Customer Discussions > Romance forum

Any romance books where the h is a runner/jogger?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-17 of 17 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jun 20, 2012 9:53:01 PM PDT
Jenval says:
Trying to keep my motivation up as a new jogger, I'd love to read a good book where the h is a jogger/runner.

Posted on Jun 20, 2012 11:11:31 PM PDT
Magelet says:
The only one I can think of off the top of my head is "A Man Like Mac", although I think the heroine has to give up running due to an injury. The hero in that book is AWESOME, but the heroine is...not, to be honest. One of those few unfortunate cases where I really believed the hero could and should do better.

I'll keep thinking. :) Good for you, though! Unfortunately most romance novel heroines tend to share my practice of only running when I'm late for the bus or being chased, hee.

Posted on Jun 20, 2012 11:42:01 PM PDT
I think that is such a great idea! The first one that comes to mind for me is "Knock Me Off My Feet" by Susan Donovan. Its one of my favorite romance novels! The h is a jogger and there is at least one scene where she jogs together with the H. It should provide weeks of motivation :). I hope you enjoy it!

Posted on Jun 21, 2012 5:53:56 AM PDT
Katydid says:
It's a YA romance but Solo was pretty good.

Posted on Jun 21, 2012 6:04:12 AM PDT
L. Burns says:
Just One of the Guys (Hqn) by Kristan Higgins. Heroine is a runner and all around athlete. Fun read.

I'm posting this before my morning run, before it gets too hot here. Keep it up Jenval, it's worth it! Pretty soon you'll be looking forward to it. Promise!

Posted on Jun 21, 2012 7:21:28 AM PDT
Fools Rush In (Hqn) also by Kristan Higgins. The heroine is trying to attract the notice of her girlhood crush and one of the "improvements" she makes is to take up jogging. She really hates it at first but, as her self-improvements become more about HER and not trying to get the guy she enjoys it more.

Posted on Jun 21, 2012 8:30:02 PM PDT
Jenval says:
Thank you so much for these recommendations! I will look at all of them!

Posted on Jun 21, 2012 8:33:02 PM PDT
SheReadsALot says:
Reason to Breathe (The Breathing Series #1) and Forever Mine (The Moreno Brothers #1) are both YA which features heroines on the track team.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 21, 2012 8:36:24 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 21, 2012 8:49:17 PM PDT
L. Burns says:
I know I've read more; I'll post titles if/when I remember them. I like the way someone downvoted all the posts in the thread. A non-jogger, I presume? lol.

EDIT: hideous grammar error - time to call it a night!

Posted on Jun 21, 2012 8:49:22 PM PDT
TrishaLouise says:
Kellen in "Thoughtless by S.C. Stephens" is a runner and both the H & h in "Thomas & January by Fisher Amelie" are runners as well.

He loves Lucy by Susan Donovan has a heroine "Lucy" who starts working out and I believe running to lose weight.

Posted on Jun 21, 2012 9:04:42 PM PDT
Here's what I suspect is one of the only historicals that features a h who runs/jogs: When There Is Hope.

It's a time travel story - a modern woman (who is a jogger) goes back to the 1880s, into the body of an overweight woman, who is also manipulative, cheating on her husband (the H), and despised by nearly everyone who knows her. The modern woman goes about trying to improve every aspect of the life she finds herself in, including weight loss via jogging.

Posted on Jun 21, 2012 11:24:09 PM PDT
Lisa says:
Crow's Row by Julie Hockley...Emily is an avid runner.

Posted on Jun 22, 2012 2:47:47 AM PDT
MelissaB says:
Heartbreaker by Julie Garwood

I like when a heroine exercises and isn't magically thin!

Posted on Jun 22, 2012 6:04:37 AM PDT
hiker says:
It Must Be Love she sprays him with hair spray when she is jogging because she thinks he is going to mug her...

Posted on Jun 22, 2012 7:29:32 AM PDT
Jenval says:
I love all of these suggestions! Thank you so much for taking the time to respond!

Posted on Jun 22, 2012 10:22:46 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 22, 2012 10:24:52 AM PDT
SG1117 says:
Moment to Moment this is a reprint from the 80's I believe. The h is asthmatic and wants to run a marathon and the H is also a runner and tries to support her ambition. I loved this book. It was originally published by Bonnie Drake who is Barbara Delinsky.

Posted on Jun 22, 2012 10:40:40 AM PDT
D. Arnold says:
Right now Moment to Moment is only .99! Maybe for over 300 pages it might be worth a buy. Reviews were mixed. GRs reviews made this one sound a little better than the Amazon reviews.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Romance forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Announcement
Amazon Discussions Feedback Forum
105 Jun 10, 2014
Hilarious mistakes in (mostly self-published) books 7138 1 minute ago
Hero is Crazy in Love and Crazy Jealous/Possessive 4 8362 2 minutes ago
h has a baby and running from an abusive situation 0 12 minutes ago
"The List" that was spawned by the popular Don't Shoot Me Thread 6627 18 minutes ago
Plain/Ugly But Still Attractive Hero 102 25 minutes ago
World of Romance. . . Rants & Raves. . . Thread #3 2346 28 minutes ago
Freebies that you've read - Good and Bad 1040 39 minutes ago
Harlequin Presents - Let's start at the beginning... a very good place to start - Number... 1467 45 minutes ago
Loan Me Thread V. 6 3352 54 minutes ago
Biker Romance Part 2 815 1 hour ago
Here I go again, Help can't find a book 2 1 hour ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Romance forum
Participants:  14
Total posts:  17
Initial post:  Jun 20, 2012
Latest post:  Jun 22, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions