Customer Discussions > Romance forum

Heroine comforts hero.

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-7 of 7 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Aug 5, 2012 1:55:35 PM PDT
Magelet says:
More often, it's the hero who comforts and is strong for the heroine. One of the category romances I really like, "His Comfort and Joy" by Jessica Bird (J.R. Ward) has the opposite in a couple of scenes, the heroine comforting the hero, and it's really sweet. Any other recommendations where the hero goes to the heroine for comfort? (And not necessarily in a sexual way.)

Posted on Aug 5, 2012 2:17:18 PM PDT
graviola says:
Hmmm I guess the spider prince by Rebecca Goings (he lost his first wife and is still grieving... the h can be a bit too passive through), Here comes the groom by Karina Bliss (soldier dealing with the death of his platon) and Bride by Mistake by Anne Gracie (ex-soldier that had to go back to Spain and deal with his trauma...historical and one of my favorites).

Hope I helped :)

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 5, 2012 2:37:50 PM PDT
T214T1987 says:
In Shanna by Kathleen Woodiweiss, Raurk is comforted by Shanna many times through course of book. One I remember is after a party, when she has ignored him, she feels horrible, he climbs in her window, and he begs her to comfort him and says, "Shanna love me, please, I need you to love me"...it is very emotional.

Posted on Aug 5, 2012 3:04:04 PM PDT
Robin Wilson says:
I love Marrying The Captain (Harlequin Historical) because the heroine takes care of him when he's ill. I know this has been done in numerous books, but it's especially sweet since he's been so used to being alone in the world...and on his ship. :-)
It's a great love story by Carla Kelly.

Posted on Aug 5, 2012 7:24:57 PM PDT
tealadytoo says:
Just finished Elaine Levine's The Edge of Courage (Red Team). H has a terrible time with PTSD after traumatic events while serving in Afghanistan. Several instances where h provides comfort.

Posted on Aug 6, 2012 5:50:08 AM PDT
A. Miyata says:
Always to Remember

The heroine is a young widow who goes to the hero (considered a traitor by the town for refusing to fight in the war) to force him to make a memorial for the men who fought and died during the war. He's given up on love and thinks no one will ever love him because everyone treats him like a monster for having refused to participate in the war-- she proves him otherwise and comforts him from the nightmares he has about the war and the time he spent in prison.

Posted on Aug 7, 2012 4:05:08 PM PDT
Ties That Bind

Heroes sister dies; heroine (ex-wife) helps him through it.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Romance forum
Participants:  7
Total posts:  7
Initial post:  Aug 5, 2012
Latest post:  Aug 7, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 4 customers

Search Customer Discussions