Automotive Holiday Deals Up to 50% Off Select Books Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Black Friday egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Luxury Beauty Gifts for Her Amazon Gift Card Offer cm15 cm15 cm15 $30 Off Amazon Echo $30 Off Fire HD 6 Kindle Cyber Monday Deals Holiday Music in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now Tikes
Customer Discussions > Romance forum

Bared to You, Sylvia Day-question please.

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 29 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Apr 26, 2012 7:00:18 AM PDT
GLB says:
This book keeps popping up as a rec for me based on purchase history. It looks interesting, but I'm a little wary. Just need a little info before I purchase.
Description states h has a history of abuse. Does this include rape? Not sure if I can read it if it does, it's too difficult.
Also, I saw it's part of a series. Does it end on a cliff-hanger? This is not a deal breaker, I would just like to be warned. (Usually I wait until closer to the second release before I read.)

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 26, 2012 7:24:31 AM PDT
Lisa says:

When Eva was 10, her mother remarried and her stepbrother raped her. Over 4 (?) years, it was a secret until she miscarried. Eva tells Gideon of her past and how he handles that info was very touching. The book does not end on a cliffhanger. There are many unresolved storylines: Gideon's past, Eva dealing with roomate's self destruction, how Eva will deal with Gideon's ex fiancé that need to be addressed in sequels.

Posted on Apr 26, 2012 7:41:59 AM PDT
Evan76 says:
I just finished this book last night. Very good, and Eva's story made me sad but if you don't mind a more erotic story you'd like it.

Posted on Apr 26, 2012 7:58:04 AM PDT
KMags says:
There is no rape in present tense, however the heroine does describe to the hero what was done to her when she was a child.

I wouldn't say it's a cliff hanger. Granted, opinions may differ. You can be the judge of that...

It leaves off with Gideon doing something stupid to hurt Eva (again). He goes after her, they're back together and going back to his place.

It's unsaid, but you know there's so much that's still unresolved. More hurdles they'll have to go through if they truly want their relationship to work. Gideon's past is not revealed in the first book, so if you want a deeper understanding of why he is the way he is you'll need to read the next book.

Hope that helps.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 26, 2012 9:42:23 AM PDT
Reader in NJ says:
KMags, Is the next book available or is this a case where you have to wait months to find out what happens? Also, when Gideon did "something stupid to hurt Eva (again)" did he cheat on her? If he keeps hurting her why does she stay with him?

Posted on Apr 26, 2012 9:53:26 AM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Apr 26, 2012 9:55:43 AM PDT]

Posted on Apr 26, 2012 10:01:23 AM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Apr 26, 2012 10:02:02 AM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 26, 2012 10:28:23 AM PDT
Nils says:
He doesn't cheat, he'd never cheat, and if he did Eva would cut it OFF and feed it to him.

He makes stupid mistakes, minor perhaps but they keep triggering her issues, and when she's triggered, she runs. He immediately realizes he did something serious and they talk it out. It got repetitive but it's one of the things I liked most, because, yeah, that's how it is.

The sequel is out in October, I believe, but it's not a cliffhanger ending. You sense that a lot more will happen, but honestly, I felt like I could use the break, these two go through the emotional wringer.

I think Eva stays because he does try so hard, and I think they both feel safer with someone who understands the issues. Which I have to admit -as long as both try - makes sense. If you feel damaged and you're with a "normal", you just pretend to be okay. But deep down you know you're not. That's why I adored this book so much, it just felt so darn adult.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 26, 2012 4:54:07 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 27, 2012 7:56:25 AM PDT
KMags says:
I believe the next book is out in Sept or Oct of this year.

He doesn't cheat on her. Gideon's not used to being in a relationship he has to explain his actions or realize he messed up until it's too late. For example, one incident he brings her to a hotel he owns so they could get it on. On further inspection of the room after the deed, Eva realizes it's his sex pad he's brought women to. Although he did that before she came along, it still makes her feel cheap like she doesn't mean more to him than the other women. In that scenario, he doesn't realize what he's done until after.

I think she stays because she knows he's damaged just like she is. However he hasn't sought help, she has. She's gone into therapy and is still working through her issues. Where as he ignores it. She really cares for him and knows if she wants it to work she'll have to reach deep down for patience. And it's not just him. She overreacts as well. I would say about halfway through the book she comes to realize she reacts before thinking things through. Don't get me wrong, there are times when she feels she just can't do it. But then he begs her to come back and like I stated above, he's never had to explain his actions before.

Posted on Apr 26, 2012 8:31:28 PM PDT
Reader in NJ says:
Thanks for the info ladies. I'll probably buy this one.

Posted on Apr 26, 2012 8:46:12 PM PDT
B. Lim says:
Reader in NJ if you want I email it to you

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 27, 2012 1:08:01 PM PDT
Reader in NJ says:
B.Lim, Thanks for the offer -- I already purchased it with "one-click" -- the price was reasonable.

Posted on Apr 27, 2012 1:24:31 PM PDT
B. Lim says:
Your welcome

Posted on Apr 27, 2012 3:51:47 PM PDT
SydneyGal says:
Just brought this one and can't wait to start reading it.

Posted on Apr 27, 2012 5:35:21 PM PDT
D. A. Verno says:
just finished this one. Really liked it.

In reply to an earlier post on May 31, 2012 3:21:18 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 31, 2012 3:41:27 PM PDT
Reader in NJ says:
I can't wait for the next book to be published because I have unaswered questions -- though I don't know if they will get answered. For example, it really wasn't explained why Gideon spent the entire dinner speaking to Corinne and ignoring Eva - to the point that it was noticed by others. He doesn't even acknowledge that what he did was wrong. There is nothing wrong with him speaking to Corinne or anything but not to the point that he did.

I will be disappointed if Gideon doesn't begin to accept responsbility for his actions and acknowledge his mistakes. Even someone who is secure in a relationship would have an issue with being ignored in that manner.

Edit: fixed typos

In reply to an earlier post on May 31, 2012 3:35:07 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on May 31, 2012 3:37:15 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on May 31, 2012 3:37:25 PM PDT
Bitchie says:
October, I forget the exact date, I'm thinking 13th or 18th maybe?

In reply to an earlier post on May 31, 2012 3:38:14 PM PDT
Jmv_17 says:
THanks, diremommy. Another poster mentioned it above, but I must have overlooked it before I asked :(

Posted on May 31, 2012 5:28:53 PM PDT
The preorder for Deeper in You is available for Kindle. It has a release date of Oct. 2 and the price is $9.99. As far as I can tell the next book is only available to preorder on Kindle so far because I didn't see a preorder option for a printed version.

Posted on Jun 8, 2012 5:54:55 PM PDT
C.Fang says:
Everyone has been recommending this book, can I borrow Bared to you from someone? My email address is Thanks!!

Posted on Jun 9, 2012 4:05:29 AM PDT
Susan says:
It is no longer lendable. It is, however, being released in paperback this Tuesday. That version will be freely lendable.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 9, 2012 6:14:56 AM PDT
HJ Leonard says:
There's a pre-order version of the paperback now. $8.82. Weird price, though, huh?

Posted on Jun 9, 2012 8:50:21 AM PDT
mommybear10 says:
I absolutely hated it. I felt like it was a disturbing romance between two teenagers, very angst-y, and the climax wasn't climatic. I know other people love it, but I just finished it and through it across the room. The ending seemed disturbing and far-fetched.

I'm the same age as the h, so I guess it just really wore me down. Other people loved it, though!

Posted on Sep 17, 2012 1:59:06 PM PDT
MelonaG says:
I agree with L Anderson. I didnt like it much. The writing was better than 50 shades and the sex was hot with better detail but the characters were weak and disturbed. I think he is arogant and thoughtless and she is just plain annoying running away all the time. Their relationship is seriously messed up because the two have so many issues. Thats not hot and it made their sex petty and even more disfuctional. That is not hot. I guess I was expecting something else. I dont think I will continue reading the follow up sequels to the first book.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Romance forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Romance forum
Participants:  20
Total posts:  29
Initial post:  Apr 26, 2012
Latest post:  Sep 27, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions