Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon St Lucia easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Grocery Valentine's Day Cards Knock snow out cold Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Winter Sports on Amazon.com Sale
Customer Discussions > Romance forum

Help - Trying to remember a book title from the 1990s?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jul 2, 2012 11:04:40 AM PDT
J. Marriott says:
This book has been popping in and out of my thoughts but can't remember the author or title for the life of me. It's been a few weeks and it's driving me batty. What I remember of the plot is sadly, fairly vague - she's a diplomat's (or some other high ranking US official) daughter, kidnapped somewhere around the Mediterranean, special forces go in to rescue her, and of course, she falls for one of her rescuers, and the bulk of the story I remember is them trying to get her out of whatever town she'd been taken to. I'm fairly certain this book was published in the 1990s (could have been a layover from late 1980s, but I don't think so). Any thoughts out there?
Your reply to J. Marriott's post:
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)

Posted on Jul 2, 2012 11:23:49 AM PDT
LTR says:
Is it MACKENZIE'S PLEASURE by Linda Howard? It fits everything you talked about -- so give it a try!

Posted on Jul 2, 2012 11:31:04 AM PDT
J. Marriott says:
Thank you! I just ordered it to give it a go. That plot does sound exactly like what I'm remembering. :)

Posted on Jul 2, 2012 11:31:30 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 2, 2012 11:38:14 AM PDT
Mackenzie's Pleasure / Defending His Own by Linda Howard

I'm thinking it's this one (MacKenzie's Pleasure by Linda Howard) about Zane MacKenzie, a Navy SEAL, and Barrie Lovejoy, the daughter of an ambassador. She is kidnapped from Athens and taken to Libya. Zane and his team are called in to rescue her. He gets her out of the kidnappers' hands but then they have to hole up for about 12 hours or so and wait for darkness since they couldn't get away clean.

Does this sound like it? Do you need more spoilers?

Oh, duh, sorry. Someone else beat me to it.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Romance forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Romance forum
Participants:  3
Total posts:  4
Initial post:  Jul 2, 2012
Latest post:  Jul 2, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions