Customer Discussions > Romance forum

Weekend Reading 4-6 May

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 56 posts in this discussion
Initial post: May 4, 2012 4:17:25 AM PDT
Yay, its Friday!! Even after having 2 days off for feeling like (insert explitive here), I am still sooo glad that it is Friday.

So what is everyone reading this weekend?

I am hoping to finish up Larkstorm (The Sensitives) (Dawn Rae Miller - YA Dystopia); Insurgent (Divergent Trilogy) (Veronica Roth - YA Dystopia) and Wild Horses (D. River - m/m rock star-ish).

On the ipod, i'm listening to The Mephisto Club: A Novel (Tess Gerritsen - M/S/T)

Posted on May 4, 2012 4:48:28 AM PDT
HJ Leonard says:
I'm finally finishing up A Perfect Storm (The Edge of Honor), and hope to get through a freebie Morning Star (Ethos), which is not going well, so far (big surprise there, and it has tons of 5 stars *smirk*).

I have some house projects to work on with hubbie (painting - again) so I don't think that much reading wil get done.

I read the sample for Wild Horses, Deanna, it looks pretty good.

In reply to an earlier post on May 4, 2012 4:53:18 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 4, 2012 4:54:03 AM PDT
i'm liking it so far, i'm about half-way through

ETA - wow, MS only came out end of March and it has 68 5 star reviews...it must be the best thing since sliced bread

In reply to an earlier post on May 4, 2012 5:16:47 AM PDT
HJ Leonard says:
I know, right? Self-pubbed book, only out for a couple of weeks, and better rated than pretty much any other book out there. What are the odds?

Pause.

Oh, right. Self-pubbed with lots of friends. ;)

In reply to an earlier post on May 4, 2012 5:56:13 AM PDT
Hi Deanna! I just finished The Hostage Bargain (Taken Hostage by Hunky Bank Robbers) which I loved---it was a sexy, funny and suspenseful erotica. I also just finished up Paris in Love: A Memoir, the memoir by Eloisa James about her year in Paris after being diagnosed with breast cancer. It took me a while to get into the structure, but by the end I was laughing and crying. It's a really lovely book.

Now I'm about to start Desert Blade by Ella Drake, a sci fi/futuristic novella. It looks good!

Hope everyone has a great weekend,
NRB/Penny

Posted on May 4, 2012 6:13:13 AM PDT
MelissaB says:
I am reading About A Dragon (Dragon Kin, Book 2) but am finding it rather boring, I like her Pride series so much better.

Not sure what's up next after I slog through this

Posted on May 4, 2012 6:54:38 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 4, 2012 6:56:06 AM PDT
neon moon says:
oh, i don't know. every time i say i'm going to read something, i end up not reading anything, or going off on a different tangent than what i had chosen. here goes, though: A Notorious Proposition (Avon Romantic Treasure) by adele ashworth. just a little way through it and it seems to be holding my attention. i also hope to read The Accidental Princess (Harlequin Historical) by michelle willingham, Princess Charming by nicole jordan, A View to a Kiss by caroline linden. i hope to finish To Kill a Mockingbird: 50th Anniversary Edition and Indiscreet by mary balogh.
*sigh* so many books, so little time.

Posted on May 4, 2012 7:11:01 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 6, 2012 10:13:27 AM PDT
tealadytoo says:
Hoping to finish up:
The Poacher's Daughter. This is very well written. It's an old fashioned style of story, and puts me in mind of Catherine Cookson quite a bit.

and Betrayals (Black Cipher Files-Romantic Suspense series)
I was concerned that being independently published this would be poorly edited. It isn't. Very fast moving story. But it's a "who do you trust?" sort of spy story where our h was betrayed, imprisioned and left to be killed. (She got away, but few people know this at this point in the story.) H is her lover, they parted on a strained note when she went on the mission that went bad, he is one of those who has figured out she is NOT dead and is tryng to find her. I'm only a little ways in, but if they spend the WHOLE book avoiding and not trusting each other like they are now, instead of teaming up, sharing info and uncovering the conspiracy, I'm gonna pitch it. I can only take so much of the BIG MISUNDERSTANDING. Probably give it until about the 1/3 mark to hook up again.
EDIT : H an{d h re-connect almost exactly at the 1/3 point. Book picks up a lot at that point. Got to finish it today to figure out WTH is going on with the evil conspiracy, though. :=)

After that, not sure. I might start Not Quite a Husband just because it sounds good. Or The Secretary (House of Lords) because it's on loan and I need to read it and get it back. Or Dancing in the Moonlight (Silhouette Special Edition) because it is chronologically on top of my TBR pile. We'll see.

Posted on May 4, 2012 9:21:34 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 4, 2012 9:22:00 AM PDT
Karlyn says:
Finishing a recent freebie Thoroughbreds and Trailer Trash, it reminds me of Robyn Carr's VR series but without the secondary story arcs. Really good!

Next up going for a dark love story that looks gripping, Crow's Row

In reply to an earlier post on May 4, 2012 9:29:27 AM PDT
Nils says:
Brand new releases - Catherine Mann's Under Fire (Elite Force: That Others May Live) which is very good so far and Elle Kennedy's Midnight Rescue: A Killer Instincts Novel which I've really been looking forward to.

In reply to an earlier post on May 4, 2012 9:35:31 AM PDT
MelissaB - NOOOOO...say it's not so! Dragons by G.A. Aiken are not boring! I hope it's picked up for you - I love those dragons! I just finished Lover Reborn (Black Dagger Brotherhood) and I don't care what anyone says - I loved it. Next up is Bear Meets Girl - another one I was looking forward to reading but based on the reviews I'm leery.

Posted on May 4, 2012 10:01:39 AM PDT
beachbaby says:
I just started Bared to You: A Crossfire Novel but then read o the forum that the sequel will be out later this year so I have put it back into my TBR pile and switched to Knight (The Unfinished Hero Series). I am thinking that after Knight I may read Sempre (Forever).

Posted on May 4, 2012 1:45:51 PM PDT
kari says:
I'm going to finish up A Night Of Secrets (The Night Series) by Lori Brighton and then read Grimm Tidings: Grimm's Circle, Book 6 by Shiloh Walker.

Posted on May 4, 2012 3:08:07 PM PDT
L. Burns says:
I'm almost finished with the latest Sookie Stackhouse book, Deadlocked: A Sookie Stackhouse Novel and I'm liking it much more than I did the last few books. Next up is Rachel Gibson's novella Crazy On You. In between I really need to finish up two books I started on "natural" diets for dogs (exciting, huh??).

In reply to an earlier post on May 4, 2012 3:15:09 PM PDT
lol...do what i do and ration your fun book...a chapter of the RG for each chapter in the other two books you have to read

Posted on May 4, 2012 4:34:59 PM PDT
I am reading Fifty Shades of Grey: Book One of the Fifty Shades Trilogy (50 Shades Trilogy) and so far I am liking it. Next I should finish The Wolf and the Dove but so far it's been dragging.

In reply to an earlier post on May 4, 2012 4:36:02 PM PDT
HJ Leonard says:
The Wolf and the Dove is one of the best old-school romances out there. Ranks in my top ten of all time.

Posted on May 4, 2012 8:52:25 PM PDT
Tippi says:
I will be reading FIFTY SHADES OF GREY this weekend. Hope I love it as much as all the people who have praised it. I already have the other 2 books in the series so that I can read the complete story if I should like it. Here's hoping.

Posted on May 6, 2012 9:28:13 AM PDT
Karlyn says:
I finished Thoroughbreds and Trailer Trash by Bev Pettersen (loved it, great freebie), and Crow's Row(a grittyYA)

I'm glomming bev Pettersen now, reading Color My Horse.

Also starting The Witness on audio

Posted on May 6, 2012 10:37:09 AM PDT
misty9 says:
I finished Fifty Shades of Grey a few days ago and actually had to force myself to finish it. Had no intention of reading the sequel, but with the cliffhanger..... I'll think about it.
Just finished From Rags and liked it.
I'm undecided whether to start another book of Suzanne Wright FERAL SINS (The Phoenix Pack) or to change genre and read Susan Donovan's I Want Candy

Posted on May 6, 2012 10:51:43 AM PDT
MelissaB says:
Started On the Prowl - giving the author another shot since the reviews are good, her few before this were not good

In reply to an earlier post on May 6, 2012 10:53:32 AM PDT
MelissaB says:
booklover,

Yes, I know we usually like the same stuff but I find her Pride series to be much funnier and better, except for the last two books which weren't as good. Bear Meets Girl was really disappointing to me especially as a romance because there wasn't enough

In reply to an earlier post on May 6, 2012 10:56:58 AM PDT
tealadytoo says:
Read Bev Pettersen's Jockeys and Jewels a little while back and it was very good. Picked up T&TT for the TBR pile when it was free but haven't gotten to it yet.

Posted on May 6, 2012 11:30:53 AM PDT
finished up Wild Horses; Larkstorm (The Sensitives) and The Rosas of Spanish Harlem

right now, i'm working on SEAL It with a Kiss: In Uniform (Harlequin Superromance, No. 833) - I remember reading it quite a few years ago and decided to re-read for the heck of it. had good luck finishing it but searching harlequin, tabitha (main characters name) and navy officer...i almost felt boonhagen for a moment ;)

In reply to an earlier post on May 6, 2012 11:57:57 AM PDT
Karlyn says:
Thanks tea lady, I have that one too. Will def read it soon, I like her alpha heroes.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Romance forum
Participants:  18
Total posts:  56
Initial post:  May 4, 2012
Latest post:  May 8, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions