Customer Discussions > Romance forum

May-December Romances with an older Hero and, of course, some steamy sex : )

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 35 posts in this discussion
Initial post: May 27, 2012 9:04:37 AM PDT
Z. Elzy says:
My title says it all. I have a whole list of Older H/ younger h. But I want to add to it! I would prefer a bigger age difference, as my title implies. And I like a book with a happy ending! Thank you!

Posted on May 27, 2012 9:09:45 AM PDT
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on May 27, 2012 10:07:55 AM PDT
NathalieM says:
U might already have them but they r my favorite:
-Cowgirl Up & Ride by Lorelei James
-The Admiral's Bride by Suzanne Brockmann
-Best Kept Secrets by Sandra Brown
-What I did for a Duke by Julie Anne Long
-The Laird Who Loves Me by Karen Hawkins

Posted on Jun 12, 2012 6:39:09 PM PDT
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on Jun 18, 2012 11:51:18 AM PDT
SuzyQ says:
Claiming His Wife by Sam Crescent - Hero is 37, heroine is 20
Claiming His Wife (Unlikely Love Book 3)

Posted on Jun 18, 2012 12:15:01 PM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Jun 18, 2012 12:17:31 PM PDT]

Posted on Jun 20, 2012 11:13:38 PM PDT
Almost A Gentleman fits this theme exactly!

Posted on Jun 21, 2012 1:15:58 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 21, 2012 1:16:41 AM PDT
this thread is invaded by trolls who are looking for trouble and had been reported for abuse and self promoters. Now those who suggested books ( except those who recommended typical romance authors) can you give us spoilers. Do the books have an HEA? tells us more about your suggestions because it seems some are self-promo. Trolls and self-promo kill a thread

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 21, 2012 9:08:58 AM PDT
NathalieM says:
Hi Z. Elzy-I've been tracking this thread in hope to get some new suggestions on books w/ older H/ younger h but it seems like no one gave a good one so far...so I was wondering since u have a whole list...can u give me some?!?
Also if u read books I posted then we might have the same taste?! So I would love to get new books in this genre to read this summer.
Thx...

Posted on Jun 21, 2012 9:58:11 PM PDT
Er, I am not a troll. The book I recommended, Almost a Gentleman, is by Pam Rosenthal, who published 4 or 5 excellent, unusual historical romances but as far as I can tell, isn't writing any more.

The story is about a traditional, masculine, older man - I forget his age exactly, but he has grown children. He is disconcerted to find himself drawn to a young, willowy man of fashion. It's not exactly a spoiler to reveal that the young man...isn't.

There is plenty of steamy sex, including some unconventional scenarios.

Recommendation fits the request made by the original poster. Not sure what the problem is here.

Posted on Jun 21, 2012 10:12:31 PM PDT
Z. Elzy says:
The troll comment was meant for a couple of posters who definitely were. I imagine those guys just don't get laid. Their wives prefer their romance novels to their husbands. : )

Thank you everybody for the great recommendations!

Nathalie I will definitely post a list of some of my faves soon!

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 21, 2012 10:49:19 PM PDT
Ah - got it. Well, if you like historicals, give Almost a Gentleman a try. The writing is really good, and it has a HEA. The age difference is at least 15 years.

Posted on Jun 22, 2012 1:41:57 PM PDT
SuzyQ says:
I am also not a troll. lol Will the summation below be enough to keep me from being relegated to the ranks of troll-dom? I usually don't type long recommendations because I am usually on my iPad.

Claiming His Wife by Sam Crescent is book 3 of a series called Unlikely Loves. In this book the hero, Tony is 37 and it starts with him having been in a marriage of convenience with the heroine, Opal who is 22, for two years. He married her to keep her from having to marry a man her parents arranged for her to marry because he was a jerk who the heroine didn't love or vice versa. The hero takes a while to admit to himself that he is in love with his much younger wife (who is also the younger sister of one of his best friends (Richard from Book 2 - Contract of Shame) and they go through some drama before having a real marriage.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 22, 2012 5:35:54 PM PDT
Mercered says:
Claiming his wife spoiler@@@@@ One thing I liked about this H is at he stayed celibate during those 2 years they weren't together.

Posted on Jun 22, 2012 8:49:45 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 22, 2012 8:51:02 PM PDT
I've been waiting for Claiming His Wife for forever but I have to say the ending stunk. Why wrap up book one and two's characters so well and leave Opal and Tony dangling? Frankly it was sort of a contradiction too, he was dreaming about something and then changes his mind all together and I just didn't like their epilogue. It definitely belongs on this thread though, as do the first and second books in the Unlikely Love series Blackmailed by the Beast (Unlikely Love)Contract of Shame (Unlikely Love)

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 22, 2012 9:39:08 PM PDT
D. Arnold says:
I just got this book. Is there a HEA or not? I hate when there isn't.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 22, 2012 9:52:54 PM PDT
There is a HEA, I just wish it had been more lol They are happy and in love though :)

Posted on Jun 23, 2012 8:17:29 AM PDT
SuzyQ says:
I agree Nicky - I liked the book, but I would have liked their ending to be a little more fleshed out. I did really like all the books though.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 23, 2012 8:19:10 AM PDT
SuzyQ says:
D. Arnold,

Don't worry - I wouldn't recommend a book that didn't have a HEA - I hate it when that happens!

Susan (S. Moore)

Posted on Aug 16, 2013 11:10:52 AM PDT
ebookfan says:
Beware the Beast

Posted on Aug 16, 2013 11:20:06 AM PDT
Robin Wilson says:
Edge of Heaven (The McRae Series, Book 2 - Emma)
Twelve Days (The McRae Series, Book 1 - Sam and Rachel) is also very good and where we first meet the h from book two and her siblings as children. There's no May/December romance it in though.

Posted on Aug 16, 2013 5:27:52 PM PDT
Forbidden Fire (Harlequin Presents #298) by Charlotte Lamb and Surprise Of His Life (Special Edition) by Karen Keast and Twice her age by Abby Wood.

Posted on Aug 16, 2013 10:09:36 PM PDT
L. Campbell says:
good topic! i love these books does anyone have any other recommendations?

Posted on Aug 17, 2013 6:50:57 AM PDT
JayIsa says:
This is an old one - Deana James' Seek Only Passion (Zebra books). The h is only 19, and her father forces her into marriage with the H who is about 40. He is a drinker and gambler who is deep in debt. For her age, the h is very mature because of the relationship with her father. This is a wonderful love story that cannot be put down.

Posted on Aug 22, 2013 9:31:45 AM PDT
C. Taylor says:
The Boss
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Romance forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Romance forum
Participants:  23
Total posts:  35
Initial post:  May 27, 2012
Latest post:  Oct 26, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 12 customers

Search Customer Discussions