Customer Discussions > Romance forum

Bad first time with hero.

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 50 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Apr 22, 2012 3:40:14 PM PDT
Jessyka says:
I just finished reading Susan Mallery Only His. In it the first time the H and h did it he was a five minute man and drunk to boot as well as calling her his ex's name, so as you could imagine when they meet again ten years later there is a lot of baggage to look through. Anyway could you ladies give me any recomendations on books with the same kind of bad first smexy time in it. Historical or contemporary doesn't matter. Ohh and bonus points if the h has a life dates and maybe even has a good lover or two after the bad first time, but thats not essential. For some reason in romanceland only the hero is allowed to know is way around a v-jay-jay and give the girl any kind of happy. Anyhoodle, stepping off my soapbox and away from the rant, suggestions are welcome and snarking is encouraged. Thanks for any recomendations.

Posted on Apr 22, 2012 5:24:52 PM PDT
bump

Posted on Apr 22, 2012 5:30:50 PM PDT
from the description on amazon, this book may fit but I am not sure as I have not read it yet.

To Win His Wayward Wife (Scandalous Sisters, Book 3) by Rose Gordon. Historical

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 22, 2012 6:27:11 PM PDT
Kate Barley says:
Seducing Simon by Maya Banks. Hero was drunk and hurting over his ex and called the heroine by the ex-gf's name. It was the heroine's first time and she gets pregnant but he doesn't even remember their encounter and spends the entire book wondering who the father of her baby is.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 22, 2012 6:51:29 PM PDT
There's an anthology by Jami Alden called A Taste of Honey. The first short story in this novel is called Stripping It Down. It fits your theme. The heroine has a really bad first time with the hero....then they meet again several years later....and he wants a do-over.....

Posted on Apr 22, 2012 6:55:22 PM PDT
tealadytoo says:
Her Husband's Harlot (Mayhem in Mayfair #1)
Yeah, I know, crummy title. Victorian setting, h woefully underinformed by Mom about how wedding nights work, H is pretty lusty, she ends up screaming bloody murder at the critical moment and it all goes downhill from there.

Posted on Apr 22, 2012 6:59:32 PM PDT
Kate Barley says:
Undenied (Unbroken, book 3) by Maya Banks and Her Best Friend's Lover by Shiloh Walker which is very similar to Seducing Simon.

Posted on Apr 22, 2012 8:58:12 PM PDT
RomReader says:
Iron Cowboy (Silhouette Desire) by Diana Palmer

Posted on Apr 22, 2012 9:01:36 PM PDT
hiker says:
Lovers in the Afternoon (Harlequin Presents #829)

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 22, 2012 9:13:23 PM PDT
V says:
Texas! Chase: A Novel by Sandra Brown

Posted on Apr 22, 2012 9:19:37 PM PDT
T. Smith says:
I can't remember which ones, but it seems a few of Amada Quick's historicals have the first time being less then steller for the h. Not really bad, but more like afterwards she would say something like she didn't care to do that again, it wasn't all that great. The stuff leading up to the deed to was ok, but the deed itself... meh. You can imagine the H's feeling of embarrassment to that sort of statement. Wish I could remember exactly which ones..... anyone know?

Posted on Apr 22, 2012 10:09:32 PM PDT
Vdy says:
T. Smith - I recently re-read "Mistress" and "The River knows" .. in both the h is not impressed with her first time ! :) Not able to re-call any more offhand .. but yes .. her novels do have this. I like that ! :)

Jessyka - I do not know any more that have the 2nd part of your requirement .. sadly our heroines rarely have the chance to do comparison studies ! ;)

Posted on Apr 22, 2012 10:48:28 PM PDT
read4fun says:
The first one that comes to mind is Shanna by Kathleen Woodiwiss. H/h first time are together in a carriage, but at best moment(ehm "blush") they are interrupted.

Posted on Apr 22, 2012 10:49:52 PM PDT
virky says:
To Seduce a Sinner by Elizabeth Hoyt

Posted on Apr 23, 2012 1:49:28 AM PDT
Neogirl says:
@T Smith - Hi, I just reread one of Amanda Quicks - the Paid Companion and Wait Until Midnight had these themes - funny as the H realises the h wasn't too impressed and now he is set out to show her how it is done properly!

Posted on Apr 23, 2012 7:36:12 AM PDT
Summer says:
I second To Seduce a Sinner, the h very cleverly seduces the H into making love to her properly. An other historical, Highland Bride the H quickly consumates the marriage, the h thinks that is all there is to her new husband, and feels cheated, as she has seen the sparke in other women after they been properly bedded. Later on when he does make love to her, she is so loud, she becomes the "bell" for dinner, as they know H and h will be coming down for dinner after that. Very funny.

Posted on Apr 23, 2012 7:59:29 AM PDT
Jen M. says:
I second To Seduce A Sinner (The Legend of the Four Soldiers). It's part of a series and this one was the best of the 4 books.

Posted on Apr 23, 2012 6:54:21 PM PDT
I third To Seduce A Sinner.

Seducing The Proper Miss Miller (Desire) by Anne Marie Winston

Posted on Apr 23, 2012 7:21:47 PM PDT
To Seduce a Sinner is one of my favorite books! Vale was hilarious... most especially when Melissande is challenging him on whether he's insane LOL.

Hmmm, notwithstanding my large TBR pile, perhaps I need to re-read again!

Posted on Apr 24, 2012 12:10:46 PM PDT
Robin Wilson says:
Whitney, My Love by Judith McNaught

Posted on Apr 24, 2012 3:03:14 PM PDT
Sandra H says:
What I Did for Love: A Novel

Posted on Apr 25, 2012 7:17:05 AM PDT
B. Soraya says:
@Robin Wilson

Clayton raped Whitney the first time no ?

Posted on Apr 25, 2012 7:56:57 AM PDT
read4fun says:
He thought she had been with somebody else and so he forces himself on her and finds out it is her first time :( Not my favorite scene in the book, but I still liked it overall.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 25, 2012 2:56:39 PM PDT
A similar scene happened in another one of Judith McNaught's, Once and Always. The H thought the h had been with her betrothed in America so he was very rough with her on their wedding night. She was in a lot of pain, enough to not want to do it again. The H later realized she was a virgin when he saw blood on his thighs, he felt slightly guilty after that.

Posted on Apr 25, 2012 2:59:31 PM PDT
onlynesh says:
A Marine For Christmas by Beth Andrews fits this theme perfectly.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Romance forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Announcement
Amazon Discussions Feedback Forum
105 Jun 10, 2014
World of Romance. . . Rants & Raves. . . Thread #3 2749 11 seconds ago
Husband (H) falls for OW, then realizes he loves wife (h) 4 11 minutes ago
Hero has "performance" issues with other women but not with the heroine 35 18 minutes ago
looking for books like Song for Sophia 0 27 minutes ago
"The List" that was spawned by the popular Don't Shoot Me Thread 6659 40 minutes ago
Where oh where have the pronouns gone 6 44 minutes ago
BBA (a.k.a Books Are Not Babies) 5821 58 minutes ago
The 2nd Bargain Kindle romance books that are also GOOD ... please, no promos in this thread 70 1 hour ago
heroine enjoys sex!!! (gasp) 45 1 hour ago
Best Jealous Scene Ever 152 1 hour ago
Silhouette Desire - To quote "Touch And Go" - Lets go straight to No.1 1149 1 hour ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Romance forum
Participants:  39
Total posts:  50
Initial post:  Apr 22, 2012
Latest post:  May 30, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 17 customers

Search Customer Discussions