Customer Discussions > Romance forum

HP discussion. Good bad and inbetween.

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 2976-3000 of 1000 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on May 10, 2012 11:50:00 PM PDT
RgReader says:
The only May HP I liked was Deal at the Alter by Lynne Graham. I am a LG fan tho.
Your reply to RgReader's post:
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)

Posted on May 14, 2012 12:13:28 PM PDT
hiker says:
Dearest Traitor (Harlequin Presents) saw this listed as a 4-5 star read on gr... i really liked it.. not sure what the hero was thinking half the time though... instead of trying kindness and trying to date the h ... he was not really nice to her... then when she step up her relationship with om... he does the nice bit... but lots of misunderstandings... he turns out to be a great guy though...

Desire (Harlequin Presents edition, 472) just okay.. the hero pretended to be having an affair with someone else in this book .. it was an accidental pregnancy.. they marry... some drama...

Forgotten Lover just okay... shes a model loses a year of her life after she has her son and her husband dies in a plane crash.... the hero was married getting a divorce and the h was engaged.... they have a affair.... he finds out his wife is very ill... he goes back to her.... she is pregnant... tells the fiance... he marries her anyways... they are in a plane crash .. the h husband dies.. she gives birth loes her memory..... the h goes on a modeling assignment.. .the hero doesn't believe she doesn't remember... thinks she if faking it... the heros daughter wants to hang around the h.. they go back home to england ... the h and the hero start a relationship based on the kids.. she has a two year old... the hero eventually believes she doesn't remember... they marry... she discovers her son has the same birth mark as the hero... (something in this book made me feel a little dirty is they go to a party and this woman is all over the hero... the h gets mad and leaves .. tells the hero about it... he says its his sec. and she was getting her own back because the hero was supposed to have an affair with her... but he met the h... ewww....)

Posted on May 14, 2012 12:27:25 PM PDT
hiker says:
i have a bunch of books i have discovered thru.. goodreads.. its wonderful...
Twisting Shadows another drama filled book... the h sister dies in a car wreck... the hero and his cousin are to blame as far as the h is concerned ... the cousin got the young 18 sister pregnant.. she dies in a car wreck.. pretty heart broken because the heros cousin broke it off with her... she thought is was serious... he not so much... he went to marry the love of his life who left him... anyways the h goes to work for the heros company.. they both hit on her... then she puts them in thier place... they finally figure out who she is... they explain what a wild child her sister was etc... the h gets sick the hero comes and stays with her taking care of her... the heros sec... gets her digs in on how the hero sends roses to start the affair and carnations to end it... the hero in the heat of the moment... tells the h that hes glad he can have her as long as he wants her... she breaks it off... he comes to grovel one more time... she tells him to get lost... the cousin comes to tell the h she has destroyed the hero... (which is what he had done to the sister..jmo...) though he wont take blame for his part.. she goes to grovel to get him back...

Two Timing Man (Harlequin Presents) yeah i know roberta leigh...lol... liked it .. its a drama packed misunderstandings mess...

Posted on May 14, 2012 12:38:57 PM PDT
hiker says:
Haunted this was on strange book... the hero was a crazy jealous the h leaves him... she thinks he died in a car wreck ... goes to france to see her aunt... come to find out the hero was mistaked for his best friend and the best friends wife had his face recontructed to look like her husband... she eventally knows that the man she is living with isn't her husband. and is in love.. but the hero has no memory of before the wreck... shes a nut... tries to run the h down in her car.... i didn't feel good at the end of this book... the wife left after the hero got his memory back... and he goes off with the h.... it was all strange... jmo..

Posted on May 14, 2012 2:43:06 PM PDT
Yo says:
Hey hiker, glad to see you and your summaries are back.

In reply to an earlier post on May 14, 2012 4:32:42 PM PDT
Vanessa says:
I kind of liked Twisting Shadows, but I did not like how things were blamed all on the sister who is dead and can't defend herself. She was 18 at the time too. I felt sorry for the cousin some, but then he came on pretty strong towards the h at one point, so. . . it just makes me question his whole story later on.

In reply to an earlier post on May 14, 2012 5:35:53 PM PDT
hiker says:
hi yo... working my way thru the tbr pile... lol.. sometimes a feel kinda strange with all my posting but just trying to keep this thread going because i have found some wonderful books mentioned here

vanessa... twisting shadows did have lots of great drama... i liked it too.... it even had the nasty sec. getting fired when the hero found out what she said to the h.... and i loved it..lol.

In reply to an earlier post on May 15, 2012 5:38:47 AM PDT
Please Hiker keep posting. I love your descriptions.

Posted on May 15, 2012 5:17:09 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 15, 2012 5:18:59 PM PDT
Michigangirl says:
Forgotten Lover was just okay for me. The hero was a little too laid back. Like the issue with the PA, and she's just getting her own back because you took her man.

Also, the problems he had with his daughter basically set it up where his wife raised his daughter and he took no part in it until he actually had to step up to the plate when his wife got sick and couldn't do it.

I just didn't really like him that much.

I just finished Smokescreen Marriage. It was a pretty decent book but had a few failings for me. I liked the hero, for the most part..But I really didn't like the flashbacks to the past, if it was that important she should have just started out with the meeting and had the few months separation in the middle.

I also wasn't fond of the hero's father, and the fact that he's sleepign with his mistress, *does she really count as a mistress when she's living in his family home?* but going after the cousin of his dead wife. Sorry, if you don't want one, you should ditch her, none of this, make sure I have another one set up before leaving the old one.

And the talking at odds with each other seemed pretty contrived, not as bad as some I read, but pretty bad.

Also, the other woman issue just seemed to kill the really important issue which was the heroine going with him. I don't really trust him because he was too, I know best and you do what I tell you *in a nice way but still completely closed off* And the heroine was weak enough to be upset that she argued with him and just go with whatever he said.

I did like that the hero confronted her with the fact that she'd never told him she loved him. That was such a turn around. I think his insecurities were well described in the present, which is probably why I wasn't overly fond of the flashbacks.

I would have liked this book much much more if the issues that drove the hero and heroine apart were that he refused everything. Going away and leaving her there and refusing to have her come with him and no babies. Kind of like Driving Force where he's so busy winning the battles he doesn't realize he lost the war until she finally decides she can't live the life he wants and since he won't bend for her, she'll have to leave.

Or maybe I was just looking for a sweeter type of HP this time.

In reply to an earlier post on May 15, 2012 6:18:10 PM PDT
hiker says:
Smokescreen Marriage (Harlequin Presents) michigangirl... i know it would have competely destroyed the plot/misunderstanding... but how hard would of it had been for him to explained about the ow/fathers mistress... lol,, and for her to have told the hero about the ow being in the bedroom and what she said...

i liked that she didn't fall back in with him imediately when he blackedmailed her into coming back for the wedding...

this hero did do a good pout.... not taking her with him on his trip... going out at night when he brought her back to his hotel after he blackmailed her into pretending they were back together.... also the fact he did confront her or not saying she loved him....

i agree it wasn't a pink fuzzy read

Posted on May 15, 2012 7:12:40 PM PDT
Ok, can someone tell me this one:

The h/H were married (I think) but she leaves him for some reason (maybe she thought he was having an affair). She burns her clothes on the lawn. Now for some reason they are back together but she is reluctant. When they return to the house she sees a statue in the exact place where she burned her clothes.

Later the H tells her that he used to sit and stare at her statue. She didn't realize it was her because the statue was beautiful and she didn't think that she was.

In reply to an earlier post on May 15, 2012 9:46:00 PM PDT
boogenhagen says:
Heartless Marriage (Harlequin Presents) by Helen Brooks is the one your thinking of Judith.

I love the H in Smokescreen Marriage, my absolute favorite part is when he gets his dad out of bed and confronts the GF with "We are having an affair and running off together, I am glad your going to support me while I manage your career" (which is kinda paraphrased) I laugh every time I read that scene, I think it is one of the best ever.

Posted on May 16, 2012 9:55:09 AM PDT
The Millionaire's Makeover (Silhouette Special Edition)

i just read this one and i really enjoyed it. it reads like the hot shot H is going to fix the poor little h, but you realize as the story unfolds that he keeps going back to her because he needs the healing she brings to him. yes, she does change along the way, but she was ripe for it and was planning it-she was seeing a counsellor, had been for years, but the latest one was getting her to do more.
there was the requisite evil OW (ex-wife) who attacked her self esteem, but h refused to be a victim of others anymore.

the H had issues, but they didn't involve abusing or disrespecting the h. he opened up for the h, although being recently divorced he wasn't comfortable with his emotions. i like the thinking, character type romances...

Posted on May 16, 2012 2:23:16 PM PDT
@Boog

Thanks again!!

Ok, here is another one. It's more vague but I know you can do it.

At the end? of the book, they are apart. She finds a picture of the H and another woman in a magazine or a newspaper. She clips it out and hangs it up in her wardrobe to torture herself.

Posted on May 16, 2012 4:54:30 PM PDT
Michigangirl says:
is that the one where she hangs the picture up and throws darts at it or something? Then he shows up in her apartment and she thinks oh crap about the picture?

Posted on May 16, 2012 8:26:39 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 16, 2012 8:27:15 PM PDT
Michigangirl says:
So all this talk about Linden in the other thread...and when I was looking for a book to read and stumbled across Gypsy by Carole Mortimer I decided to pull it out.

I love this book, but I'm not looking forward to the off the wallbanger horror that is the ending.

Anyone have any ideas for how it should end? I have firm plans on quitting when the Grandfather tells her she should tell the hero about his child.

And for anyone that hasn't read it yet, awesome heroine in this one.

Heroine works for the hero and hears through office grapevine that he's divorcing his wife. He basically goes after her and they start going together. She is not a secret and goes to family events. His wife also shows up with her own boyfriends to family parties.

One day the heroine asks him when the divorce will be finalized so that the wife would finally be out of the picture and not coming to all the family events.

That's when he informs her that he has no intention of ever divorcing his wife, and the only way they'd get divorced is if SHE asked for the divorce, but he still expected the heroine to stick with him. Heroine leaves him and winds up pregnant.

She falls in love with his younger brother and winds up marrying him and they move from England to America. The heroine is back at the start of the book because her husband died in a plane crash and she's pregnant with his baby.

The hero is getting a divorce because his wife has found someone else that she wants more. And of course he wants the heroine back.

Now the greatness of the heroine is that she hates his guts, freely tells him all the time she hates his guts, and does NOT just melt at his touch all the time.

In reply to an earlier post on May 16, 2012 8:55:35 PM PDT
boogenhagen says:
I am stumped on this one, did he play tennis?

In reply to an earlier post on May 17, 2012 3:58:47 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 17, 2012 3:59:23 PM PDT
@boog

"did he play tennis"

Uh, perhaps, I just can't remember any detail other than the picture in the wardrobe. I just remember she would open the wardrobe when she was really missing him just to remind herself that he didn't want her.

@Michgangirl
She doesn't throw darts at it. She isn't mad at him just seemed to be sad.

Posted on May 17, 2012 4:47:26 PM PDT
B. Lim says:
The Forbidden Ferrara SARAH MORGAN
A Ferrara should never share a bed with Baracchi - however high the stakes! Dark-hearted Santino Ferrara has always remembered how long-legged, hot-tempered Fia Baracchi felt in his arms - much to his frustration! Then a million-dollar business deal throws them together, and keeping his distance is no longer an option. But Fia is living a lie. If it's ever discovered her precious little son is Santo's heir she'll be disowned - their families' feud is legendary! But her real fear? That she can't forget the scorching memories of her one night with the enemy - and that she still craves more...

I love this book because h is not TSLT and H is not overbearing. Is similar to Romeo and Juliet in a modern twist.

Posted on May 17, 2012 8:01:08 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 17, 2012 8:07:31 PM PDT
R. Rhodes says:
@ boogenhagen:
I am looking for this book. Here's the plot:
Motherless English girl (around 17) goes out to South America(?) to join her father. He is out in the jungle somewhere and she meets and falls in love with his business partner or friend (I don't remember). The man rejects her and then the father shows married to a nurse. The girl gets a tropical disease and almost dies. The H shows up and they all live HEA.
Does this ring a bell?

Thanks,
Angie

eta: It is probably 30-35 yrs old.

In reply to an earlier post on May 17, 2012 8:48:52 PM PDT
boogenhagen says:
Maybe Midnight Lover by Charlotte Lamb - I have to find it to be sure.

In reply to an earlier post on May 17, 2012 9:20:28 PM PDT
R. Rhodes says:
I don't think that is the right one. They don't get married until the end.

Posted on May 17, 2012 9:32:28 PM PDT
Michigangirl says:
Oh oh! This was a really old one, like early number HPs and it had hawk or something in the title.

The heroine is blonde, goes searching for her daddy. She meets the hero who turns out to work with her dad. He keeps her in his house, she's kinda spoiled.

She stays with him and basically falls in love, I think he had someone else he wanted.

The dad comes and the heroine wants to stay with her father. He's married to the nurse who helped him because he was sick or sick and a prisoner in some tribe in south america I believe.

It just makes me think of Up because I think his house was on a cliff somewhere??

Anyway, she leaves and gets a tropical disease, her stepmother doesn't really like her, or she doesn't like her stepmother, but the stepmother helps her through her sickness. I think the hero tracks her down way later and the heroine pretends to be over him.

Note, is this the one where she hangs the picture of him up??????

Posted on May 17, 2012 9:53:00 PM PDT
Michigangirl says:
Country of the Falcon

In reply to an earlier post on May 17, 2012 10:50:10 PM PDT
R. Rhodes says:
That's the right plot. But I don't remember a picture. It's been years since I read it. Boy, did it leave an impression on me!

@michigangirl: that could be it. I will see if I can find a copy at the local used book store. (I can't tell by the book description)

Thanks so much for all your help
Angie
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Romance forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Romance forum
Participants:  236
Total posts:  9873
Initial post:  Feb 25, 2011
Latest post:  5 days ago

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 57 customers

Search Customer Discussions