Customer Discussions > Romance forum

Bargain Kindle romance books that are also GOOD ... please, no promos in this thread

This discussion has reached the maximum length permitted, and cannot accept new replies. Start a new discussion

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 2826-2850 of 1000 posts in this discussion
Posted on Jun 6, 2012 7:05:28 AM PDT
I just finished The Governess Affair (The Brothers Sinister) by Courtney Milan and highly recommend it (.99). It is a novella, which I usually don't like to pay money for, but I have read other books by Milan and found she is a favorite of mine. Not a typical regency romance - the characters are everyday working class - and I thought the dialog between the h/H exceptional.

It is meant to be an introduction to a series and I hope we hear more from these characters in coming books.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 6, 2012 7:32:37 AM PDT
I also read The Governess Affair by C. Milan and loved it. She is one of my favorite authors. I highly recommend her books.

Posted on Jun 6, 2012 8:17:51 AM PDT
I third The Governess Affair. I am looking forward to her next book based on the children of the main characters.

Posted on Jun 6, 2012 9:44:15 AM PDT
Tate says:
At Last by Barbara Bretton .99

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 6, 2012 10:01:42 AM PDT
Lisa says:
Thanks, Tate for At Last. I made the mistake of reading the reviews which I think gave away spoilers.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 6, 2012 2:39:32 PM PDT
Tate says:
@Lisa -- your welcome and I hate when that happens!! I've read most of Barbara Bretton's early works and a lot of them are pretty good! Enjoy!

Posted on Jun 8, 2012 5:20:18 AM PDT
gimptrip™ says:
Bump

Posted on Jun 8, 2012 7:41:20 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 8, 2012 7:42:52 AM PDT
This is historical rather than romance (although there is some romance). It is free and has good reviews. I read the first page or two and the writing is very good.

THE WOLF'S SUN

Posted on Jun 8, 2012 8:05:56 AM PDT
RomanceLover says:
The Redemption of Lord Rawlings (House of Renwick) down from 2.99 to 0.99 cents. I haven't read it yet but i thought the blurb looked good.

Posted on Jun 8, 2012 3:04:57 PM PDT
JudyB says:
Brenda Joyce - Promise of the Rose Promise of the Rose is only $2.99 right now. One of the best medieval romances I have read. I paid the full $7.99 for the kindle version and have the paperback also.

Posted on Jun 8, 2012 8:33:16 PM PDT
bsedam says:
Really enjoyed this free PRN WereSlave (Were Legends, Book One). Dominant handsome were H and pretty sweet queenly H.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 8, 2012 9:54:39 PM PDT
Angel54 says:
If you like laVyrle Spencer then try Bittersweet and Morning Glory. I think they are her best.

Posted on Jun 9, 2012 5:24:20 AM PDT
Daily Cheap reads recently listed several Margaret Moore titles on sale for .99. In looking at the reviews it seems they are a bit iffy and my TBR list is so big right now I'm not sure if I want to add them to it - unless these books are a great bargain. Has anyone read any of these titles and can provide any feedback?

http://dailycheapreads.com/category/romance/

Posted on Jun 9, 2012 5:33:03 AM PDT
Earth Witch says:
I remember picking up a couple at a library sale. I don't think I finished either or I glossed to the end. The titles are all so similar I couldn't tell which two I had and even quickly looking at the plot summaries I'm not sure. Not a good sign. There might be better ways to spend 99 cents.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 9, 2012 10:52:41 AM PDT
KME says:
Bsedam.....are there any third parties in the bedroom in Were Slave? I am not really into reading books that have a ménage in it. I like when the H doesn't want to share the h.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 9, 2012 11:11:14 AM PDT
bsedam says:
KME

There is one menage scene in the book. The H is very possessive but the way the author wrote this scene the h would have been in terrible pain without the help of the OM (the H's second and pack member). This is not something the H will not let happen again.

It was a very satisfying Alpha H, PRN, HEA for free. I love finding gems like this. FYI, I don;t like menage either. In fact in rec's from GR, I void them, but this one did not offend me.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 10, 2012 5:23:53 PM PDT
KME says:
Thanks bsedam!

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 10, 2012 5:26:43 PM PDT
Thanks, Earth!

Posted on Jun 11, 2012 6:06:51 AM PDT
RomanceLover says:
Ral's Woman (Zorn Warriors, Book One) by Laurann Dohner is free right now. I thought it was a good story.

Posted on Jun 11, 2012 9:38:22 AM PDT
ICA says:
Thanks RomanceLover, I've started a couple of her other series and have liked them. I am happy to download this one for free!

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 11, 2012 10:04:27 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 11, 2012 10:05:53 AM PDT
ebookfan says:
RomanceLover-Thanks

Posted on Jun 11, 2012 10:45:23 AM PDT
C. Stone says:
Just downloaded Ral. Wereslave was ok for me. Got it for free so that was a plus. The menage was minor but seemed awkward how it came about and was done. Could have worked without it in my opinion and just have the hero work overtime :)

Posted on Jun 11, 2012 8:27:55 PM PDT
Lisa says:
Tate: At Last went FREE, I got my refund then "repurchased" it.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 11, 2012 9:02:28 PM PDT
bsedam says:
Lisa:

thanks. this looks really good, I love second chance romances and just purchased this one.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 11, 2012 9:27:38 PM PDT
Chellb says:
Thanks for the warning on the spoilers. I hate spoilers. Maybe if you put it at the bottom of your TBR, you will have forgotten the spoilers by the time you get around to reading it.
Discussion locked

This discussion

Discussion in:  Romance forum
Participants:  790
Total posts:  10000
Initial post:  Mar 12, 2011
Latest post:  Sep 15, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 195 customers

Search Customer Discussions