Customer Discussions > Romance forum

Science Fiction Romance

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 52 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Nov 3, 2013 11:24:15 AM PST
[Deleted by the author on Nov 4, 2013 6:07:12 PM PST]

Posted on Nov 2, 2013 10:45:30 PM PDT
Chicky says:
Try The last hour of Gann by R. E. Smith Great book!

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 23, 2013 7:48:44 AM PDT
Diane Shaner says:
Try Johanna Lindsey her series starting with Warrior's Woman then Keeper of the Heart and last Hear of a Warrior I have all in real book and Ebook

Posted on Aug 7, 2013 9:24:36 PM PDT
Chicky says:
Green World by Elva Elliott war fantastic!

Posted on Feb 5, 2013 6:55:26 PM PST
Invasion Earth (Delroi Connection) was a 4-star for me.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 5, 2013 6:48:20 PM PST
I agree that Wen Spencer's Tinker is urban fantasy and it is a lot of fun.

I love Laurann Dohner's various series. I enjoy Kaitlyn O'Connor's Cyborg books.

Night Raven is trying to be Erotica/SF. It was an enjoyable 3 star for me.

I have been enjoying S. E. Smith's books recently. I recently found her. She writes Romance/SF. But she gets a bit repetitive in her series. I loved River's Run (Lords of Kassis: Book 1) Tink's Neverland: Cosmos' Gateway Book 1.

I also found C. L. Scholey recently. The books are tagged Romance/Space Opera or Romance/Futuristic. I enjoyed Enslaved (Three to Tango 2). A forty-eight woman is killed by aliens. They find another use for her brain. The h wakes up in a really hot/young body.

One Thousand Brides (Star Brides) was OK but it is expensive for 92 pages. It is BBW/Romance/SF.

The Warlord's Comeuppance is Erotica/SF. I thought it was funny.

The Love Machine is enjoyable but the 3.99 is pricey. I purchased it for less.

Posted on Feb 5, 2013 10:42:41 AM PST
ambrosia says:
I thought the Ship Who Sang stories were sweet and so different.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 5, 2013 10:31:08 AM PST
Yes, her son seems to be carrying on the family franchise.

Posted on Feb 5, 2013 7:00:34 AM PST
C. Stone says:
Its been years since I read a McCaffrey romance. One clicked Restoree and almost got teary remembering this great author has since passed on to the stars.

Posted on Feb 4, 2013 9:52:57 PM PST
ambrosia says:
Calling all fans of Linnea Sinclair:
The Mammoth Book of Futuristic Romance (Mammoth Books) has a short story that is a sequel of sorts to Games of Command! You get a short peak at Sass's and Flyboy's life after escaping the Triad!!! I haven't read many of the other stories yet, but I'm so happy to have that one. There's actually a second Linnea Sinclair story too!

Posted on Dec 4, 2012 7:14:16 AM PST
KC says:
I ran across a McCaffrey last night that I had forgotten & couldn't believe that I had because I enjoyed it so much: Restoree She's abducted from Earth, eventually wakes up to realize that she's tending a mental patient; come to find out he's head of the country, imprisoned by bad guys (and that's a poor synopsis!) I immediately 1 clicked it for the Kindle so I have my print copy (which I pulled out last night; very old & getting brittle) and my electronic!

Posted on Dec 4, 2012 1:42:32 AM PST
S. L. Viehl (who also wrote the Darkyn series) has a sci-fi series or two, with romance.

Linnea Sinclair is a very well known writer for her sci-fi romances.

Ilona Andrews Kinsman novellas (I think two so far).

Posted on Dec 4, 2012 12:28:43 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 4, 2012 12:35:32 AM PST
Marissa G says:
Haven's Quest

Got this as a freebie earlier this summer and really enjoyed it. It's *long* -- 11k location -- but the X-men meets Firefly/Serenity storyline sucks you in and makes it worthwhile to follow the three romances. Looks like the sequel is out now too. :)

Haven's Homecoming (Haven's Quest)

Posted on Jun 17, 2012 5:40:00 PM PDT
Michelle Pillows Dragon Lords series The Barbarian Prince (Dragon Lords)

This is a good website for Sci-fi romance recs: http://www.thegalaxyexpress.net/

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 17, 2012 5:18:59 PM PDT
Avid reader says:
The flower titled books by Jayne Castle and her Ghost Hunter series as well (I think the first one is After Dark (Ghost Hunters, Book 1). These are romance set in another universe not urban fantasy and are all stand alones although loosely connected.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 15, 2012 6:35:24 PM PDT
T. Smith says:
And in her Pern series, F'lar/Lessa and my favorite pair F'nor/Brekke.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 13, 2012 9:06:14 PM PDT
I still have the valdemar series on my bookshelf, and I think I need to reread it soon.

Anne McCaffrey also works a lot of romance into her science fiction and fantasy books. many of the ones I can think of have a romance subplot to them. Her earlier works tend to be better IMO, but it could be because I teethed on her books.

Crystal Singer Series has Killashandra Ree and Lars
Rowan Series (Tower and the Hive series) has Rowan & Jeff then Damia and Afra, then several of Damia's children in the followup books
Each of the Pegasus series has a romance subplot (prequel to rowan series)
Each of the Petybee books has a romance
Some of her work is a bit dated, but I still enjoy going back to it.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 13, 2012 8:14:01 PM PDT
You should read the book, which is A Princess of Mars. Actually, the first five books in the series are quite good, as is A Fighting Man of Mars. This is one of my favorite series ever, and when you read it, you can easily see how it influenced later science fiction and sci-fi romance. It is fairly free of racism compared to Tarzan (by the same author), but it suffers from the sexism and classism of its time. Still, it's good stuff!

Posted on Jun 13, 2012 7:56:13 PM PDT
bsedam says:
Not a book, but a movie. I saw John Carter at the theater and got the dvd. Loved it. It is so much like a good sci-fi romance in 3d. Handsome, skilled devoted H and beautiful smart h, who is a princess. Unlike other novels turned to movies that just don't match up, this had the power of Disney and its big budget. didn't read the book, but it was originally written in the 1920's and I'm quite content with the movie. Definitely a er-watch and a keeper.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 9, 2012 5:44:45 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 9, 2012 5:46:17 PM PDT
cub in autin; That was Mercedes Lackey's Valdemar series beginning with Magic's Pawn (The Last Herald-Mage Series, Book 1) continuing with Magic's Promise (The Last Herald-Mage Series, Book 2), and ending with Magic's Price (The Last Herald-Mage Series, Book 3) which is the book to which you refer. She has several series using the kingdom of valdamar and related countries encompassing several hundred years. IMO the earliest books were the best.

Edited for typos (sigh).

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 9, 2012 3:32:02 PM PDT
I will, thanks.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 9, 2012 3:21:35 PM PDT
HJ Leonard says:
Janet, see my review on GR on 'Alien Proliferation.' This series is a hoot.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 9, 2012 3:19:50 PM PDT
They sound interesting, Jo. I put the first one on my wish list. Thanks for the recommendation.

Posted on Jun 9, 2012 3:13:45 PM PDT
HJ Leonard says:
How did I miss this thread?

Okay, only slightly sci-fi, but one of my favorite series (apologies if this has already been recd, but flipping through, I don't remember seeing it), Gini Koch's Kitty Katt 'Alien' series. I'd fallen behind 2 books, but am in the process of catching up.

:)

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 9, 2012 2:54:45 PM PDT
D. Colon says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]
‹ Previous 1 2 3 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Romance forum
Participants:  37
Total posts:  52
Initial post:  May 18, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 3, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 10 customers

Search Customer Discussions