Best Books of the Month Shop Costumes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Janet Jackson All-New Amazon Fire TV Grocery Introducing Handmade New Kitchen Scale from AmazonBasics Amazon Gift Card Offer gdwf gdwf gdwf  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage  McCartney Shop Now Retro Toys Deal
Customer Discussions > Romance forum

Looking for a book title?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-7 of 7 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jun 7, 2012 8:07:38 AM PDT
D. Arnold says:
Historical - He is high ranking (duke or something) marries her for her money and leaves her in the country with little or no money. She helps out to make due. I think he married her and left her to go back to his rakish ways.

One scene - H comes to country home and goes to the stable to leave his horse. Hands who he thinks is a stable hand the horse with instructions. She is the stable hand. She is upset that he didn't even recognize his own wife!

This is all I can remember. I also think it might have been a sequel to another book. Maybe her friend (family) in first book married. They were considered wallflowers?
Your reply to D. Arnold's post:
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)

Posted on Jun 8, 2012 7:57:09 AM PDT
D. Arnold says:

Posted on Jun 8, 2012 7:58:53 AM PDT
HJ Leonard says:
Have you looked up the 'Wallflower' books? Lisa Kleypas has a series of these, and a few other authors (drawing a blank on their names right now). I haven't read any of them, but if you remember 'wallflowers' it's a good starting point, right?

Posted on Jun 8, 2012 8:05:05 AM PDT
D. Arnold says:
Read all the wallflower books several times. I am getting little glimses of this book, but am trying to get it together before I post. I don't want to mix book ideas. I am guessing that book is by a not as well known author such as Kleypas.

Posted on Jun 8, 2012 8:38:11 AM PDT
Nel says:
There is a Catherine Coulter book where he married the h because he had to and left her at his country home. He returned to town to continue his life, the h loved horses and I believe she may have been in the stables when he first returned. I think the book is Midsummer Magic (Magic Trilogy). It is part of a trilogy.

Posted on Jun 8, 2012 8:57:38 AM PDT
boogenhagen says:
the book is A Ravishing Redhead (Wedded Women Quartet) by Jill Eaton - he needs her dowry, marries her then abandons her for a year.

Posted on Jun 8, 2012 2:07:08 PM PDT
D. Arnold says:
Haven't read either one of these authors.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Romance forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Romance forum
Participants:  4
Total posts:  7
Initial post:  Jun 7, 2012
Latest post:  Jun 8, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions