Customer Discussions > Romance forum

Worst Betrayl Ever!!!

This discussion has reached the maximum length permitted, and cannot accept new replies. Start a new discussion

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 2876-2900 of 1000 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on May 7, 2012 1:56:23 AM PDT
BethB says:
Why doesn't anyone ask Jace why HE didn't bring them to justice?

Still not convinced that Reece had grown at all during the 9 years. He fired the deputy because the guy was a drunk. It would've been so much better if the deputy had crossed the line in some other way and Reese took a moral stand. But we got zero indication of how he worked as sheriff. For all we know, he was still turning a blind eye.

In reply to an earlier post on May 7, 2012 8:38:59 AM PDT
S. Bhattacharya: Yes, I think that one was debated on this board. At least I have read it. It is similar (although not as severe) as another I read recently that had the H taking revenge on the wrong woman for the death of a child in their family. Amazing how very few of people like this get their proper comeupance, isn't it?

Posted on May 7, 2012 11:50:27 AM PDT
Re: The Sheriff's Surrender. This has got to be the worst betrayal ever!!!!!

Most of the men and some of the women in my family bleed blue and some of the trash in this book was appalling!! I don't mind reading books with dirty cops, I just can't stand for the H to be one of them. The reason they felt they could shoot her and get away with it, was because Reese himself was a dirty cop. The guy that shot her knew that the H wouldn't do anything about it. He turned a blind eye to the corruption so they had carte blanche to do as they pleased. He wasn't mad at her for getting the wife beater off, he was mad that she pointed out to the world how bad his department was. He can't promise to protect someone and then let his people mess up the investigation and the interrogation. Those two things just don't mesh.

He had no redeeming qualities at all. She should have pressed charges on the whole bunch of them, cops don't do to well in prison!

In reply to an earlier post on May 7, 2012 12:26:48 PM PDT
Reader in NJ says:
Lovestoread522, you very succinctly stated my issues with this book. The H was at the very least an "accessory" for letting the bad cops get away with breaking the law. They are the ones responsbile for the woman being killed -- since the killer was let go because they beat a confession out of him.

Much as I liked Jace I don't understand why he sent the h to his cousin for protection knowing how the H treated or actually mistreated her in the past. And the fact that those dirty cops got away with beating someone as well as shooting the h makes the book overall just awful. Wasn't there a single cop in that department who wanted to "right" the injustices?

Posted on May 7, 2012 12:45:32 PM PDT
Reader in NJ, Nope there wasn't one good "cop" in that bunch. Jace didn't report them, cause he knew Reese would let his "boys" teach him a lesson as well. I didn't care too much for Jace either, he knew what was done to the h was wrong on so many levels, there could be no good reason to throw her under the bus that way. This book pushed all my buttons!

The h was TSTL. Sorry, there is no coming back from what he did to her. He should have been the bad guy in the book and some other guy should have been the H. Maybe the H could have been an IAD officer looking into corruption. I can undertand her questioning herself, it's has to suck to defend someone you know is guilty, and it must have sucked even more knowing she got him off, cause the officers were dumb azz's, who had no clue about police procedure. I can't believe she wanted that lame azz Reese. This book was one for the trash heap!

Posted on May 7, 2012 12:48:42 PM PDT
wondercat says:
I must be a masochist, but now I feel like I actually WANT to read The Sheriff's Surrender. As long as I can avoid throwing my kindle against the wall in the process. To those of you who've read it, Was it a complete waste of time? If I'm not going to get anything out of it, I'll skip it. Sometimes you just need a book you know if going to pi$$ you off.

Posted on May 7, 2012 12:55:35 PM PDT
I read it on Scribd - or rather, I attempted to read it on Scribd but the H gave me rage fits and heartburn so I gave up. I think it would have elevated me to a whole other level of rage if I had paid money to read it.

Posted on May 7, 2012 1:04:56 PM PDT
and this was billed as a romance?

Posted on May 7, 2012 1:06:36 PM PDT
wondercat says:
I think rage fits and heartburn might be a bit more than I'm looking for as far as frustration goes. I think I'm skipping, even if I can read on scribd.

Posted on May 7, 2012 1:14:23 PM PDT
It was totally my fault. I knew I should have waited until I had wine and ice cream but the daggone book sounded so completely insane that I had to read it right then and there.

Posted on May 7, 2012 1:26:17 PM PDT
Wondercat. I actually read the whole damn thing hoping against hope that the douche would redeem himself, but noooooo. I can't imagine these two having HEA. She will eventually end up in a battered women's shelter. Wishing someone dead is a deal breaker for me, which the H did. He was emotionally abusive, heaven forbid she should defend and get off another scumbag during her career, he will probably shoot her himself!

Posted on May 7, 2012 1:39:14 PM PDT
wondercat says:
Oh yeah, I'm skipping this one. I love an emotional read, but it sounds like the only emotion I'd be feeling is blinding anger.

Posted on May 7, 2012 1:58:49 PM PDT
and the urge to throw up!

In reply to an earlier post on May 7, 2012 2:36:50 PM PDT
I drank the koolaide and bought the thing before all the details came out. Now I'm wondering if I should waste the time.

In reply to an earlier post on May 7, 2012 2:55:29 PM PDT
wondercat,

Re: Sheriff's Surrender

I didn't like the H, thought the h was broken, but it was a well-written book. If nothing else, think about how many books recommended on this thread have generated this level of reader involvement. Sure, most people hate the H and everyone else in the book, but it still triggered an emotional response.

It is worth reading for that alone.

Posted on May 7, 2012 5:50:37 PM PDT
Reader says:
I'm all for lots of angst in books but I don't think that even Boogenhagen's skillet would make me feel better for a H that wouldn't help a h when shot. For me it is definately a skip. I am putting my fingers in my ears (lalalalalalalalalala) so I will not be tempted to read. From what I've heard I will hate everyone equally in that book.

In reply to an earlier post on May 7, 2012 5:54:12 PM PDT
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on May 7, 2012 6:02:10 PM PDT
Serenity says:
Linda you have to remove your self-promoting tag at the end of your comment. Some readers will not buy a book from an author who violates Amazon's rules.

In reply to an earlier post on May 7, 2012 7:54:17 PM PDT
Vanessa says:
I have this feeling that my glasses won't work for this one. I'm thinking . . . a lobotomy!!!! Maybe I may attempt it . . . or at least add to my wishlist. LOL!! When I'm looking for a DD.

Posted on May 7, 2012 8:38:02 PM PDT
Lillian Rose says:
This is what I posted on : Heroine Suffers near fatal experience thread.

Drr.Drew, That would be good except I'm not too happy with Jace giving Neely over to Reese, when he knew that he wanted her dead. Also the whole time that they were apart not once did Jace confront Reese with what he did, they are cousins, you would think he would be honest with him.

Okay so Jace turns around and realises that Neely might be in danger with Reese and goes after her, Jace and Neely fall in love get married HEA. Then Reese is arrested for being an accessory because he looked the other way and he asks Neely to defend him, she says sorry I only defend the innocent now. Reese goes off to jail. HEA for me.

In reply to an earlier post on May 7, 2012 8:40:12 PM PDT
Lillian Rose says:
Coyote Rising, yes it is in the wrong genre. No romance that I can see. I think that maybe someone should read the book before classification rather than taking the authors say so.

Posted on May 8, 2012 7:50:42 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 8, 2012 7:54:07 AM PDT
Lillian Rose, I love your HEA better!!!! This is not a romance, it's a guide for women, "how to avoid an abuser".

Mary L Valley, if you bought it read it! I did, it's not my favorite and never will be, I won't ever read it again. But you may like it, and any book that results in so many emotions from the readers is worth the shot. Some of us are on the hate it side, but some of the others on this thread are not.

Posted on May 8, 2012 11:08:12 AM PDT
PBCW says:
arent the intimate moment collections kind of flat in the romance department , I dont need erotica by any means but I like romance in my romance novels . Does the sheriffs surrender have love scenes ? is it a part of a series? Thanks girls

In reply to an earlier post on May 8, 2012 11:41:00 AM PDT
Lillian Rose says:
PBCW, The whole series is available on scribd, just search the authors name and you should find it, I think there is 7 books.

In reply to an earlier post on May 8, 2012 5:57:18 PM PDT
Thanks for that rec S. Bhattacharya...

Apart from the ending that was exactly the kind of dodgy angsty M&B read that i was needing at the moment.

SPOILER

I really HATE it when a h works hard to get some independence and it turns out that all the lucky breaks she got were orchestrated by the H all along. Not to mention if it was me i'd be feeling pretty betrayed by my new mother figure.... Sometimes i like my h's to throw a good tizzy fit and i always prefer that they manage to hold a grudge for a little while.
Discussion locked

Active discussions in related forums  

This discussion

Discussion in:  Romance forum
Participants:  491
Total posts:  10000
Initial post:  Jan 30, 2010
Latest post:  Feb 27, 2015

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 97 customers

Search Customer Discussions