked, An

Its about sisters who are American heiresses
Synopsis is:
Clara thought there was something improper going on at the ball, but it took a sinful kiss from a stranger to convince her that something was wrong. A mix-up in invitations on the part of Clara's companion sent the two Americans to a notorious Cakras ball instead of the polite society event they meant to attend, but fortunately for Clara, the seductive stranger only steals a dance and a kiss before convincing her to leave quietly before anyone recognizes her. Once Clara discovers her mystery man is none other than Seger Wolfe, the marquess of Rawdon, she realizes he is exactly the kind of sexy rogue she came to London to avoid. Even worse, Clara isn't sure if Seger is asking her to indulge in a wicked affair or a proper courtship! MacLean continues her captivating historical series featuring American heiresses who marry into British nobility with this deliciously sexy tale of two people who marry for desire only to discover how important trust is to true romance.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 15, 2012 1:15:24 PM PDT
JennyG. says:
Maybe Lord of Fire by Gaelen Foley

After years of preparation, he has baited his trap well, luring the depraved members of Society into his devil's playground so he can earn their trust and uncover their secrets. Yet no one in London suspects that Lord Lucien Knight is England's most cunning spy, an officer who had sacrificed his soul for his country. Now an unexpected intruder has invaded his fortress of sin, jeopardizing his carefully laid plans -- and igniting his deepest desires.

Beautiful, innocent, Alice Montague finds herself at the mercy of scandalous Lord Lucien. But as he begins his slow seduction to corrupt her virtue, Alice glimpses a man tormented by his own choices, a man who promises her nothing except his undeniable passion ....

Posted on Mar 15, 2012 1:59:42 PM PDT
blueotter says:
None of these are it, but those look interesting.

IIRC, the sister goes to these balls with her husband, but he was busy, and since it was a masquerade, the sister let her have some fun and join. The hero, once he discovers that the heroine is an innocent, wants her out of the party and wants her never to go to one of these again. And I think later in the book, she goes out again, disguised, and he recognizes her. I don't remember much else, I think I read it in 2007 or 8

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 15, 2012 3:25:55 PM PDT
JennyG. says:
Delia says:

"Could it be one of these two books? I read them both at the same time so I may be mixing some of the plot elements.

Being Wicked by Lucy Danes

http://www.kensingtonbooks.com/catalog.cfm?dest=itempg&itemid=13634&secid=30&linkon=subsection&linkid=1839

On These Silken Sheets by Sabrina Darby

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/on-these-silken-sheets-sabrina-darby/1103371789?ean=9780594044574&itm=1&usri=sabrina+darby

Posted on Mar 15, 2012 3:36:35 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 15, 2012 8:39:48 PM PDT
Could it be a Brenda Joyce? It is one of Warrington Family series early books I think the title was "Masquerade" The sister gets pregant and the 'good' sister rises the boy.
Your reply to Reader in Alabama's post:
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)

Posted on Mar 15, 2012 4:31:31 PM PDT
blueotter says:
I looked at past Amazon orders with no luck, and I might have gotten rid of it, but I might have to go into all those books in my closet and see if anything comes up. Oy! I can visualize where I read it. In the meantime, I am probably going to order some of these books because I'm intrigued. Thank you

Posted on Mar 15, 2012 8:46:54 PM PDT
blueotter says:
I ordered a couple of these books and hopefully I will either stumble upon the book or remember something else. The most likely of the ones mentioned is An Affair Most Wicked...although I remember some of the plot points differently than as described, but the idea that the sisters are American sounds familiar. Crossing my fingers!

Posted on Mar 16, 2012 7:13:39 PM PDT
If You Deceive by Kresley Cole also has this element.

Posted on Mar 16, 2012 11:58:51 PM PDT
misty9 says:
I read a book by Jennifer Blake with a plot like this a long time ago (maybe 8-9yrs) but can't remember the title.
The h and a friend or sister went to a ball where there were a lot of 'loose' women, and the H wants to have sex with her, but realizes that she's naive and innocent. Don't remember anything else

Posted on Mar 17, 2012 2:08:05 AM PDT
Beebs says:
Was this posted elsewhere....... AAR forum said it was Julianne Maclean An Affair Most Wicked (American Heiress)

Posted on Mar 17, 2012 8:32:33 AM PDT
blueotter says:
It very well looks like it must be this one. What is AAR?

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 17, 2012 9:16:10 AM PDT
Beebs says:
All About Romance. Reviews, blogs, chat forums and more.....

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 17, 2012 11:49:06 AM PDT
blueotter says:
Thank you! I will definitely check this site out. And I'm excited because I really do think I have found the book! It has been in the back of my head for years now, and the past month or so driving me crazier and crazier.

Posted on Mar 17, 2012 12:09:29 PM PDT
Beebs says:
You're very welcome. :)

Posted on Oct 26, 2013 4:58:52 PM PDT
bump
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Active discussions in related forums
Discussion Replies Latest Post
Amazon Echo (no invite questions) 551 1 minute ago
Kindle Fire Register 1 2 minutes ago
Grief 51 6 minutes ago
Amazon Echo 732 9 minutes ago
Poetic Thoughts 5202 20 minutes ago
Barb's Books & Chat (IV) 365 1 hour ago
Brian Lumley fans? 7 1 hour ago
what are you reading now 140 1 hour ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Romance forum
Participants:  9
Total posts:  18
Initial post:  Mar 14, 2012
Latest post:  Oct 26, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions