Customer Discussions > Romance forum

Shocking sex scenes

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 2079 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jan 13, 2012 8:38:15 PM PST
Jenna Hedani says:
I just finished my second book from Tasha Temple and while she can really write a sex scene like nobody else I got to a point in Awakenings where I actually said OMG! out loud to myself. Of course I had to keep on reading and was late to work because I couldn't put it down but it definitely pushed my boundaries a bit.

Anyway, I really liked it after I got over my shock and now I want other books that will do the same. Can anyone recommend other well-written books with sex scenes that just make your eyes go wide and your heart rate increases and you're not sure if you want to keep on reading? (wink, wink)

Posted on Jan 13, 2012 8:43:56 PM PST
CA says:
I think Marsha Canham writes some pretty steamy scenes. At first I was put off by the overly vivid descriptions, and sometimes they are a bit campy (spear of flesh, that sort of thing), but the set up is always well done, and the heat comes right off the page. No two scenes are ever the same. She even has one that occurs up the mast of a ship......although that one I questioned......

Posted on Jan 14, 2012 7:07:25 AM PST
I don't know that I'd term it "shocking" necessarily, but Chapter 32, One Foot in the Grave by Jeaniene Frost - very bone (ha!) melting hot. Also, I think Shannon McKenna's first few books (Behind Closed Doors, for one) have some very very hot (and well written) scenes. While Lora Leigh has become somewhat of a joke, I've definitely read some hot steamy scenes of hers in earlier books.

Posted on Jan 14, 2012 8:39:57 AM PST
shiloh walker

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 14, 2012 9:02:47 AM PST
Hagler says:
I agree with you completely on all accounts Lora Leigh (former fav.) unfortunately has become predictable and her editor/publisher has horrible proof reading skills, Shannon Mckenna's early work and Kat/Bones....
However I have since found Shayla Black and her series beginning with "Wicked Ties" although there is always a menage scene they are done right, then there is the "Bound & Determined/Strip Search" series which is just as hot minus menage. Her Doomsday Brethren" series is more mainstream.

Posted on Jan 14, 2012 9:58:37 AM PST
Tippi says:
Jaid Black's books usually have shocking sex scenes. My favorites by her are Breeding Ground (h has sex with vampire while in his giant bat guise.)

Posted on Jan 14, 2012 10:24:15 AM PST
Tippi says:
Jaid Black's books usually have shocking sex scenes. My favorites by her are Breeding Ground (h has sex with vampire while in his giant bat guise.) and Dementia where the H is actually a gorilla-like being (think planet of the apes with sex.) better than you'd think.
Demon's Captive by Stephanie Snow Aliens attack earth and Alien H chooses human h as his mate. (Really great).

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 14, 2012 10:30:24 AM PST
D A ReaFin says:
Big fan of Shannon McKenna. My favorite is Extreme Danger can't get Nick out of my head!! Lora Leigh is hard to get through. She needs someone better to edit her books...too many mistakes!!

Posted on Jan 14, 2012 10:34:10 AM PST
DA - have you read McKenna's newest, Blood and Fire? I have seen it at the library but it looks so big and haven't heard anyone buzzing about it. Read the recap/reviews here; didn't realize it was a McCloud (well, related anyway) book. On the fence about it as I was disappointed in her last (Kev's) book.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 14, 2012 10:41:17 AM PST
D A ReaFin says:
Booklover-no I wasn't aware that she had a new book out. Thanks, I will check it out!!
What didn't you like about the last book ? I liked that one.

Posted on Jan 14, 2012 10:42:28 AM PST
I like Selena Kitt "Baumgartner" series. I was a little shocked by some of the sex scenes when I read the first book Babysitting the Baumgartners (An Erotic Menage Novel)

Posted on Jan 14, 2012 10:46:54 AM PST
D A ReaFin says:
Booklover-no I wasn't aware that she had a new book out. Thanks, I will check it out!!
What didn't you like about the last book ? I liked that one.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 14, 2012 10:48:20 AM PST
DA - I was just so disappointed that there was no big reunion of any sort between the brothers; didn't seem like Kevin fit in or had any desire to. It was ok, but just not anywhere close to a favorite of mine. I'll still always love Behind Closed Doors best, I think! Reviews say that the "reunion" scene happens in Blood and Fire and it does have pretty good reviews.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 14, 2012 12:23:18 PM PST
Monique says:
@ D A Reafin

I have Shannon McKenna's Extreme Danger in my TBR pile and it just got bumped up. Could you give me some spoilers please? (If you don't mind) :)

Posted on Jan 14, 2012 1:27:04 PM PST
E. Raye says:
Lynn Viehl. Her stuff can be pretty steamy and yet I found myself shocked but strangely transfixed by a particular scene that just kinda snuck up on me while reading one of her Darkyn books one day. Can't remember which one it was though...dang. Lol.

Posted on Jan 14, 2012 1:38:11 PM PST
BethB says:
Cajun Hot by Nikita Black - not so shocking in terms of what turns up in mainstream now, but still a hot story, well told.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 14, 2012 2:05:39 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 14, 2012 2:06:07 PM PST
Cphe says:
I guess I have to throw Samantha Cruise and her novel Devil's Pact
into the mix.
I admit when reading it, it did "make my eyes go wide and my heart rate did increase"
It's been a couple of years since I read it and I may be wrong but I think he was referred to as the "cannon" in the book.
On a more serious bent I love Gem Sivad's westerns I think that her love scenes are really steamy.
And I thought that the scenes in Catherine Anderson Cheyenne Amber were very sensuous

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 15, 2012 6:46:27 AM PST
D A ReaFin says:
Monique-Extreme Danger has one of my favorite characters from the other books Nick! He can be Alpha jerk most of the time but you knew there was much more to him. Becca is great for him mostly because she is sweet/strong! The scene where they have sex in front of the cameras while the bad men are watching was very memorable!! Hope you enjoy it as much as I did! :)

Posted on Jan 15, 2012 2:05:51 PM PST
Tasha Temple is good!! Loved Warlord and am on my way to reading Awakenings!!

Posted on Jan 15, 2012 2:17:59 PM PST
D. Politis says:
Author Angela Knight's earlier books are so hot you might drop the book while reading it. Try Jane's Warlord for lots of bondage and dirty talk, Jane's Warlord (Berkley Sensation) All Wrapped Up: Blood Service for a vampire bounty hunter who likes adult toys and bondage, All Wrapped Up: Blood Service or Mercenaries for very muscular soldiers in space who like bondage and leather. Mercenaries

Posted on Jan 15, 2012 2:24:25 PM PST
Jenna Hedani says:
LOL! I see I'm not the only one who likes to be shocked. Thanks for all the great suggestions! I think I'll be reading about "the cannon" soon and Tippi, the bat sex sounds intriguing.

Millie, I agree I really like Tasha Temple too. After getting over my shock with Awakenings I just got and started reading Interplanetary Slave. A friend told me it's good so I'm looking forward to it.

Posted on Jan 15, 2012 4:19:09 PM PST
@Jenna- I think you would really like Warlord by Tasha Temple. Hero is a very barbarian alpha! I have also read the Devil's Pact and all I can say is be prepared for all the firings of the "cannon". Some of the scenes are really off the wall. LOL

Posted on Jan 15, 2012 11:10:09 PM PST
Suki says:
Passion

Posted on Jan 15, 2012 11:30:43 PM PST
Lisa says:
Is there menage in Angela Knight or Tasha Temple's books?

Posted on Jan 16, 2012 10:36:45 AM PST
Arual says:
Alyx by Lolah Burford. Shocking? Oh, yeah. But the story doesn't follow the romance script very closely. Pretty brutal stuff.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 84 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Romance forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Romance forum
Participants:  273
Total posts:  2079
Initial post:  Jan 13, 2012
Latest post:  Oct 6, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 108 customers

Search Customer Discussions